Snickerdog's Adventure to the Grandaddy

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just wanted to share a few things so everyone can say yep that's the crazy dog guy.
I never picked up a golf club until I was in my early 20's in the Marine Corps. My roommate was always playing and invited me along one day and that is what got my start. I still have the ball from the first birdie I ever made!!!
I played on and off for about the next ten years until I got out and ventured down a different path in life.
I got back into it about 8 years ago when a friend kept bugging me to play, (Thanks Shawn for that) and have been hooked again every since that day.

I found THP when I was looking for info on clubs and this site kept popping up every time I would do a search so I figured this must be a pretty good place. Read some reviews and decided to join up.
First THP event was in August of of 2016, The Cleveland Short Game Shootout. What a time that was!!!

I remember following along with the forum and The Grandaddy, how cool is this. From that point on it became a dream for me to one day go. Fast forward to this year and its contest time, here we go!! Maybe I can get lucky and snag a spot. I got my spot with the Team from the Truvis ball contest. I remember @2BFAST calling me, I was like why is this knucklehead calling me at work!!! All he kept saying was man your going to the Grandaddy over and over. I was floored, run back into office and check forum. WOW I'm going to the Grandaddy!!! Go back outside and scream and try to clam down. I am super excited to enjoy this experience to its fullest.

I am an office manager for a privately owned grain elevator and have been with the company for going on 14 years.
I am a pretty easy going laid back person. My kids are grown and on there own but I really enjoy time with them and the grandchildren.

I hope that I can represent THP in the best possible way while on this adventure and hope everyone enjoys this team as much as I am.

Great post Snickerdog! I’m feeling magnanimous today so I won’t make any marine jokes (as a former member of the USAF I feel it’s my duty to support my brothers in arms, even if they are marines).

It’s great to see these posts and see the entire team taking this event to heart!

First off thank you for your service. Marines have my respect!

The best part of this journey is you get to make it your own. Others have done it and provide a blueprint, but if you take a step back and ask yourself what do you wan out of this, it will be that much better and the forum will benefit.

Great intro post. We are ready for you to take us along for the ride!

Glad to hear how everything started, and happy to be a teammate. Looking forward to the journey ahead.

Great post Snickerdog! I’m feeling magnanimous today so I won’t make any marine jokes (as a former member of the USAF I feel it’s my duty to support my brothers in arms, even if they are marines).

It’s great to see these posts and see the entire team taking this event to heart!

You guys had the best duty stations!!!! Ours, not so much sometimes. Semper Fi brother.

Let see, you have stoke for the game. you help make new users of this site feel welcome. I think you're already doing a great job of representing THP. I doubt you'll have a hard time having fun.

Enjoy!

Here is how it went that day.....

I refresh my page and see the infamous "Congrats - You are headed to the Grandaddy" thread. I open it up and Snickerdog was it. I instantly pick up my phone and call Dave. He answers with a stern "Yeah whats up?" Like im bothering him or something....

Me - "dude your going to the Grandaddy"
Dave - "Whatever man"
Me - "dude, your going to the MF Grandaddy"
Dave - "dude, don't do that that's not funny"
Me - "God damn it Dave your going to the MF Grandaddy!"
.....pause then I hear frantic typing
Dave - "Oh my F god...."
......then I hear repid foot steps and a door creek open and Dave just starts yelling. Couldn't tell what he said because he was yelling so loud I couldn't make it out
Dave -........."Sh*t, my boss seen me yelling and is looking at me like im a lunatic"
Me - "haha, I cant imagine"
Dave "Man, oh man I cant believe it" "I gotta calm down, im having a hard time breathing"
Me - "Dude, don't croak on me. If your going to croak at least wait till we get off the phone and so I can take your place"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly how it went down. I was pumped, not a day I will forget ever.

Here is how it went that day.....

I refresh my page and see the infamous "Congrats - You are headed to the Grandaddy" thread. I open it up and Snickerdog was it. I instantly pick up my phone and call Dave. He answers with a stern "Yeah whats up?" Like im bothering him or something....

Me - "dude your going to the Grandaddy"
Dave - "Whatever man"
Me - "dude, your going to the MF Grandaddy"
Dave - "dude, don't do that that's not funny"
Me - "God damn it Dave your going to the MF Grandaddy!"
.....pause then I hear frantic typing
Dave - "Oh my F god...."
......then I hear repid foot steps and a door creek open and Dave just starts yelling. Couldn't tell what he said because he was yelling so loud I couldn't make it out
Dave -........."Sh*t, my boss seen me yelling and is looking at me like im a lunatic"
Me - "haha, I cant imagine"
Dave "Man, oh man I cant believe it" "I gotta calm down, im having a hard time breathing"
Me - "Dude, don't croak on me. If your going to croak at least wait till we get off the phone and so I can take your place"

It's good to know you've got friends that will fill your obligations if needed. :laughing:

It's good to know you've got friends that will fill your obligations if needed. :laughing:

Ya if he send me cookies or something I'm not eating them!!! :alien:

Let see, you have stoke for the game. you help make new users of this site feel welcome. I think you're already doing a great job of representing THP. I doubt you'll have a hard time having fun.

Enjoy!

I'm glad you feel welcomed, this is a great place. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

You're gonna do great Dave! Enjoy the ride. I think this one might top the Shortgame Shootout....just by a little LOL. But I agree that event was a great time!

Awesome first post David. I’ll echo MikeG, make it your own and post whatever is on your mind. Looking forward to following along and hanging out come December!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy the ride snickerdog it is going to be great and i look forward to following your journey!

I can't express how happy I am that you're going to GD. You've always been so helpful and encouraging to me as a new golfer. Hit'me long and straight.

I can't express how happy I am that you're going to GD. You've always been so helpful and encouraging to me as a new golfer. Hit'me long and straight.

Thank you very much. Going to do my best.

My dude Dave! I hope we get a few more rounds in before December. So pumped for you!!!

Congrats snickerdog! You are going to kill. it!

Congrats! BUT I’m not really sure I even know what this is your talking about. Could I get an explanation on all the excitement

I’ll be excited to follow your journey. Short game and putting my man. That’s the name of the game.

I’ll be excited to follow your journey. Short game and putting my man. That’s the name of the game.

I have a course close to work that has some pretty fast green so hoping I get there and practice on the putting green at least once or twice a week.

This will certainly be a fun follow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back