Some Like It Hot - What's Your Favorite Temp To Play?

What's your ideal Temperature to tee it up in?

• 60 or below

• 60-65

• 65-70

• 70-75

• 75-80

• 80-85

• 85-90

• 90-95

• 95+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I went with the 75-80 numbers for a vote. .

Lower temps below 50 are fine too as long as there is no wind.

Will I play in 100+/- temps? Sure, not a problem. Around here, that's a pretty normal summer playing temp for 80-100 consectutive days.

I went with the 75-80 numbers for a vote. .

Lower temps below 50 are fine too as long as there is no wind.

Will I play in 100+/- temps? Sure, not a problem. Around here, that's a pretty normal summer playing temp for 80-100 consectutive days.
If we didn't play in 100+ temps out here, our summer layoffs would be almost as long as the guys' winter layoffs up north! :ROFLMAO:

I definitey fade in the heat. I'll take 78 degrees all year. I know a fellow who loves it really hot and I don't know how he stands it.

How about you?
70-75 for me. Its a temperature that is warm enough to be comfortable but not so warm that its hot.

70 to 75 for me. Shorts, but could wear slacks if it's a bit windy, yet warm enough where I don't need a jacket and I'm not going to sweat my arse off.

75-80 Warm enough to not get chilly in the shade or decent breeze. Cool enough not to fry in the bare sun.

70-75 just feels right to me. Add a breeze on the course and I’m a happy golfer!

You need an option for all. I love playing golf. I don't care how hot it is as long as I can play. My favorite days though are in the 50's with no wind.

70-75 is what I voted for as my ideal. But it sure doesn’t bother me to be in weather hotter or colder than that

Looks like the votes for 70-80 degrees are killing it so far!

Here in MN I'll take anything over 50. But if I had to choose a range in the poll it would be 75-80 warm but not too hot.

Low 70's if it's sunny, High 70's if it's overcast

Low 70's if it's sunny, High 70's if it's overcast
It definitely makes a difference. We've been experiencing temps around 45-48° when teeing off in the mornings - on sunny days it doesn't feel that bad. This morning it was cloudy and a little breezy, and it felt a lot colder without the sun shining on us - the "I can't feel my hands" kind of cold rather than just the more usual "chilly, not quite ready to take my jacket off yet" cold.

Looks like the votes for 70-80 degrees are killing it so far!

Yup, predictably I suppose but this was an interesting poll. More folks in the cooler ranges than the hotter ones. Thanks for the replies everyone.

In the cold it's all about the sun and the wind. I played my last round in December in the high 30s. The sun was out and there wasn't a breath of wind. It was surprisingly comfortable walking along.

Same temperature with clouds and a breeze and it's a whole other deal.

70-75 with no wind. Happens here about once every 2 years :)

I like it at 90-95*. Hot enough to keep the course open but not unbearable.

Picked 90 - 95 but thought about picking 95+. The hotter the better for me.

I don't my enjoy my golf shirts clinging to me, or having to wipe sweat from my hands and grips on every shot like I have to in the summers around here.

For me it's 50-75 degrees and let's play another 18! ;)

I don't my enjoy my golf shirts clinging to me, or having to wipe sweat from my hands and grips on every shot like I have to in the summers around here.

For me it's 50-75 degrees and let's play another 18! ;)

(y)

In really hot stuff, I will literally use 6 or more gloves in a round. I'm not real big but I sweat like mad.

Cool enough for pants, warm enough to not have to layer.

80-85 max flexibility for a senior!

70 -75 would be ideal.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Low 80s for me. I'd rather play in over 100 than less than 60 though.

70-75 for me, with a slight breeze. I don't mind a bit warmer, or a little cooler, but extreme temperatures are no fun at my age.

60-65 with sun. Perfect temperature for carrying your bag!

Back