Something About You

For you and all my armed service member friends here, a heart felt thank you. Merry Christmas and either dinner or a round of golf is on me for anyone that’s served and wants to tee it up with me.

That’s a lifetime offer.
What about kids of? My former stepdad was Navy when I was younger. Interesting fact, I was having Thanksgiving aboard his submarine when the famous Pittsburgh coin flip error occurred.

I personally pursued a life of service to humanity as a individual and physician.

healing and saving lives was my mission and has been the best part of my job.

I’ve stared into the barrel of a gun on five occasions.

Been there twice. Neither situation is up for discussion.

I did not defacate but I do NOT enjoy those human interaction. The one I still have the gun from 25 years ago or so. I thought he was being a tough guy until I drove out of sight from him and realized there was one chambered and the safety was off. A light pull while his dumba** was pulling and u was done.
What about kids of? My former stepdad was Navy when I was younger. Interesting fact, I was having Thanksgiving aboard his submarine when the famous Pittsburgh coin flip error occurred.

Sure! Why not? You’re out this way and we’ll play a round. Just let me know.

wait what?! Who did you play for and when?!

Did we ever discuss this?!
Maybe, it was just a local club team here in Nebraska, we played in the US Roller Sports leagues in puck and ball, made regionals almost every year and was lucky enough to make it to nationals some times and win a few, was an amazing experience to travel with the team and families.

For most of it we were called the Lincoln Thunder, towards the end we had a few sponsors, even Hooters one year, a great set of orange and brown jerseys, wish I still had those, got lost in a move!

Great thread and lots of interesting information. Been trying to think what to share. Let's see, I dropped out of High School. Have previously spent a bit of time homeless. I have ridden across country on a greyhound bus, twice. I play several instruments and have played music for a living at one point in time. I would love to get back to playing music out again when things get better again. I'm trying to grow a beard.

Seeing Kev'd bring thrown adding cracks me up every time :ROFLMAO:.

Lucky, never been through Ohio I guess. 🤣
Oh, I've been through Ohio many times. I've also been through Rocky Gap, VA and numerous other "bear traps". I didn't say that I wasn't deserving of a speeding ticket, just that I had never received one, or even a warning for that matter.:rolleyes:

I've personally driven over 100mph, however, the fear of getting caught doing it petrified me - so every time I crossed that threshold I flat out couldn't convince myself to go faster.
While I've never tested the theory personally, they say that every 10 MPH above 100 is exponentially faster than the previous level (or something like that). "They" also say that for race car drivers they actually become adjusted to travelling at those speeds and see their surroundings at 190 MPH like you and I do at 75. I suppose it's possible, however I will likely never find out for myself.

Maybe, it was just a local club team here in Nebraska, we played in the US Roller Sports leagues in puck and ball, made regionals almost every year and was lucky enough to make it to nationals some times and win a few, was an amazing experience to travel with the team and families.

For most of it we were called the Lincoln Thunder, towards the end we had a few sponsors, even Hooters one year, a great set of orange and brown jerseys, wish I still had those, got lost in a move!
When I played it was USA Hockey and NAARCH and TOHRS (around 2002ish). Traveled with the CIncinnati Storm and then with Miami University. Best we ever did was T3 playing U17 in 02.

While I've never tested the theory personally, they say that every 10 MPH above 100 is exponentially faster than the previous level (or something like that). "They" also say that for race car drivers they actually become adjusted to travelling at those speeds and see their surroundings at 190 MPH like you and I do at 75. I suppose it's possible, however I will likely never find out for myself.
I'll never know, unless I am on a track or get a full on green light. It's not the speed that concerns me, personally.

As a race car driver for many years, I can vouch for the second part. However, it's quite one thing to be on a race track at high speeds with professional drivers, all the vehicles going the same direction and at approximately the same speed, and quite something else to be on a highway with a bunch of amateurs going two or more different directions with huge speed differentials.

I don't identify at all with the first part. The only way I could relate is if they were describing driving the vehicle becoming exponentially more difficult as you exceed the speed it was meant to go. Something as simple as wheel balance can quickly make a vehicle impossible to drive when you significantly exceed the speed at which the wheels were balanced.

Published research involving fire ant pheromones and medical mycology before kinda shifting career paths.

I've personally driven over 100mph, however, the fear of getting caught doing it petrified me - so every time I crossed that threshold I flat out couldn't convince myself to go faster.
I've exceeded 145 mph on public roads both in a car (148 mph) and on a motorcycle (146 mph). It's one reason I've never owned a crotch rocket bike - I can't keep my hand from twisting that right grip! Every time I've been on one I exceeded 100 mph. I nearly bought one once, but figured I'd be an organ donor within weeks if I went through with it.

I've exceeded 145 mph on public roads both in a car (148 mph) and on a motorcycle (146 mph). It's one reason I've never owned a crotch rocket bike - I can't keep my hand from twisting that right grip! Every time I've been on one I exceeded 100 mph. I nearly bought one once, but figured I'd be an organ donor within weeks if I went through with it.
There are two reasons why I wouldn't buy a motorcycle.

The first is the crazy idiots on the road.
And the second is my likely intentions of the twisted hand hahaha

There are two reasons why I wouldn't buy a motorcycle.

The first is the crazy idiots on the road.
And the second is my likely intentions of the twisted hand hahaha
The crazy idiots on the road is the biggest reason I've never done much street riding. I rode dirt bikes for many, many years, and my saying was "In the dirt, usually the only a-hole I have to worry about is ME!".

The crazy idiots on the road is the biggest reason I've never done much street riding. I rode dirt bikes for many, many years, and my saying was "In the dirt, usually the only a-hole I have to worry about is ME!".
This is the exact same for me. It's not me that I worry about, it's the distracted driver who would likely cripple /kill me. I will ride dirt bikes and racing atv's hard on private property but on the roads I want as much steel around me as possible and I drive defensively.

This is the exact same for me. It's not me that I worry about, it's the distracted driver who would likely cripple /kill me. I will ride dirt bikes and racing atv's hard on private property but on the roads I want as much steel around me as possible and I drive defensively.
I had a friend who was seriously injured and almost killed on a motorcycle when he got struck by a stakebed truck. The driver crossed over the double yellow centerline in a curve while he was screwing around with his cell phone.

You do know what Emergency Room personnel call that, don't you? Donorcycles.

You do know what Emergency Room personnel call that, don't you? Donorcycles.
Accurate. Crotch rockets make it real easy to go fast and they're a lot of fun, but things are happening awful fast at those kind of speeds. At 100 mph you're traveling 147 feet per second, so with an average reaction time of about 3/4 of a second, you've traveled about 110 feet between the time you see a problem and the time you react to said problem.

Yeah I ended up doing track because my friends talked me into it and there were a bunch of babes on the team. I did not want to run so luckily so I was good at jumping. I was actually better at long jump than triple jump, with my longest being 22'3", but didn't make state. People in my region were worse at triple jump.

Haha. Similar. In fact my senior year I got into it with the Asst Coach. He told me to get out of the weight room and run. The spring of your senior year, at least for me, I did not give a F. I already had the credits to graduate. I informed him that I would be running exactly 7 steps (pole vault) all year and that was it. If he wanted my 10 points every meet, great. If not then I was gone.

He stormed out and found the head coach. He came in and told me to treat the Asst Coach nicer (I wasn’t being mean I was just telling him no). I said ok and that was the last coaching interaction I had with the Asst Coach, lol.

As a race car driver for many years, I can vouch for the second part. However, it's quite one thing to be on a race track at high speeds with professional drivers, all the vehicles going the same direction and at approximately the same speed, and quite something else to be on a highway with a bunch of amateurs going two or more different directions with huge speed differentials.

I don't identify at all with the first part. The only way I could relate is if they were describing driving the vehicle becoming exponentially more difficult as you exceed the speed it was meant to go. Something as simple as wheel balance can quickly make a vehicle impossible to drive when you significantly exceed the speed at which the wheels were balanced.
Speed absolutely has to be experienced in a controlled environment. I was thinking after I posted about where a person could find a suitable stretch of road, and despite how long and straight of a section someone thinks they might have found, there's almost always going to be a driveway or a cross road that could present an unsuspecting party. Even the individuals who choose to use a stretch of highway that doesn't have much traffic on it, once you get to speed you are overtaking vehicles at a much greater pace than normal and there is no way to know how they might react.

I did a quick google search on the exponential part, and discovered that it's the forces that would be generated if you were to hit a stationary object, not the sensation of speed. For example, an impact at 35 MPH relative to 25 MPH (a 40% increase in speed) would actually be 200% greater in energy. I knew there was a link, just had my towards off slightly.

Back