Smells - Favorite / Least Favorite

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
One of my favorite smells is bacon cooking. Reminds me of my dad cooking breakfast on Sunday mornings. Least favorite is broccoli. If my wife makes it, I literally have to leave the house.
What are yours?

Love the smell of bacon, hate the smells after taco night! 🤣

Coffee is one of my favorite smells. Probably because I get out of bed around 5 and cherish my alone time with coffee in the morning.

smoky barbeque / poop

The best smell is the air in Hawaii. Salt water and flowers. It's perfection.

The worst smell is day old ketchup.

For me there is no better smell than the smell of bacon.

Waiting for my smell to come back, rona gave me that piece of joy.

Hard to pick favorite between fresh ground coffee or fresh bread baking.

Worst has to be dog poop, esp when picking up a fresh large one when they're having issues.

I love walking in the house after work when a pot roast has been in the crock pot all day.

Obviously any kind of poop smells are hated. But the smell of Krystal burgers makes me want to gag.

My smoker going is my favorite 😍

curry anything is my least favorite 😷

Lots of good smells, but one absolutely disgusting one: microwave buttered popcorn. :sick:

Favourite:
- bacon
- cinnamon rolls
- fresh bread

Least Favourite:
- burning rubber
- skunk spray
- body odour

New tennis ball.

That fresh cut grass after the first mow of the year is pretty spectacular.

Bacon is the Best smell ever!!
I absolutely hate the smell of Black Licorice (Anise). The smell makes me want to puke.
When I used to bartend I had to hold the bottle at arms length when pouring shots.

Cigars are my favorite smell. Reminds me of being a kid and sitting in the cheap seats at Dodger stadium with my favorite uncles.

I can’t really think of a least favorite smell at the moment.

Favorites are: fresh garlic, chocolate, Christmas tree, wine and fresh ground coffee

Leasts: the spray they are pitting on fields today....it smells like human waste. And curry, the smell makes me nauseous

Lots of good smells, but one absolutely disgusting one: microwave buttered popcorn. :sick:
Related, burnt popcorn smell is the devil’s work.

Love the smell of fresh bread

Hate the smell of cinnamon, like candles and stuff. It gives me a headache.

I like the smell of most foods being grilled out of doors. Fresh baked sour dough bread is pretty special too..

As for a smell I don't care for, that would probably be brussel sprouts. Hate their cooking smell, but love eating them.

My worst smell, that makes me seek protection from it, is cigarette smoke

I love my yard, The fresh cut grass, sometimes when i am mowing the smells of the different areas and i head around, the rosemary, the different flowering bushes. Lavender, Viburnums, Tea Olives....we love to do stuff for pollinators and bring in the Butterflies, bees and hummingbirds

I hate the smell of bananas, don't know why.

I love the smell of wood smoke, especially when it's coming from the smoker while cooking the Thanksgiving turkey.

Like:
Fresh baked bread
Coffee
Grilled Meats and Bacon
Fresh Basil
Citrus trees flowering

My freezer lost power for a week and didn't notice until that smell. Lots of meat ooze and that was not pleasant to clean.

Worst has to be dog poop, esp when picking up a fresh large one when they're having issues.
I was struggling with a worse, but coming home when our dog has had diarrhea and couldn't hold it and the entire house has that smell is really bad.

Back