Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A couple of months ago we did a rather lengthy article on the Sacks Parente putters putting instruments. We got a number of questions asking how they sound and feel and thought what better way to share that information than video. Sacks Parente TESTED!

Sound TESTED: Sacks Parente features all three putters that we have in the THP Tech Studio explained and then hit a few times for you to gauge the sound. We have a tiny microphone placed right by the impact so it picks up everything and you can definitely hear the subtle differences.

The models tested are:
Series 66 – Blade with a plumber’s neck
Series 54 – Mid Size Mallet
Series 18 – Unique blade reminiscent of a throwback that has been modernized

As you can see/hear each of the three models has a distinct sound to it and that falls very close to what the perception of feel is. From full and dense to a more crisp offering, Sacks Parente appears to have an option that will fit most ears.

Which one of the Sacks Parente putting instruments sounds best to you? Give us your thoughts below. For more information on these putters, check out their website here.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one sounded best to you?

Which one sounded best to you?
Series 54 like the dull sound vs. the sound of the others. Are they all capable of swapping hosels or are there select ones for heads?

A couple of months ago we did a rather lengthy article on the Sacks Parente putters putting instruments. We got a number of questions asking how they sound and feel and thought what better way to share that information than video. Sacks Parente TESTED!

Sound TESTED: Sacks Parente features all three putters that we have in the THP Tech Studio explained and then hit a few times for you to gauge the sound. We have a tiny microphone placed right by the impact so it picks up everything and you can definitely hear the subtle differences.

The models tested are:
Series 66 – Blade with a plumber’s neck
Series 54 – Mid Size Mallet
Series 18 – Unique blade reminiscent of a throwback that has been modernized

As you can see/hear each of the three models has a distinct sound to it and that falls very close to what the perception of feel is. From full and dense to a more crisp offering, Sacks Parente appears to have an option that will fit most ears.

Which one of the Sacks Parente putting instruments sounds best to you? Give us your thoughts below. For more information on these putters, check out their website here.

Continue reading...

Nice write up. That mallet makes a rather satisfying “thunk”. I’m a blade guy but I liked the sound of that.

I definitely like the lower muted thibk of the mallet, the others were a little higher of a clink for me

Series 54 like the dull sound vs. the sound of the others. Are they all capable of swapping hosels or are there select ones for heads?
Per the article linked in the first post. Some can swap hosels

I like the middle anser like “instrument” with the face weights and personally favor the “firm or solid strike” sound of that and mallet sound also good IMO. Need to investigate this line more as appears to be high quality with options. Nice video and good info and could tell sound differences even though I have some mild hearing loss. Thanks

add just went on their site as impressive with testimonials including from JB. I need to start saving and consider a fitting one of these.

All 3 gave off a very nice sound. Between the three, I was kind of partial to the sound of the first one.

All 3 gave off a very nice sound. Between the three, I was kind of partial to the sound of the first one.
I think that one stands out to me sound wise too.

First then third but all 3 are pleasing

The first sounds best to me but I agree that all sound good. Sound is much of feel and super important to me whether it’s a putter or driver. I’ve noticed that swapping out the shaft on my Toulon Las Vegas to a KBS CT Tour changed the sound slightly.

Agree all sounds fine enough and more important to me is the other stuff discussed- I missed original write up (since saw)and this is world class tech from that, the video and their website. They are expensive but it appears one might be paying for real changes that make a difference and I will test one (probably middle model) this year while they have a reduced price on some. Sound and feel will be important but I am especially also interested in the MOI tech and face weights more forward etc. If seems to have good distance control potential as well - I may we’ll get one and might even consider a shaft upgrade. . I have an older Scotty (circa 62 half mallet? that may have had its day finally. Excellent video and past write up JB thanks.

I prefer the sound of the first one.

Great sound content video Dan/JB

Did you make the putts!? Lol

I think it’s really cool that the grips and shafta are lightweight and you can swap heads. Watching Dan pull the mallet out of his pocket was wild.

Favorite sound was the mallet and the second blade

Great sound content video Dan/JB

Did you make the putts!? Lol

I think it’s really cool that the grips and shafta are lightweight and you can swap heads. Watching Dan pull the mallet out of his pocket was wild.

Favorite sound was the mallet and the second blade

I love the sound of that 2nd blade. Been rolling that a lot lately and being a bit oversized has inspiring effects.

I love the sound of that 2nd blade. Been rolling that a lot lately and being a bit oversized has inspiring effects.

what’s the toe hang on that one?

Called this company today and was very impressed personal service, got a live operator right away, who arranged a call back one of their leaders, and after getting more information I am doing a fitting next month. Likely the series 66 model, but also want to see and feel the mallet. Seems like a fine company and with advanced technology. Look forward to testing.

I liked the sound of the first one...Series 18. But, the shape of the mallet and the VA lines are just phenomenal.

I liked the sound of the first one...Series 18. But, the shape of the mallet and the VA lines are just phenomenal.
They do the colors incredibly well.

Something about the sound and feel of these that keeps me coming back. Currently rolling the 18 and it has me pretty darn confident on the short ones.

I got to roll one of these at my Club Champion fitting. I use a Triple Track Ten and was coming from a 2-Ball White Hot XG. The sound was definitely different, but not off putting at all and the feel great. I’m not sure it’s the direction I’d head in for my next putter, but I haven’t done any hard ponder since getting the TT Ten earlier this year.

I got to roll one of these at my Club Champion fitting. I use a Triple Track Ten and was coming from a 2-Ball White Hot XG. The sound was definitely different, but not off putting at all and the feel great. I’m not sure it’s the direction I’d head in for my next putter, but I haven’t done any hard ponder since getting the TT Ten earlier this year.
Yeah it’s pretty unique, but in a good way. I have come to really like the sound of the 18.

Back