So P. Reed's Lawyer threatens lawsuit...

And it will probably work. Who wants to go through the pain and expense of a lawsuit just to say you were right to call him a cheater? The world already thinks he is anyway.

shouldn't golf channel get Chamblee's back? or nbc as the parent? it seems like in these kinds of matters, the employer supports their journalist.

shouldn't golf channel get Chamblee's back? or nbc as the parent? it seems like in these kinds of matters, the employer supports their journalist.
I can see that it he is reporting news. At this point, it feels like he is just needling Reed. The news has been reported.

Could we do an old fashioned cage match between the 2..you know, 2 enter and only one exits? That way we all win!

How about 2 enter and no one exits?

If Chamblee continues to call Mr. Shovel.....Cheater. Good luck, proof is on video.
I thought Reed appreciated a good dig? :LOL:

Reed is a child and deserves every ounce of mocking and ridicule he gets.

Daft move. He's just igniting the whole discussion again and bringing attention back to it. This would all die a death if he left it alone now that tour golf has started again.

They should have his back but they appear to be total puppets of the PGA. The PGA hands them their talking points to control their image and everyone is a "tremendous gentlemen", thanks slugger.

I have seen the video just out of curiosity. All the video shows is the golfer broke a rule. Did he intentionally move the dirt, or did he do it without thinking about it, with his mind some wheres else. I don't know. Yeah, he broke a rule, paid for it, but did he intentionally cheat? I don't know. Only the golfer knows for sure. I do know the man has a past of misbehavior.

As for Chamblee, I am biased in as much as I never liked him. Like a lot of talking heads, he doesnt know when enough is enough. He is in my mind a disgrace in the use of his soap box. I do agree some what with his "catch me if you can" remark as it relates to pro golf. The incident is old news.The time to move on was quite a while back.

If Chamblee continues to report that the golfer cheated, without absolute proof the golfer intentionally cheated, he, and his network should prepare for litigation against their actions.

If Chamblee continues to report that the golfer cheated, without absolute proof the golfer intentionally cheated, he, and his network should prepare for litigation against their actions.

is he stating that reed cheated as if it is fact? or is he saying that from what he can tell, it appears that reed cheated? because the two seem to be very different.

Now it is guaranteed he’ll hear “cheater” plus “douchebag” on his backswing. Doubt we see him in Phoenix, they will ride him until his head explodes.

This was laughable. I don’t know how Reed can pile on more negative publicity onto himself but he is sure trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Reed's new sponsor:

YeastGard Homeopathic Douche

From what I read, he is calling Reed a cheater. Just my opinion.

Because Reed cheated. He isn’t referencing some old college hearsay, it’s recent and on video. Not sure Reed can refute that

I didn’t think I would ever be on Chamblee’s side on anything until now.

The truth is an affirmative defense in the case of a libel or slander claim

Didn’t Reed do something similar to Shane Ryan after the book “Slaying the Tiger” was published? Ryan insinuated Reed left UGA because of cheating as I recall. I guess it’s easier to keep threatening to sue people than it is to actually conduct yourself appropriately on the course.

The fact that this letter is out proves Reed cheated. If he just let it go then at least he can continue to feign ignorance
Wait, So if someone accuses you of cheating repeatedly and publicly your saying defending yourself is evidence of the cheating?
I am not saying he did or didn't but i fail to see the connection.

Wait, So if someone accuses you of cheating repeatedly and publicly your saying defending yourself is evidence of the cheating?
I am not saying he did or didn't but i fail to see the connection.

there is a difference between being accused of cheating or being a cheater with no evidence & being accused with video evidence.

Reed can’t refute the video evidence exists of him cheating. So the public shaming or discussion of his cheating doesn’t require said cheater to lawyer up. In this particular case he’s trying to kill the story because he knows he cheated imo.

Back