Smells - Favorite / Least Favorite

Another fantastic smell is the smell that hits you when you walk into a pizza place.

A bad smell is a Bradford Pear tree in bloom 🤢

I forgot, but worst smell was when I was 16. Returned home from a catfishing trip and forgot to pull a bucket of chicken livers out of my little bait cooler. It sat in the garage a few weeks that summer. Opening that cooler still haunts my dreams.

Favorite smells:
fresh cut wood in the shop
opening a new can of tennis balls

Least favorite:
sauerkraut
dog poop

Favorite smells:
Coffee brewing
Bacon cooking
My smoker cooking ribs or pulled pork
Burgers on a charcoal grill
Jasmine blossoms in the evening after a warm day

Least favorite:
One that hopefully not many people have had to smell, but a decomposing body is the absolute worst. You never forget that smell.

Favorite:
fresh cut lumber
fresh cut grass
smokers when cooking

Dislike the most
Eggs-i tried to pay my wife not to cook eggs in the house ever again lol

I forgot, but worst smell was when I was 16. Returned home from a catfishing trip and forgot to pull a bucket of chicken livers out of my little bait cooler. It sat in the garage a few weeks that summer. Opening that cooler still haunts my dreams.
I'm guessing you just cut your losses, chunk it, and go get a new one.

Favorite:
Coffee
Fresh Cut Grass
Spring

Most hated:
Dirty diaper (5 years running :rolleyes:)
Skunk

Like:
The first couple sniffs of gasoline fumes
The smell after just lighting a match
Fresh cut grass and lumber

Dislike:
Microwaved leftover fish for lunch
This time of year, when all the farms fertilize

The "new house" and "new car" smell
A newly opened deck of cards

Dislikes:
The one-stall work bathroom
New Orleans late at night

There are so many great smells... and some absolutely horrific... These are at the top of my lists.

Favourites:
- Outside just after it starts raining
- Fresh cut grass
- Coffee brewing in a percolator while camping

Dislikes:
- Cooking hamburger on the stove
- Decaying human flesh
- Certain illegal drugs being smoked

Best: Coffee, Bacon

Worst: necrotizing fasciitis

Favorites: Newborn babies, fresh money, a thunderstorm on a hot Summer day, diesel fuel at 2 AM, a tractor-trailer full of cantaloupes, strippers-IYKYK
Worst: garbage trucks/septic tank trucks on a hot Summer day, a bottle full of milk you find after a month, fish guts, my wife’s Lhasa Apso’s breath:sick:

Favorite - A good steak grilling on the bbq

Worst - Brussel Sprouts cooking of any style

Favorite has to be bacon cooking.

Least favorite is the smell of literally boiling the p!ss out of kidney for kidney stew.

Favorites: Newborn babies, fresh money, a thunderstorm on a hot Summer day, diesel fuel at 2 AM, a tractor-trailer full of cantaloupes, strippers-IYKYK
Worst: garbage trucks/septic tank trucks on a hot Summer day, a bottle full of milk you find after a month, fish guts, my wife’s Lhasa Apso’s breath:sick:
That vanilla or whatever bodyspray SHEEESH

I'll add deviled eggs to the 'least favorite' list. Vile.

Best
Indoors: Bacon or Turkey. But NOT Turkey bacon.
Outdoors: Lilac

Worst
Indoors: When a field mouse finds his way in and the little bast**d ends up dying in the wall of the house somewhere and can't be located.

Outdoors: driving down a street in late July, and passing by a home with 2 day old (damp) cut grass clippings clumped up in the lawn along with a dead skunk of the same vintage that's been baking in the sun, on hot pavement, all bloated and foul...

Bacon is pretty hard to beat but wood smoked bbq of any kind is pretty good.

Worst has to be dead carcass of just about anything especially when you can't find it... had a rabbit that died in some bushes just outside the front windows a few years ago. That was pretty bad. The worst was a tiny little bird that had flown into the patio door at my parents house. I found it the next day after it had cooked in the sun. Seemed harmless, when I picked it up and the rotten underneath wafted up to my nose, I about fell over... it may have stunted my growth...

Walking into a bakery/doughnut shop...mmm

The nasties have mostly been covered.

A favorite.....the desert after a rain.

Back