So P. Reed's Lawyer threatens lawsuit...

I don't know is there is a golfer I would like to disappear more at this moment than Reed. Just over his stuff man. Tired of it.

Another tick on the box for not liking Reed.

This has to be a PR move by Chamblee’s camp to get more people to like him.

Wait, So if someone accuses you of cheating repeatedly and publicly your saying defending yourself is evidence of the cheating?
I am not saying he did or didn't but i fail to see the connection.
Not surprised the Pats fan sees the gray in the situation and is giving the benefit of the doubt :eek::rolleyes:

Kidding aside guys this isn't up for debate. Reed has done the exact same thing previously and there is video evidence of that as well. If you have cheated previously you are a cheater. And that stain follows you forever. Think about mark McGwire.

Couldn’t he just start saying “IMO Reed is a cheater”? Don’t think you can get sued for your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing fishy about that first post.

200.gif

Once spectators are back on the course someone will yell “cheater” when Patrick tees off.......not, “in the hole”

Missed this one in January but Reed and Chamblee are two guys on an extremely short list that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. Reed earned the title (more than once) and Brandel is just being Brandel. Does whatever it takes to get that spotlight off the tour talent and focused on Brandel.

Last edited:
Gotcha.

I will say that I think Reed has a colorable claim here, but truth is a defense in a defamation claim like this. So Brandel might win. But the truth of this is that Reed is just trying to get Brandel to shut up.

And it will probably work. Who wants to go through the pain and expense of a lawsuit just to say you were right to call him a cheater? The world already thinks he is anyway.

I'm not familiar with the nuances of this type of law but if I were Chamblis, I'd change the "cheater" label to "questionable actions on the course", "tripping on the rules", or just Patrick "Hold my beer while I do something magical with the ball" Reed.

Either way, I'd say "it's my opinion" and not use the word "cheater." It's less expensive to live by using other terms than to spend a lot of money living by principle.

Defamation or free speech.........Brandle may have to prove that Reed knew exactly what he was doing and that he cheated. Remember, Reed was given a two shot penalty and was not disqualified for cheating.......Next it would have to be determined the punitive damages....Chamblee was already sent a cease and desist.

Reed and his lawyer are apparently unaware of the Streisand Effect 🙄

Gotcha.

I will say that I think Reed has a colorable claim here, but truth is a defense in a defamation claim like this. So Brandel might win. But the truth of this is that Reed is just trying to get Brandel to shut up.

And it will probably work. Who wants to go through the pain and expense of a lawsuit just to say you were right to call him a cheater? The world already thinks he is anyway.
Reed is a public figure so he has to prove actual malice by Chamblee. Chamblee has the truth and opinion defenses. Reed has no chance of winning and is an idiot for having his attorney send the letter

Reed is a public figure so he has to prove actual malice by Chamblee. Chamblee has the truth and opinion defenses. Reed has no chance of winning and is an idiot for having his attorney send the letter

No one every likes to be threatened with legal action but Chamblis was probably laughing with this one. Maybe the lawyer should have said Patrick will come in for an interview and you can hash it out with him Mano a Mano on Pay Per View

I actually like Reed the golfer. But Reed the person sure makes it hard to root for him

I actually like Reed the golfer. But Reed the person sure makes it hard to root for him

I never understand this viewpoint. I mean, Reed the player IS Reed the person. The reason he's hard to root for is that is personal "qualities" bleed over into the game just as everyone's qualities do. A thief off the course is a thief on the course. A cheater off the course is a cheater on the course.

I never understand this viewpoint. I mean, Reed the player IS Reed the person. The reason he's hard to root for is that is personal "qualities" bleed over into the game just as everyone's qualities do. A thief off the course is a thief on the course. A cheater off the course is a cheater on the course.

Watch it - you might get a letter...:eek:

Seems like some Patrick would do. My question is how was holding the Masters trophy on top of the Empire State Building with no one else cheering you on and happy for you . 😁

Reed I can take....He's made mistakes, as we all have....But Chamblee is an unobliterated Ass......

Back