Smoke on the water

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.1
The wife and I went for a jet ski ride this weekend. But with all the smoke that blew in from the forest fires and the air quality turning "Hazardous", we only stayed out for an hour.
This is my wife making her "high speed" run. ;)

IMG_0368.jpg

The smoke is killing everything here too. I didn't get any golf in last week, and this week is starting the same, just so much smoke you don't want to go outside for long. Hopefully will clear up enough in the next day or two to get out of the house a bit more.

Here I clicked on the thread expecting something from Deep Purple ;)

It's impacting everything down here as well. My history of asthma makes it more difficult and my outdoor activities have been hindered. Doesn't look like it's going to be getting better for awhile.

And this is the lowest it has been in a few days. Saturday it was over 400..

1600186015097.png

Smoke, smoke, smoke.....smoke, smoke, smoke, smoke,....smoke, smoke, smoke.....smoke, smoke.....:cool:

No idea how you guys can stand it. I hate it half a continent away. Eyes burn. Skin itches. Yuck. (n)

That looks fun but can't be to much fun breathing all the smokey air.

Air Quality sucks out here in SoNev. I am still going out in it, just not staying out very long.

I have developed an allergy like cough. Might be smoke related.

2020 has been a really screwed up year. Worst I can remember. Can't wait for 2022.

We are still in the "Very Unhealthy" range of our air quality.
Will this damn 2020 never end ?

I can’t imagine what you guys out west are going through. Here in NC Ohio, there hasn’t been a cloud in the sky this week yet you can look directly at the sun all day.

Stay safe y’all. If it gets this far, it just isn’t good.

I can’t imagine what you guys out west are going through. Here in NC Ohio, there hasn’t been a cloud in the sky this week yet you can look directly at the sun all day.

Stay safe y’all. If it gets this far, it just isn’t good.

I live in NE Ohio, and noticed the "filtered" sunlight last week. The sun was out, shadows were cast, but they weren't really sharp and distinct. The weatherman that night pointed out that it was haze from the fires out in California! We had a cold front move through late last week and it pushed that stuff out of here. The sky has been crystal every day and night since.

I live in NE Ohio, and noticed the "filtered" sunlight last week. The sun was out, shadows were cast, but they weren't really sharp and distinct. The weatherman that night pointed out that it was haze from the fires out in California! We had a cold front move through late last week and it pushed that stuff out of here. The sky has been crystal every day and night since.

I’ve been cooking caveman (don’t ask, but meat/fire) so last night I noticed that. Nice little 1/8th moon or so, just a sliver. But very clear.

Back