Sneakers! That's all they are!

gabuzo

Reaction score
Handicap
Some of the Big name Golf shoe manufacturers are charging an arm and a leg for nothing more than a sneaker! You know the ones..., Del Mar, Street, Streewear. Ecco etc.. Heck I'm going to go to my local Foot locker and get a nice pair of turf shoes for half the price! What do you think!

I think the casual shoes still create more friction with the ground than regular sneakers. They just don't have spikes. They are meant to be comfortable but still functional.

When my oldest son asked to purchase a pair of Jordans years ago, we agreed to spilt the cost. At that time they were $110. He got the shoes and once it sunk in on how much money he spent, he never did that again. Now he is much older, wiser and hangs on to his money. Now if I could just quit purchasing new clubs....

Freddie Couples looks so relaxed and stress free in the Ecco ad. Doesn't everyone want to be like Freddie?

I dont think sneaker companies put the R&D into the sole of their shoe to make it a golf shoe. These new sneaker-like shoes do. Not only from the sole point of view, but protection from toe turnover, among other things.

I think that's just fine if you'd like to go to Footlocker for some sneakers.

Tiger wears sneakers, so I do too.

Then don't buy them. Go play in your "sneakers" and let me know how you do.

I'd be afraid to wear them early am T time summers morning dew, playing out of steep bunkers (I'm in a lot of them) and just walking on the range. Have to have several pair to rotate like my golf shoes for the sweat factor. All in all, another gimmick, I'll stick with regular good quality golf shoes. Traditionalist at heart.

When my oldest son asked to purchase a pair of Jordans years ago, we agreed to spilt the cost. At that time they were $110. He got the shoes and once it sunk in on how much money he spent, he never did that again. Now he is much older, wiser and hangs on to his money. Now if I could just quit purchasing new clubs....
Spending money on Jordans is a great idea. I'm being serious. But I think you could play in turf shoes and be fine. Honestly, I have taken a few swings in my dad's Eccos, and they didn't seem to grip any different than the some of my turf shoes I had for football.

Coolbreeze wears sneakers, so I do too.

But really there super comfy, I don't know why people wouldn't like them. I got a pair of the Nikes and i have no problem with grip at all

I wear sneakers to play when I go from work to the course and haven't found any difference between them and golf shoes. and a good pair of running shoes are alot more comfortable when walking 18

I've got a pair of Timberline "walking" sneakers that have a nice nubby sole. I think they'd be perfect on a golf course. I've looked at the Ecco's and agree with the original poster that it is basically a sneaker with an elevated price tag. Just my opinion of course.

I play in loafers

I don't know. Wouldn't sneakers get soaked in wet conditions or dew? I don't like wet feet.

I did yesterday and did just fine 82!

I'm sure I could score the same in almost any shoe, but that's not the point. Golf shoes give added traction and keep your feet dry.

Just to be clear, I don't care what anybody wears to golf. I'd rather have golf shoes, but I golf with people who don't have them or want them. The real issue is that you're saying they are just sneakers when they aren't. Sneakers don't have cleats (regardless of the size) and they aren't waterproof.

Yes and no...I have worn Nike tennis 'sneakers' for years when it is really dry or in the summer. They are comfy and easy to play in. But they don't have any where near the traction or stability of the 'street' shoes companies are putting out.
Nothing wrong with paying for shoes you want on your feet, it's all an individual choice.

For me the shoes make a huge difference. I can't golf in Nike Air Max golf shoes or tennis shoes... but put me in a pair of Crocs or Callaway's and I'm good to go!

And today's deal @ $99.00 a great price for the Street Premiere from ECCO.

And today's deal @ $99.00 a great price for the Street Premiere from ECCO.

Great deal here! I've never worn an ECCO shoe, but may have to give these a try.

Tap,Tap,Tap

well, I think some people have missed the point a little bit. In the OP he said he was looking at turf shoes...those will hold up to weather, be comfy, and have traction. To me, its a personal preference. I enjoy putting on a pair of golf shoes....but, the guy shouldnt catch hell for his question or comments

I prefer flip flops

I play in Merrel loafers.

Back