Smiter Holiday Giveaway 7pmEST Monday

Ooh, and it's kinda the only one that's not flipped up at the bottom.....hard ponder!

Try to hard to hide something, lol. Nah, it was probably just curled under from all the tears, lol.

Try to hard to hide something, lol. Nah, it was probably just curled under from all the tears, lol.
Definitely of happiness, right?!

Also can I ask why pick a number if he went Nike irons and then doesn't get the irons, only what's behind the number. That's where I'm confused at the moment. Doesn't stop this from being awesome though!

He gets my entire bag for his bro. Outside of hybrid, my non CT putter, and my current 3+w (which I think is older than the 3w I’m sending?). Never send someone beginning the game a 12* 3w or a 15* hybrid. They will hate you.

And I get to start 2021 with a new set of irons, or at least I’m going to quite being a wimp and attempt to hit some MB’s again. I’ve played well enough lately that this went from ponder to “if I just get rid of the other, I’ll have to revert back to them”.

Expect UPS to be delivering me some Mizuno love in a week or two, hell might even go Sub70. I don’t need their length but damn are they fun to hit.

#3 would disagree with you, lol.
It was a guess at perhaps some very generous trickery on your part.

But hey, sometimes you miss things when you need to skip 5 pages of posts to catch up after arriving late to the party ;)

If shipping wasn’t so much I might mess with him, lol!
HAHA! You have MORE 68* wedges?! I can't ever remember seeing any other 68* wedge in the first place!

If he's got a whole bag of 68* wedges.... HAHA!

Yeah, like I don’t. You saw my basement. That’s the “good club” room.

The garage is the “bad! bad!” Club room.

Yeah, like I don’t. You saw my basement. That’s the “good club” room.

The garage is the “bad! bad!” Club room.
So by my math, that means there's probably a Seventy-Something wedge in there too!

I’m shocked the circle T wasn’t taken, like beyond shocked.

Didn’t have to be and no he had no clue on that one. I might have hinted that we’d put together his brother a bag. But I took that off the table. But then I realized that damnit, he was being selfless (and possibly a lefty?) by going for it for his bro. And it wasn’t currently in my bag. I’ve enjoyed it. Now it’s time for someone else to enjoy it.

This was a lot of fun @Smiter !

That should be priceless :) Are you gonna wait until you have it all in-hand?
He know's that he's won some great clubs and the amazing generosity of @Smiter, but he doesn't know WHAT he won! So yes, I'm waiting until it's here to break it all to him! Although I've told him to join THP and then he could just see for himself!

Definitely of happiness, right?!

Hell yes! I’m 0-10 years from moving into your neck of the woods. I won’t need golf clubs unless defending my garden from a moose where I’m heading. I can do that with any old 68* wedge, it doesn’t have to be the Carbite (lol!).

When I do play once in that neck of the woods, I’ll just rent clubs. I realize they’ll probably suck but playing a wide variety of equipment has taught me that it’s more Indian than arrow. I’ve gone under par with loaners and over 100 with 6 grand worth of clubs in the bag.

The end of the day it comes down to hitting greens and short game. Sure in my longer days I drove right over some par 4’s and made par. Long in these parts usually sucks.

Now I don’t even try, I just leave it 80 short and try to wedge me into birdie range. Score about the same either way, until you count the penalties I’ll accrue when bomb and gouging. Or my version of it anymore, we’ll call it lobbing a grenade and prayer. Anyways.

I now have an excuse. I’m gonna give the MB’s every chance to get back in the bag. I generally like the performance of them but it’s more “aim small, miss small” on striking. And I’ll be giving up a club’ish on distance. Which isn’t necessary when the longest course I play regularly is 6600 yards from the tips. All but one of the 4’s that I regularly play IF I hit a good drive it’s a wedge anyways.

Otherwise I’ll find a gently used set of MP18’s. I know I love them. They’re still a club’ish shorter than GI stuff but they feel so much better and it’s so much easier to flight and work them.

Or maybe I’ll go full @OldandStiff and just try one of everything, although post divorce there is a finite limit on resources so I’ll go standard LLL on a set of MP18’s. I know I love them. But I’ll give the old lead taped up set of X-Forged a shot first. Pretty sure they’ll be fine if I swing fine.

Didn’t have to be and no he had no clue on that one. I might have hinted that we’d put together his brother a bag. But I took that off the table. But then I realized that damnit, he was being selfless (and possibly a lefty?) by going for it for his bro. And it wasn’t currently in my bag. I’ve enjoyed it. Now it’s time for someone else to enjoy it.

hey. I resent that “lefty” comment.

Back