Something About You

I'm currently living permanently in my third country. Started in Kiwi land, then the UK now the States.
I'm also eligible for my third passport which is one of 2021's goals.
Fun fact: I've never had a passport.

Dude tons of things coming out that I didn’t know about you. 👍
When I moved to Tallahassee, it was either go to school or go to California and try to go pro. I chose poorly.

I have a twin brother. I'm the older one but only by 1 minute or so since my mom had a C-section.

Pole Vaulting put me through college. Never made it past 16'10".

Pro Gravity Bike honors after receiving 2nd place in World Cup in California. Never rode again.

My right index finger first joint was severed in a piece of farm machinery at the age of 8. Fingertip was hanging by a sliver of skin...will spare the gore. 40 stitches later part of it grew back but the fingernail grows crooked. Grandfather told me to stop crying on way to doctor...I did. Haha

A fellow vaulter? I never went above 13’9” but didn’t do it in college, just high school. Made the state meet my Junior season. Bulked up too much my senior year and couldn’t get comfortable with the 185# rated pole I had to use.

Coo!

Ok here we go. I met my wife on an online dating site, kind of. I had just moved back to Michigan after college & was horrible at the dating scene. I saw this girl who peaked my interest. Sent her a message & nothing. My younger sister said I have someone I want to introduce you to at work. I went up to Bath & Body Works and lone behold it was the same girl. The rest is history! I’ve been blissfully in love ever since!!!
This is such a good story. My wife was miss University of Miami, and thought that because friends with my college roommate’s girlfriend at the time, who was miss UF. We met at the beach and she said she didn’t date guys with tattoos or guys who were younger than her. We now have two kids...lol

This is such a good story. My wife was miss University of Miami, and thought that because friends with my college roommate’s girlfriend at the time, who was miss UF. We met at the beach and she said she didn’t date guys with tattoos or guys who were younger than her. We now have two kids...lol
Yes love it. We both swung for the fences!!!

A lot of people take a look and always think I had it easy growing up. My Dad wasn’t around much at all as a child and my Mom had a drug and alcohol problem.

When I was 14, my Mom lost my brother and I due to her addiction and my brother and I had to move it with our Dad’s. I didn’t see him much until I was back in Nashville.

Living with my Dad wasn’t a great experience as a high school boy. When I left for college and was able to be responsible for myself our relationship got better, but now has deteriorated to the point we don’t speak. I haven’t spoken to him since early this year and he still hasn’t met his grandson.

I guess this is a big reason I take so much pride in being a good father. I didn’t have great parents and I’ve had to work my ass off for everything. Nothing has ever really been easy except for being a good Dad and husband to my wife.

Probably more than anyone wanted to know about me, but I’m proud of what I’ve been through and the person I’ve become.

Fun fact:
I was adopted from Korea when I was a baby. I met my wife that was also adopted from Korea. We went back to Korea with our families and found out we were born a block apart in the same city a month after each other.
That's an amazing story, unbelievable odds. I shared that with my wife and she interrupted me as I got to the part where you both went back to Korea with your families, and said "Don't tell me she turned out to be his sister!". :ROFLMAO:

I married The Cute Little Red Haired Girl. I was dogsitting for my boss in suburban Pittsburgh because his daughter was getting married in NE Ohio. All of the Jersey relatives spent the night in Pittsburgh, parking me in in the process. I saw her across the room, our eyes met, and I damn near fell into them and drowned.

A lot of people take a look and always think I had it easy growing up. My Dad wasn’t around much at all as a child and my Mom had a drug and alcohol problem.

When I was 14, my Mom lost my brother and I due to her addiction and my brother and I had to move it with our Dad’s. I didn’t see him much until I was back in Nashville.

Living with my Dad wasn’t a great experience as a high school boy. When I left for college and was able to be responsible for myself our relationship got better, but now has deteriorated to the point we don’t speak. I haven’t spoken to him since early this year and he still hasn’t met his grandson.

I guess this is a big reason I take so much pride in being a good father. I didn’t have great parents and I’ve had to work my ass off for everything. Nothing has ever really been easy except for being a good Dad and husband to my wife.

Probably more than anyone wanted to know about me, but I’m proud of what I’ve been through and the person I’ve become.
You are going a fantastic job man. Keep it up.

When I was 14 years old I was mowing the lawn, I must have hit a large rock that I couldn’t see and it banged around the deck for quite a while and it sounded awful. I got off the mower(which was supposed to shut off the blade when getting off the seat, it didn’t.) I stepped off and my foot slid under the deck and a good portion of my big toe was removed from my body. The Docs reconstructed a good portion of it but it is not a pretty toe.

That should fill up the strange portion of the thread.:D
My uncle lost his entire big toe to a push mower. I'm not sure how old he was, but is guess around that age. He sure looks strange in sandals.

I was a good distance runner in high school. 4:40 mile and 9:40 2 mile. I was twice as fast as I am now...

I am likely the only forum member who holds qualification to drive a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.

For those who were tech geeks back in the day. I interned at MacWeek Magazine and still have issues that have my byline in them.

That's an amazing story, unbelievable odds. I shared that with my wife and she interrupted me as I got to the part where you both went back to Korea with your families, and said "Don't tell me she turned out to be his sister!". :ROFLMAO:
Haha. Thankfully no. Another crazy nuance about this is that we were having a tough time finding a good name for our daughter. We ended up picking Margot which means pearl and the name of the city we were both born means pearl!!! We had no idea til someone told us about it.

The taser ride is the longest 5 seconds of your life!
Yep, that was the worst of the bunch for me. I'd do a lot of things before doing that again! I had a calf cramp afterwards too...

I take it you also have the 'ride for 5' distinction?

Back