So.... I bought a boat!

tomahawk18

Waiting for some sun!?
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.6
With all that my wife and I have been through over the past year, I figured a present to "us" was in order. My lovely wife has been wanting a boat for quite a while now and so finally I told her we should start looking. You see, I had been resisting the urge for some time since I have owned boats before and know what they can potentially cost. We started out looking at runabout and ski/wakeboard type boats. The runabouts quickly fell to the bottom as most don't have engines large enough to pull my big @ss out of the water. So we narrowed our search to ski/wakeboard boats. We started looking in Boat Trader, the Newspaper, and Craigslist etc. A couple of weeks ago we found a pretty nice boat. We took it out on the lake and test drove it, tomorrow we are having it inspected and if everything checks out, we will oficially be boat owners. The boat is a 1999 Tige 2100i. It looks similar to this boat, but the colors are white black and grey.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=fQw8Tr-fMqH50gGxxKy5Aw&ved=0CDMQ9QEwCA

Sweet boat! I think eventually my wife and I will end up getting one, either that or she's pretty big on the idea of getting a lake cabin so obviously with a cabin on the lake you pretty much need a boat so.... Have fun on this thing, you still have plenty of summer left, enjoy!

very cool! I used to love being on boats, now I have a semi-phobia of being on the water.

What a beauty!! That looks like a fun @$$ boat!!

Congrats - that is a good like Tige. OIB is a great site! I have a 2007 Malibu and when the lakes are not too low (like right now) the kids love the heck out of it!!

That's good stuff hawk! Love me a boat! lol

Pow! Now you need to treat yourselves to one more present and that's flying me out there to hang out on the boat and play golf!!!!

Congrats on the boat, thats a sweet looking one for sure. I love mine and can't ever see getting rid of it. I have a Ranger bass boat, not a ski boat, but I do ski with it on occasion. It's pretty addictive going to the lake and just soaking up the sun, beer and bikini babes, lol.

Pow! Now you need to treat yourselves to one more present and that's flying me out there to hang out on the boat and play golf!!!!

HAHA! Totally! Great plan TC.

That is awesome, congrats, I am really happy you were able to do this for you and your wife

I will post some real pics of the boat when we have it in our posession. It is pretty sweet! :mohawk:

HAHA! Totally! Great plan TC.

hahaha! I hope the boat checks out bro, and that you have a clean transaction. Tell the wife I said congrats.

T-pain going?

Very nice boat!

When I was fishing for a few years, I was always amazed at how well some guys could handle their boats. I love riding around in them, but not driving them or going in the water. No one wants to see me in the water.

Kevin

GOOD FOR YOU!! That's cool... I had a boat with 140 i/o for a while. The happiest days I had with it were the day I bought it and the day I sold it. Hope you have more fun than I did with it. I got tired of driving all the time and getting no wake board time! Became redundant to let everyone else ride but me.

Awesome boat.

Congratulations on the second happiest day of your life. (First happiest being, so they say, the day you sell said boat.) :)

Congrats on the new boat! My family as a whole has owned several over the years. We have a lake house so we put ours to use most weekends. We also have a pontoon which we use most of the time these days. Nothing better than boating/fishing outside of golf of course.

Nice!!

GOOD FOR YOU!! That's cool... I had a boat with 140 i/o for a while. The happiest days I had with it were the day I bought it and the day I sold it. Hope you have more fun than I did with it. I got tired of driving all the time and getting no wake board time! Became redundant to let everyone else ride but me.

Yeah, I hear ya. Although I don't mind that part as much as you seemed to. I will be playing as well!

Great looking boat. Congrats on the purchase

Tap tap taparoo

Awesome boat man, you are going to have a lot of fun on that. And if TC flys up here, then I'm coming down to play too.

Good for you buddy, and you are right, you and your wife deserve it. Great looking boat!

Yeah, I hear ya. Although I don't mind that part as much as you seemed to. I will be playing as well!

You may have better control over the kids in your family than I do... LOL

Back