Sony Open - Week 1 of THP Fantasy Golf [Spoilers]

I'm hoping for anyone left on the course not named Byrd or Kuchar to start dropping shots!

99 people picked Ernie. Third most behind Stricker and Furyk.

I like that feature. Here's the top 10 picks:

1. Steve Stricker 113
  2. Jim Furyk 100
  3. Ernie Els 99
  4. Matt Kuchar 76
  5. Robert Allenby 55
  6. Justin Rose 55
  7. Jonathan Byrd 53
  8. Jason Day 53
  9. Camilo Villegas 49
  10. Carl Pettersson 47

Lol, I picked everyone of that list except Jason Day and J. Byrd, lol.

99 people picked Ernie. Third most behind Stricker and Furyk.

I like that feature. Here's the top 10 picks:

1. Steve Stricker 113
  2. Jim Furyk 100
  3. Ernie Els 99
  4. Matt Kuchar 76
  5. Robert Allenby 55
  6. Justin Rose 55
  7. Jonathan Byrd 53
  8. Jason Day 53
  9. Camilo Villegas 49
  10. Carl Pettersson 47

That's a very cool feature. I only have 2 of those guys. One missed the cut and the other is +4.

A bit OT but...

I was just looking at who to pick next week, and the field at Abu Dhabi blows the doors off the Bob Hope field !!

Nice birdie by Kuchar and nice tee shot on 17. Sets up for another possible birdie.

Uggh! Needed that one Matt! Even though 14 of the 16 people ahead of me have Kuchar, this would have hurt the other two! hehehe

I'd love to see a playoff. Of course, I have Tim Clark.

Ha! As well as everyone ahead of me!

Great baseball style shot by Marino, standing in the bunker with the ball outside the bunker.

Great baseball style shot by Marino, standing in the bunker with the ball outside the bunker.

One of the most incredible I have seen in a while.

Wow heck of a shot by Marino.. I have to remember that one, I have been there once or twice lately on the course and did not do anywhere near as well.

Originally, I didn't have Clark. I picked him as my replacement for DJ. Glad DJ dropped out now. What is going on with Appleby? He's killing me

Congrats Mark Wilson

Congrats Mark Wilson

Congrats to Mark Wilson for Winning the 2011 Sony Open! I was hoping so hard that Marino would make that. He is without a doubt the best player without a win. And congrats to (who appears to be the winner right now at 10:18 EST) Ottawa Golf Blog

GG merged the Mark WIlson thread with this one.

GG merged the Mark WIlson thread with this one.

Good idea, for the spoiler effect.

Marino's miracle shot cost me a top 20 finish. grrrrrr.

Great tournament. Glad the 1st of the year was so much fun to watch. Currently 13th even though 5 of my players missed the cut. Just like when you are playing, it is better to be lucky than good.

Lot more fun to watch these with something on the line. Thanks to THP for setting up the Fantasy League.

Last edited:
finished 28th this week, not bad considering I had 2 players shoot +4 today.

Ugh, I finished week 1 in 108th place.....gotta do better than that man.

It's a marathon P4B. Everyone is going to have crappy weeks.

This morning, I was worried I was going to be worse than that!

#78, lol. Not so good after mid pack last week, but I guess last week don't count. I studied these guys like crazy looking for straight off the tee and other things. I may just throw darts next time.

Back