Sonic: Yay or Nay?

Yay. At least 3 times a week. But of course I am in the home of sonic with #1 and #3000. (I am usually at #3000, only 1/4 mile from the office)

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

I have never been to Sonic.

Based on a singular and recent experience, I'm going with Nay.

Some of their drinks Yay....food they're too expensive for what you get plus there are better options so Nay.

A lukewarm Yea. It's not a "go to" place for me, but if somebody wanted to go there I wouldn't say no.

You sound Old & Stiff w/ that comment. 😜
Haha I feel like I was sold on stopping there in a really dishonest way, so that probably didn't help. It was not as described.

Haven’t been to one in years. Not because of any dislike. Just not convenient.

The kids love it. I am not a fan.

I can take it or leave it.

I am hungry for some tots with cheese. The burgers are not bad.

When I first went to one during college, I was a big yay.

Now definite no. Only thing I would still get is a Lemon Berry Slushie but even that now tastes too sweet. I'm getting too boujee.

May, but not for any reason other than I've not eaten there before and I don't see anything that pulls me in.

I have only been 1 time. I would like to try their frozen drinks again.

9E5C4208-1499-434E-A31E-8DDA643C5DF2.jpeg

We went today as a family because the kids love it. We order at the drive in and eat in the car. The wife talked me out of ordering this today, but by next weekend it will be mine.

Last edited:
If someone gave me a choice between Sonic and White Castle, I'd choose the Castle every time. :hungry:

We tend to get drinks more than anything. Grew up on Sonic and after living in DC for a couple of years and being without I think we burnt out on it when we got back to having one.

We went today as a family because the kids love it. We order at the drive in and eat in the car. The wife takes me out of ordering this today, but by next weekend it will be mine.

Download the app and order ahead of time. Then show up and they bring it to the car. Plus slushes and drinks are always half off in the app

Plus slushes and drinks are always half off in the app

I don’t know what motivated me to do it but I ordered a Coke float via the app. 1/2 price! WIN!

Anything artificial gives me a raging migraine, so probably not, I'm guessing. :ROFLMAO::eek:

My wife wanted me to 'just pull into Sonic' for her today. I don't eat their food, so I don't really have any complaints about that. Their parking lot however, H*LY SH*T. A Super Duty does NOT fit into those bays/stalls where you order. At least not in the one in Maumelle. And discovering that after an attempt, was far, far too late to get out of a busy lot without the whole thing turning into a complete nightmare for about a dozen other vehicles. And that nightmare continued with a 'you need a smaller truck' vs. 'well if you didn't want to eat that crap' type argument that makes any Sunday special. Thank you, Sonic.

My wife wanted me to 'just pull into Sonic' for her today. I don't eat their food, so I don't really have any complaints about that. Their parking lot however, H*LY SH*T. A Super Duty does NOT fit into those bays/stalls where you order. At least not in the one in Maumelle. And discovering that after an attempt, was far, far too late to get out of a busy lot without the whole thing turning into a complete nightmare for about a dozen other vehicles. And that nightmare continued with a 'you need a smaller truck' vs. 'well if you didn't want to eat that crap' type argument that makes any Sunday special. Thank you, Sonic.

I've had the large truck small parking spot problem myself.

I live in NC where Sonic is reasonably popular but when I lived in Little Rock those things were always packed. There is one in Benton that was full open to close.

When my boys were little we would stop at one on the way home from a shopping trip where it was about the only accessible ff place. Then I remember another stop at one in a little town in Kentucky where it was the only option...

It was never great and wouldnt really consider going now...

Back