Dunce Cap For A Bit
Reaction score
Handicap
After last night....

Cobra 4h (older-FlyZ?) stock stiff shaft

GBB Alpha 816 3+W

That’s it.

I will solve that problem soon though.

Learn to hit all the shots with those two and you will be impossible to be in a 2 club challenge!

Well, there ain't much in there is there?

After last night....

Cobra 4h (older-FlyZ?) stock stiff shaft

GBB Alpha 816 3+W

That’s it.

I will solve that problem soon though.

Good starting point, curious to see where you go with the rest of the setup

Good starting point, curious to see where you go with the rest of the setup

I am too, lol. IF I actually get my stimulus check I will likely get a set of MP18’s. My son plays these and I hit them very well.

Although I’m still toying with a set of Sub70 699’s. Good lord are those long. Probably too long for most of the courses I play but I’ve hit that 7i dead at my aimpoint every time I’ve swung it.

Decisions decisions.

If I played tomorrow I’d be using an F8+ with a Px Yellow 76g 6.5, which is why the TEE driver was in in my bag, that’s too much shaft for me. I was going to swap that TEE shaft into the F8+, but I have 3-4 other options in 6.0ish in the 60g class.

Irons I would throw in an Epic 4i (huge distance difference between it and and the set I’d be putting in) Razr X-Forged 4-PW with Px LZ 6.0’s. I need to have lies checked and adjusted to standard as they’re a degree or two upright. I forgot I kept my Vapor Speed GW as that has turned into a huge weapon for me.

I have a TM RAC TP 56*. I only use this from sand or extremely short sided. I can hit every wedge shot needed with it. I just use the GW 99% of the time.

Oh yeah, I have a Mizzy/Betti blade putter of indeterminate age still in my bag. I changed my putting grip and it helped speed control, but the 3.0 on the CT was too small for my big mitts. That has a 5.0 on it. Which I HATED until I changed my grip.

So I guess that’s my gypsy bag from hell setup for now.

Will be interesting to see which road this bag takes!

It’ll be interesting if I get a stimulus check, lol.

I’m not real comfortable with those irons. I’ll see how they play once at standard Lie Angle. I may be pleasantly surprised. I know I’ll lose a club in distance but that’s ok, I seldom hit more than 6-7i in a round unless going for a par 5 or I’ve hit a horrible tee shot.

Otherwise the above described set is probably in the bag until I sell my house. Going to try to get it up the last week of April, first week of May. All the blooming everything in my back yard then will make it smell like Nirvana. Should net me a decent cars value more if I do it then.

Back