SOS! Need Shaft Help!

kidzwitgunz

Reaction score
Handicap
So I am trying to come up with all of the shafts that are both lower to low torque, as well have a stiff or firm tip.........

The only reason is because I hit my old proforce gold 65 in a much older driver almost as far as my ft-9 with fubuki, even though our pro "fitted" me to this! Weird huh, maybe my swing was off/diff that week? Or now I am coming to believe maybe I allowed myself to be pushed into something that doesn't really fit me/gave into sales hype, because I hit the driver well, with less spin yet I equal that with my older club and sometimes outright beat it on the course and this thing is 11* vs 10.5*!

Also I am currently demo-ing the D2 and am equaling the ft-9 overall in carry and spin, but this is only using my eyes not a LM. Of other interesting note hit the DComp and well let's just say that it went REALLY high and I generated enough spin off the stock shaft that it almost backed up!

Here is what I have so far: (these may/may not be right I am out of my element here and each OEM site as well as the shaft OEM sites use different terminology)

Proforce Gold
Proforce V2
Axiv Red
Ozik 6/HD6

Look at the Graphite Designs offerings, namely the YS-Q and the Aura Red.

I've got a YS-Q, and it changed my driver's performance dramatically.

I had a UST PF Gold 65 in an older driver too - TM 360ti - that I hit great. I had that combo for several years until I broke the shaft. I reshafted it with a UST PF V2 67g and it was just as long, and a bit tighter in shot dispersion due to the lower torque. The ball flight was also a bit lower. When I bought my '07 Burner, I put the V2 into it because I'd read that the Burner launches high. This combo works great for me with a nice trajectory.

Thanks for the help, looking into those now!

OK here is my new official try list with the FT-9 and possibly the latest Tity offerings:

1. Rombax Z
2. Proforce Gold and V2
3. Axiv Tour Red
3. YSQ ST
4. Aura Red (maybe gold)
5. Matriz Ozik Code 6 or 7

Also after speaking with our club fitter today the reason why my shaft fitting was off is due to the fact(s) that I had just returned from a deployment, my swing was off, AND the actual LM was not calibrated correctly. This was only recently discovered because I was the 6th person in a week to come in with issues involving my shaft/head playability so they called it in and the tech fixed it.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what flex/weight I should start with because if you think about it that is a TON of stuff to demo........

SS AVG is 108+/-, Ball Speed AVG is 152 mph+/-, no clue what anything else is though it does seem like I get a tad too much spin off either driver I have, but then again the FT-9 wasn't fitted to my exact swing apparently and the Nickent is over 6 years old and 11* to boot! Don't need higher launch, lower spin is nice as well as control, distance/carry AND roll is pretty good. THX guys!

I think you should go see a fitter and try as many shafts as possible. Then which ever one works the best with your swing is the one to get. Get put on a monitor and start swinging.

I think you should go see a fitter and try as many shafts as possible. Then which ever one works the best with your swing is the one to get. Get put on a monitor and start swinging.

Should I just start from scratch and let the fitter match a flex etc, or at least come with an idea of where to start?

Also should I do this over a couple of days, or a week because with that many shafts to try, not even including if the fitter thinks I should try a diff loft, my arms and swing mechanics are gonna get very sloppy, especially since it will be outside?

start from scratch. If you go in with ideas, you never know what you may be missing out on.

I just put a Harrison Saga into my fairway wood and it feels really good. The same as my diamana whiteboards. Easy to load and really good feel. It's pretty affordable as well.

start from scratch. If you go in with ideas, you never know what you may be missing out on.

Roger That!

Back