Sonic: Yay or Nay?

If I'm in the US and I come across a Sonic I will usually try and stop - more for the ice cream/shakes than for the food. We don't have anything comparable here in Canada so it's a nice treat when I'm travelling.

I love the concept, the cheap ice cream, and their delicious breakfast items.
Who doesn't want jalapeno poppers for breakfast?

I don't like how slow their service can be for walk in service.

Oh yeah, I’m definitely a fan. The frozen limeades are awesome and they have some good fast food type of options, even if it’s not exactly a fast food joint.

Absolutely YAY! Love the burgers and the tots are a huge bonus. And let's not forget about the shakes.

Big yay. I love their burgers, boneless wings, tots, shakes and their Ocean Water is a must-try. Theres a Sonic not far from my house and I often stop by after a round of golf.

I have one about a quarter mile from me.

The girlfriend liked their happy hour.

Me? I don't go. About 40 yrs ago, at Texas A&M, I went and experienced a terrible reaction. I have a long memory - lol. But I don't do much fast food.

I'm a Whataburger Guy about once every 2 weeks - it's a Texas thing.

Yay on tater tots.

Footong Chili Cheese Cony with cheesy tater tots

I've never had it, but heard mixed reviews. Would definitely be open to try it...if nothing else was around.

Milkshake or tots are yay.
Anything else is a hard nay - probably the worst fast food I've ever had

Drinks yes. Burgers are pretty dang good too. Love the tots

The chili cheese dog is amazing.

They have the best onion rings. Made fresh daily. I used to be the onion ring maker in high school.

when i was in High School, the Fried Pickles were awesome....

I have one about a quarter mile from me.

The girlfriend liked their happy hour.

Me? I don't go. About 40 yrs ago, at Texas A&M, I went and experienced a terrible reaction. I have a long memory - lol. But I don't do much fast food.

I'm a Whataburger Guy about once every 2 weeks - it's a Texas thing.

Do they still sell jalapenos in those little sealed bags? They were pretty good, as were the burgers.

After seeing there commercials, I always say I'm gonna go there but never do for some reason.

Yay for slushes, milkshakes, chili cheese dogs and tots. Burgers and other stuff is just so so. The one in Abilene we used to go to had a playground, sand volleyball court, and batting cage.

Yay for slushes, cherry limeade, footlong chili cheese dogs, tots and the occasional burger.

Hell no. Their food is so gross regrettably because their commercials make it look good.

Funny story. I went to a Sonic by my college and there was a homeless man digging through the trash eating one fry at a time and scraping off a spoonful of shake out of empty cups. I had half my meal that I was going to throw away since I didn’t like it anyways. I walked over to him, handed him my food, and asked him if he wanted it. He took the box of food, looked at it, then threw it away and said, “I don’t like the chili here.” I was a little shocked (it tells you a lot about the food haha) and learned that day that beggars CAN be choosers haha

Hell yes. Best ice around & cherry limeade is the bomb.

Yah but the food has gotten worse but that might be my local one though. Shakes still hit the spot.

I dig Sonic

Yay. Tater tots and breakfast burritos.

Back