Sony Open - Week 1 of THP Fantasy Golf [Spoilers]

I was in 102nd, went out for the day, grabbed some dinner and now I am in 25th... I was pretty shocked

Lot more fun to watch these with something on the line. Thanks to THP for setting up the Fantasy League.
X2 smallville
I'm having a blast this year and have never played fantasy golf in my life. Barely even played fantasy football

X2 smallville
I'm having a blast this year and have never played fantasy golf in my life. Barely even played fantasy football

No doubt, makes the weekend a little more fun, thanks THP

Results for The Sony Open are official.

You can make your picks for The Bob Hope.

Remember, The Hope starts on WEDNESDAY. (I'm guessing 10:00 AM EST )

Results for The Sony Open are official.

You can make your picks for The Bob Hope.

Remember, The Hope starts on WEDNESDAY. (I'm guessing 10:00 AM EST )

Thanks dude

I love to watch the pros swing. There is always something to be learned and watching some of them can help you with your swing. Then there are the swings that you know you can't emulate but that are so darned interesting to watch.

Steve Marino has been getting a good deal of air time at this tourney. I don't wonder if I would miss the ball entirely if I tried his swing. Doesn't he seem to almost pick the driver right up off the ground into his backswing? It is very fast and he must have to make a big correction somewhere to keep from swinging outside in. He also has all of this motion going on sort of getting cocked before actually making the swing. It is almost like he is building up to the swing itself, fidget.......fidget...fidget..fidget.fidget..swing. His iron swing almost seems a little more conventional. He does hit it a long way and i guess being such a free swinger helps him in that regard.

I often wonder if the guys with swings that you would not call classic just had to practice like heck to build consistency with their swing or if their swing comes naturally to them. How do guys couch them? They certainly would not want to change their swing.

Anyway, thank God for the Golf Channel.

Ended up 5th, really was not expecting that with substitutions and cuts

Team for the Hope is set:

Steve Elkington
Stewart Cink
Matt Kuchar
Jeff Overton
Kevin Streelman
Bubba Watson
Martin Laird
Shaun Micheel
Ricky Barnes
Mike Weir

Finished 10th with four players going MC. Huge thanks goes to Tim Clarke! :clapp:

Ugh, I finished week 1 in 108th place.....gotta do better than that man.

yeah, i'm not sure if a guy who finished where you have in the past two weeks is worthy of being my counterpart on the radio show.

wait, where did i finish again?

Finished 10th with four players going MC. Huge thanks goes to Tim Clarke! :clapp:

Yeah gott agree there, he saved my butt

I finished 51. That is not helping my world domination in Fantasy Golf. And even worse...I lost to JB. This cannot happen again.

i feel ya sister. at least i had a top 50 finish. i went with some bold picks for the Hope so we'll see.

My goal each week is to beat JB. Beating everyone would be great but beating him is most important.

well, good luck with that. it's a long season and he's got a nice head start on ya. i'm more of a realist. i've decided that those who just pick dudes do well, and those that actually do some research, ie me, don't do so well.

well, good luck with that. it's a long season and he's got a nice head start on ya. i'm more of a realist. i've decided that those who just pick dudes do well, and those that actually do some research, ie me, don't do so well.

I am right there with you. Just like in FF I am looking up stats, past performances, strengths and weaknesses in each persons game. I should have know that would be a mistake. I learned a long time ago that the world is safer if I don't think. ; )

I am right there with you. Just like in FF I am looking up stats, past performances, strengths and weaknesses in each persons game. I should have know that would be a mistake. I learned a long time ago that the world is safer if I don't think. ; )

hahaha, i do the same thing though. research tons of stuff but sometimes i think you just have to pick a couple of random dudes. my lineup for the Hope is set and i don't like it at all, but i just can't think of who else i'd want to go with.

Same. I scroll the list and see who does well but wont be picked by eceryone. Take a chance on 2 or 3 guys, and maybe take 2 guys that are somewhat of a lock to make the cut. Fared me well for 63 holes.

Same. I scroll the list and see who does well but wont be picked by eceryone. Take a chance on 2 or 3 guys, and maybe take 2 guys that are somewhat of a lock to make the cut. Fared me well for 63 holes.

i think you have to do that in order to be consistent, but we could be completely wrong. i can't wait for tiger's 1st tourny back. i bet he gets picked by 90% or more of the team owners.

Including me.
i think you have to do that in order to be consistent, but we could be completely wrong. i can't wait for tiger's 1st tourny back. i bet he gets picked by 90% or more of the team owners.

me too! haha

so far, 2011 has been great on the tour. 2 starts/2 down to the wire finishes. i like it. i'm ready for some of the big guns to start playing.

Well I finished 55th so I got some ways to go to get back into the battle. This is some pretty fun stuff watching your group of players and rooting them on. I got to get to work soon and pick this the Hope tournament team .

I went backwards...no more changing my picks Wed. night. I change two players who made the cut with two that didn't. That hurt me.

I just pick players who I'd be rooting for anyway, I don't do any research or anything. Seems to be working out so far.

One hundred and twenty seventh place. I don't even deserve to type that out in numbers. I'm picking myself to play next week, cos I'll make just as much money as 6 of my players did this week!

One hundred and twenty seventh place. I don't even deserve to type that out in numbers. I'm picking myself to play next week, cos I'll make just as much money as 6 of my players did this week!

my euro brother, i feel for ya. i'm rooting for you this week buddy.

Back