Sony Open - Week 1 of THP Fantasy Golf [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Sony Open is this week and it is also the 1st week of THP Fantasy Golf. You can still join if you would like to and be eligible for some incredible prizes.

This is an awesome contest, it made this last week a lot more fun

It was fine and dandy picking 10 guys out of 32, but having a full field is going to prove to be a lot more difficult! Good luck everyone!

With such a large field I am having a really hard time picking players. I want some safe guys but I am trying to find the deep sleeper that will take me to #1.

With such a large field I am having a really hard time picking players. I want some safe guys but I am trying to find the deep sleeper that will take me to #1.

I think we all are, it's such a gamble. You pick a would be first timer but at the same time if he doesn't do well it's probably a missed cut.

Exactly! But you have to have that one bold pick otherwise your chances of winning are very slim. I wonder how many people are going to pick Byrd or Garrigus because of last week?

I think we all are, it's such a gamble. You pick a would be first timer but at the same time if he doesn't do well it's probably a missed cut.

Is there any way to change your team name? I picked one last week in a hurry to register but still missed the deadline. Now I'm trying to change my team name but can't figure out how. Anyone know how to do this??

Probably many, but it's a good bet since they're playing well at the moment which in fantasy sports is important. I'm still on the fence about sleeper picks though, I know 1 or 2 may make the difference in the end but I'm worried they may also take me out early!

Well... I had my 10 until Dustin Johnson dropped out.

I know that's my fear too. I don't normally take risks in life and since this is called Fantasy golf I am going to step out of my comfort zone and either go big or go home.

Probably many, but it's a good bet since they're playing well at the moment which in fantasy sports is important. I'm still on the fence about sleeper picks though, I know 1 or 2 may make the difference in the end but I'm worried they may also take me out early!

Well... I had my 10 until Dustin Johnson dropped out.

After how he played this last one thats probably better.

I'm in it to win it! Picking was a lot harder as many have said. Went with some familiar names from last week as well as some new ones. Probably about half and half new to old. Let's hope they do well!

After how he played this last one thats probably better.

He's got a T10 and a T16 in this event. I figured he was a decent bet for a top 15, if not better.

It was fine and dandy picking 10 guys out of 32, but having a full field is going to prove to be a lot more difficult! Good luck everyone!
I don't think it will be, I'm going to probably pick safe since it only matters where you are at the end, weekly wins don't mean anything. Now if you were to add say an extra $100,000 to the winners total every week, then it could be worth it to take some big chances. Now you watch, after my first statement I am going to finish at the bottom! LOL

Exactly! But you have to have that one bold pick otherwise your chances of winning are very slim. I wonder how many people are going to pick Byrd or Garrigus because of last week?
Again, I'm not going to worry so much about picking guys who might be a good sleeper pick. I mentioned before it's a marathon, not a sprint, and weekly wins don't matter at this point, so I'm more likely to pick people likely to make the cut and hopefully finish in the top 10. A sleeper probably won't get you much money very often, and you gotta pick the right one! I gaurantee you I'll be taking Phil, Tiger, even Westwood every time they are in a tournament outside of majors. In which case I am taking Tiger and Phil in every major they are in, hehehe.

Is there any way to change your team name? I picked one last week in a hurry to register but still missed the deadline. Now I'm trying to change my team name but can't figure out how. Anyone know how to do this??
I don't think there is. I think using your screen name is easiest so people know who you are!

"I don't think there is. I think using your screen name is easiest so people know who you are!"

Well too late then...........I picked GeauxTigers because I was hyped for the Cotton Bowl game last Friday night and I am an LSU grad.

Now I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry.....

"I don't think there is. I think using your screen name is easiest so people know who you are!"

Well too late then...........I picked GeauxTigers because I was hyped for the Cotton Bowl game last Friday night and I am an LSU grad.

Now I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry.....

I'm betting that P4B can take care of any name changes.

I was going to talk smack but after last week I will let my team do the talking

I've still got one Nation Wide Tour graduate that isn't Lovemark and I'm feeling very confident about him.

Again, I'm not going to worry so much about picking guys who might be a good sleeper pick. I mentioned before it's a marathon, not a sprint, and weekly wins don't matter at this point, so I'm more likely to pick people likely to make the cut and hopefully finish in the top 10. A sleeper probably won't get you much money very often, and you gotta pick the right one! I gaurantee you I'll be taking Phil, Tiger, even Westwood every time they are in a tournament outside of majors. In which case I am taking Tiger and Phil in every major they are in, hehehe.

Bingo. This format actually begs you to pick the top guys each week. With no limit on the number of times you can pick any one player, why would you ever pick a rookie vs. a veteran player who has a proven track record at a particular tournament. You might as well go ahead and put down the top 10 in the world for me at all 4 majors and the bigger tourneys. There is just too much risk in not going with those guys.

Bingo. This format actually begs you to pick the top guys each week. With no limit on the number of times you can pick any one player, why would you ever pick a rookie vs. a veteran player who has a proven track record at a particular tournament. You might as well go ahead and put down the top 10 in the world for me at all 4 majors and the bigger tourneys. There is just too much risk in not going with those guys.

You mean like picking Stricker over Garrigus and Byrd? :act-up:

Wait a minute. There is no limit as to how many starts a player gets?

Team clam is picked and ready to win this week. Get Some!

Made my initial picks. I will see if I want to change anything over the next couple days. Gotta couple sleeper picks mixed in.

Back