Someone talk me out of this....(Club Face Off Time!)

Tevenor

2021 Grandaddy Alum / 2022 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
5ish
So some background. My first real set of irons that I absolutely loved was the Tommy Armour 845 SilverScots. Loved those things. Loved everything about them. Now maybe its the nostalgia talking, maybe its the current state of the world and me harking back to a simpler time when golf was pure and the world was simple, maybe its because I am going stir crazy being locked in the house with my wife and kids while trying to work remote. Maybe a little of all 3.

But, I found these and I am really REALLY tempted to buy them and put them through some comparison paces on a simulator against my T200's just to see where they stack up. For $100 bucks or so, can I say no?

Not sure what hte specs are on that tour shaft but I'd give it a swing out of the box and maybe even consider throw some cheap modern shafts into one of them just to see what the head would with a modern shaft.

Ok THP community. Talk me out of it. Please.

Last edited:
Approved.

Pull the trigger.

Sorry I'm not going to be any help because I have the 1 iron & absolutely love it & it has a permanent place in my bag. If something ever happened to it, I would be scouring the internet for another.

Approved.

Pull the trigger.
This. Rip it. Perfect time for a project and for that price...no reason not too :unsure:

I would love to see the numbers.

Iron to iron number and then a similar lofted long iron

I say go for it. I just found an old set when I cleaned out my garage and I’m curious what you’ll find.

Alan

What if I told you that I have a set of DG 120 s400 shafts that you can have to put in them?

Wtf else are you gonna do, learn to knit? Those irons were awesome.

I honestly think you should have bought them before you posted this. If I was a Richard, I would have already bought them and stole your idea out from under you. :p

Nothing wrong going nostalgic, go for it. Should be fun comparing these to current gamers to see how things have changed.

I had a knockoff set of these and they were great. But you are asking me to talk you out of it? I got nothing other than your current irons are really good.

You guys suck....

.......ordered.

You guys suck....

.......ordered.
NICE. I was really hoping that was you that got them.

Not that I was checking...

I mean, I was, but it was...

...for you. Or something.

NICE. I was really hoping that was you that got them.

Not that I was checking...

I mean, I was, but it was...

...for you. Or something.

The free shipping plus $15 credit on first order did it for me. Already compared lofts. They are almost exactly one club offset from T200's. Going to be some fun comparison with these.

The free shipping plus $15 credit on first order did it for me. Already compared lofts. They are almost exactly one club offset from T200's. Going to be some fun comparison with these.
Awesome. Let me know if you want the shafts, they are sitting in my garage. Have MCC +4 grips on them as well.

So some background. My first real set of irons that I absolutely loved was the Tommy Armour 845 SilverScots. Loved those things. Loved everything about them. Now maybe its the nostalgia talking, maybe its the current state of the world and me harking back to a simpler time when golf was pure and the world was simple, maybe its because I am going stir crazy being locked in the house with my wife and kids while trying to work remote. Maybe a little of all 3.

But, I found these and I am really REALLY tempted to buy them and put them through some comparison paces on a simulator against my T200's just to see where they stack up.

Not sure what hte specs are on that tour shaft but I'd give it a swing out of the box and maybe even consider throw some cheap modern shafts into one of them just to see what the head would with a modern shaft.

Ok THP community. Talk me out of it. Please.

Tommy Armour 845 are an iconic, proven winner iron design. You've made a good sense purchase !

I also have a set of X20 Tours sitting in my garage. 2i through PW. Hmmm.......

You've come onto THP to try and get people to talk you out of buying new things.....? Good luck with that :LOL::LOL:

So you came to a golf website full of tinkerers that love to buy new stuff to talk you out of a purchase?

Mistakes were made...

So you came to a golf website full of tinkerers that love to buy new stuff to talk you out of a purchase?

Mistakes were made...

I got page unavailable, you musta bought them

Go for it! the Head-to-head comp will be a ton of fun and you know a bunch of us will be following your posts.

Back