Smart watch for Golf Pad sensors

LucD

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,
First thread here from the beautiful Montreal area...

Got myself a new set of AP 3's last summer, As a result, I need to recalibrate my club distances. So, I am looking to get a set of Golf Pad sensors to see if it works as well as I read. However, I just hate the thought of stuffing my pocket with a heavy android smart phone that I have to tap at every stroke...

Could I get a smartwatch to bridge between the sensors and my phone (in my bag) ?

If yes, what are the best (and affordable) options out there?

Thx for your suggestions!

Golf Pad GPS and Galaxy S3 will be my choice this year, here is a review, answered a lot of my questions for "this system".

Hi all,
First thread here from the beautiful Montreal area...

Got myself a new set of AP 3's last summer, As a result, I need to recalibrate my club distances. So, I am looking to get a set of Golf Pad sensors to see if it works as well as I read. However, I just hate the thought of stuffing my pocket with a heavy android smart phone that I have to tap at every stroke...

Could I get a smartwatch to bridge between the sensors and my phone (in my bag) ?

If yes, what are the best (and affordable) options out there?

Thx for your suggestions!

Also LucD, might have to check as some watches and some sensors do not work together, still more for me to learn for sure. Some still require the phone to use the sensors, but do have watch functionality to select club , shot, etc,..

Golf Pad GPS and Galaxy S3 will be my choice this year, here is a review, answered a lot of my questions for "this system".

Whilst I like Samsung and a lot of their products (had their phones since the original S2), I would also love one of their watches. However app support is pretty limited as all of their products so far run Tizen OS which is their own OS vs the more common IOS / Apple and Wear OS / Android. Just something to bare in mind if you want to use your watch for other things. (Example for me, I like to be able to control my Podcast player from my watch, can't do it on Samsung watch yet)

There are rumours of them bringing out an Android version Samsung watch but I'm not holding my breath.

Personally, I use an original TicWatch, it's getting on a little now, but does the job, there is a new version out , and Fossil also make some good watches too

Whilst I like Samsung and a lot of their products (had their phones since the original S2), I would also love one of their watches. However app support is pretty limited as all of their products so far run Tizen OS which is their own OS vs the more common IOS / Apple and Wear OS / Android. Just something to bare in mind if you want to use your watch for other things. (Example for me, I like to be able to control my Podcast player from my watch, can't do it on Samsung watch yet)

There are rumours of them bringing out an Android version Samsung watch but I'm not holding my breath.

Personally, I use an original TicWatch, it's getting on a little now, but does the job, there is a new version out , and Fossil also make some good watches too

Makes good sense. I found that Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier watches are now going for less than $ 100 pretty much anywhere, so I bought it just for golf / gps / etc because I have the Samsung Galaxy S10+. I have been reading up on golf gps etc for Android, and it looks like Gold Pad GPS is pretty attentive compared to most software app companies, like you say, most of them have little to no support, so I have no problem using this just for golf gps, just to see how it turns out this year. Kinda anxious,..shot tracking metrics , even. ;-)

I have the galaxy watch and and golf pad GPS, if you want to use the functionality of the watch with the app it is 19.99 a year which is reasonable. I don't use the sensors in my clubs but you can chose what club you hit on the watch and it tracks the distance when you hit you hit your next shot and it keeps track of all of those averages for each club. With the sensors you can skip that step but i am looking at my watch for distances anyway so tapping the watch for the club is not a big deal for me, at least don't have to do it on the phone. It start to learn your distance and then recommends clubs as well. I have been extremely happy with this combination.

I have the galaxy watch and and golf pad GPS, if you want to use the functionality of the watch with the app it is 19.99 a year which is reasonable. I don't use the sensors in my clubs but you can chose what club you hit on the watch and it tracks the distance when you hit you hit your next shot and it keeps track of all of those averages for each club. With the sensors you can skip that step but i am looking at my watch for distances anyway so tapping the watch for the club is not a big deal for me, at least don't have to do it on the phone. It start to learn your distance and then recommends clubs as well. I have been extremely happy with this combination.

Yeah, sounds like that platform offers different options, guess I will try both watch, and phone tapping, and see which one I do better with. How many rounds have you scored with their system,..?? Looking for anything else / new,.. or you pretty happy with it,..??

Thanks.

Yeah, sounds like that platform offers different options, guess I will try both watch, and phone tapping, and see which one I do better with. How many rounds have you scored with their system,..?? Looking for anything else / new,.. or you pretty happy with it,..??

Thanks.

I have been using this app for at least 3 years so have tons of data. They are constantly improving the app. Like you used to not be able to select which club you used on your watch and only phone and that was annoying as they wanted people to buy the sensors but they listened to the complaints and fixed it. It also calculate in plays like distance based on slope/terrain and wind/weather for the day which can be helpful. I am very happy with the set up an no complaints all. The only time i really go into the phone app now is if i want to pull up the map of the course and then you can see all the hazards on the course and see some distance. That may be my only slight complaint is that the hazards aren't shown on the watch but it does give you some layup yardage.

In the past I experimented with Golf GPS and that was ok but like this app much better.

I finally bought a new Arccos 360 opened box on E-Bay at a fair price : US$125.00 . I will keep you informed on my initial experience with that system... Pairing, app's ease of use, etc..

Any watch suggestion to go woth the Arccos 360? I find the Arccos belt gismo too expensive for what it actually is and compared to so many decent smart watches...

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

That does sound like a good deal on the Arccos 360,... let us know how it goes for you.

Hi

I started to play with my Arccos 360.
Rather disappointed...

It sucks up lots of power that I could even finish a round...

The phone in my front pocket is a pain in the ...

Managing the app, takes me off my game.

The Link could be an option but I' d rather invest into a Samsung smartwatch with which I can monitor a bunch of activities ( pool, bike, walk...)

I am thinking about getting the Golf Pad sensors instead. So I would be fully compatible on the course without having a heavy smartphone in my front pocket.

So my Arccos 360 set is for sale...

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Back