Snickerdog's Adventure to the Grandaddy

You might have mentioned this in the Grandaddy thread, but have you always been a blade putter guy? How open are you to using other styles of putters during the fitting?

It seems like the guys at Callaway do take inherent likes/dislikes into consideration - I imagine it's because you have to feel confident/comfortable over the ball.

You might have mentioned this in the Grandaddy thread, but have you always been a blade putter guy? How open are you to using other styles of putters during the fitting?

It seems like the guys at Callaway do take inherent likes/dislikes into consideration - I imagine it's because you have to feel confident/comfortable over the ball.

I have never used anything but a blade in all my golfing years.
As far as trying other putters, yes I am open to it. Putters are very wide ranging for sure, but I also think one of the most important things for putting is you HAVE to be comfortable with what you have in your hands.
It has to feel good/comfortable
If you don't like what you are looking down at, you won't putt well with it.
It has to have the right weight for you, if not you won't have the comfort level with it.

I putted well when I have my Scotty Newport, and was confident with it. I am putting even better with the Toulon Columbus.

There are a few design/shapes that I like and will hopefully try..Others are just meh to me.
It is definitely something I am looking forward to in the putter fitting.

Was able to get out for a round after work today. Upper 50's temp and 20 mph winds, but hey it's mid November and we are playing golf.
Went 42/39=81 with 31 putts.
The swings is steady with the driver, small draws or straight and I am fine with that. The irons where better today and distances are dialed in.
Where I am happy is with my short game around the greens, and my putter. If I can get on a practice green and the speed of the practice green is the same as the course greens, then I am confident I can putt on anything. Sometimes a break will catch me off guard, but can usually make the comeback putt.
Overall ready for Cali and will likely only have maybe 3 more rounds I can play before our trip.

Was able to get out this morning and play. First time I have played consecutive days in over 2 months. Had kind of a rough start as I bogeyed the first 7 holes, flipped the switch and shot par on the next 7, finished the last 4 holes bogey, birdie, bogey par. Very lopsided round for me. 43-37=80

Was nice to get out and play and keep the swing grooved for the event. Looking forward to all this event entails and what it means to be joining a select group of THPers who have made the journey.

Man, can't believe how close the event is now. Exciting stuff!

Man, can't believe how close the event is now. Exciting stuff!

It is amazing how time has flown by for the most part. The journey to this point has been amazing.

Was able to get out this morning and play. First time I have played consecutive days in over 2 months. Had kind of a rough start as I bogeyed the first 7 holes, flipped the switch and shot par on the next 7, finished the last 4 holes bogey, birdie, bogey par. Very lopsided round for me. 43-37=80

Was nice to get out and play and keep the swing grooved for the event. Looking forward to all this event entails and what it means to be joining a select group of THPers who have made the journey.

it’s getting harder to get out on a consistent basis but should be an ok week coming up. Keep it up!

It is amazing how time has flown by for the most part. The journey to this point has been amazing.

When were you picked for the team?

Getting close buddy! Keep up the practice & you will do great (y)

Took a day off from work and getting ready to go head out to play. This will be a course with lots of water and bunkers. The plan is to play match play against the other two guys letting them play best ball. One is similar HC to me and the other is about a 10 so it should be pretty interesting.

Took a day off from work and getting ready to go head out to play. This will be a course with lots of water and bunkers. The plan is to play match play against the other two guys letting them play best ball. One is similar HC to me and the other is about a 10 so it should be pretty interesting.
That's good prep right there (y) Hit'em well

You have done great prep! Your playful "trash talk" is an art form. You have a solid game. You are mentally prepared and looking for more. You are even giving yourself tough competition testing. I think you are at milk and cookies mode, ready for action!

And I’m ready to learn about your new bag of clubs!

Last edited:

Remember, course management and just swing. Try not to over think anything.

So we got out to play this morning. We did match play on both nines. I managed to go even playing two on one.
Shot 40/42=82. I did do something to day that I haven’t done and managed to 14/14 FIR!! Hit 11/18 GIR. It was the putter that let me down today, 36 putts with two 3 putts. Overall happy with my play and feel comfortable heading to Cali to play with the Zoo Crew. More importantly I feel my swing is settled and should be great for the fitting

So we got out to play this morning. We did match play on both nines. I managed to go even playing two on one.
Shot 40/42=82. I did do something to day that I haven’t done and managed to 14/14 FIR!! Hit 11/18 GIR. It was the putter that let me down today, 36 putts with two 3 putts. Overall happy with my play and feel comfortable heading to Cali to play with the Zoo Crew. More importantly I feel my swing is settled and should be great for the fitting
Damn man. That is a solid ball striking day! Wow.

Zoo crew may be shaking in their boots!

Got out today for my last round before the Grandaddy. Definitely wasn't the best round, but had a great time with friends.
Overall I think I am as ready as I could ever be for an event such as this.

Got out today for my last round before the Grandaddy. Definitely wasn't the best round, but had a great time with friends.
Overall I think I am as ready as I could ever be for an event such as this.
I'm still a bit sad that I had to bail out on our round...would have been really cool to tee it up one last time before you experience the greatest amateur event ever created!

Well there is not much else I can do at this point except make sure I make my flight to California. I am feeling good about where my game is even not having played in 10 days.
I would like to thank THP and Callaway for making this adventure so much fun and I look forward to representing both as best I can.
@JB and @GolferGal thank you for allowing me this opportunity to represent THP.
I am still humbled beyond what words can express. Thank you.

Back