Something I doubt I'll witness again

Jaybanks9

Reaction score
Handicap
I was playing today with a buddy at my local course. It was a 492 yard par 5 with trouble all along the right side, green slopes front to back with a three foot hump of about 45 degrees in the front of the green. The guy I was playing with double eagled from 190. Great shot! I got to say, super weird tough to write 2 on a par 5.

If anyone cares it was a penta he was playing.

Wow, I bet that was exciting to witness!

Awesome. had to be super cool to see.

That's awesome...I once saw a playing buddy ace a par 3, but it was nowhere near 190. Bravo!

I was playing today with a buddy at my local course. It was a 492 yard par 5 with trouble all along the right side, green slopes front to back with a three foot hump of about 45 degrees in the front of the green. The guy I was playing with double eagled from 190. Great shot! I got to say, super weird tough to write 2 on a par 5.

If anyone cares it was a penta he was playing.

That's like hitting a hole in one sort of. Almost as hard.

Pretty amazing, hope he bought the drinks, lol. That's tougher than a HIO.

Wow.. i wouldn't even know what to do if i witnessed it or let alone have hit that shot.

Statistically it's actually harder to get a double eagle than it is to make an ace.

Yeah it really was KellyBo. He hit it and says "that's straight at it" the way the green slopes you really only see the top two thirds of the flag stick. Then he said "I think it was long though" I told him "I think you were dead at it" Then we walk on the green and his ball wasn't in sight. He says "told you I was long." I told him "check the hole first" and there it was. I only told him that because my only long hole out from 150 I looked behind the green for 5 minutes and my friend found my ball in the hole lol.

That is pure cool! :clapp:

That's what I thought and then realized it was one better, as far as -3 for one hole, where an ace is -2.

Pretty amazing, hope he bought the drinks, lol. That's tougher than a HIO.

I agree, First you have to bomb your drive than sink a hell of a second shot. That would of been a sick Hole of the day video.

Heck we got an old dude that plays at our golf course that use to play with the Detroit Tigers. He gave KellyBo a signed baseball card. His name is Coot Veal and I have played golf with him several times. The old guy still hits it pretty darn good to be in his 80's!

Heck we got an old dude that plays at our golf course that use to play with the Detroit Tigers. He gave KellyBo a signed baseball card. His name is Coot Veal and I have played golf with him several times. The old guy still hits it pretty darn good to be in his 80's!
I'll have what you're drinking, OG!

This is awesome!

I'll have what you're drinking, OG!

Naw seriously Smalls. Coot Veal was a real deal major league player and he frequents our course three or four days a week. A great guy and his son is the assistant golf pro at Sea Island golf club at St Simons, Island Ga. Four of the old farts go down every year and play the course Davis Love III is a member of. I am trying to break into their foursome :banghead:

Last edited:
Wow, that's awesome. I've never even come close.

Steel Tappin'

Very nice! I've seen a couple myself over the years but I've never been inside of fifteen or twenty feet, and even at that I've only ever had one eagle on a par 5.

Naw seriously Smalls. Coot Veal was a real deal major league player and he frequents our course three or four days a week. A great guy and his son is the assistant golf pro at Sea Island golf club at St Simons, Island Ga. Four of the old farts go down every year and play the course Davis Love III is a member of. I am trying to break into their foursome :banghead:
Did you see the title of this thread? I think you think this is the other thread! haha

Closest I have come to that I hit the pin once with a second shot on a par 5 from just outside 200 yards with a 1 iron, long time ago.

That is awesome! I believe that Tiger only has 3 double eagles in his life. No telling how many HIO's he has.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

First off that is amazing. I was an inch away from an albatross myself.

Second LOL at OG throwing random posts in here.

Back