Soup it warms the soul!

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
As a large part of the country braces for old man winter. I’m reminded of just how much I enjoy a good soup. Today I’m making a Hearty Navy Bean soup. Which we will serve in bread bowls tonight.

938866d4a900c2795e2815e757facecc.jpg

Anybody else have an affinity for good soup? Got any good recipes you want to share? Chowders? Maybe a bisque? Gumbo (panda looking at you) Anything with a soup like resemblance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Love it.
There is a great recipe for a cheddar cheese soup that you do in a Vitamix that I made that was fantastic. I will have to dig it up.

We a variation of Zuppa Tuscana that is really good.

Love soup!

I could have soup everyday with no problems.

Give me a good cheeseburger soup or clam chowder any day.

I’ll have some chicken noodle going in the crock pot tomorrow. Also love a good loaded potato soup in the crock pot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, soup! I love it. Doesn't matter if it is French Onion, Minestroni, Italian Wedding, tortilla, or whatever else you can think of.

Making Chile verde tonight. It works wonderfully as a stew.

not a huge fan. but a good lobster bisque is one of my favorites. and every now and then i like a tomato bisque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I️ make a good Pozole or Caldo de Res when it gets cold.

Love taco soup,potato soup or a homemade vegetable soup when the weather turns cool.

I️ make a good Pozole or Caldo de Res when it gets cold.

So we can expect a recipe right bro

Harvest Cheddar Soup for Vitamix

[h=2]Ingredients[/h][FONT=&quot]
  • 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
  • 2 Tablespoons white wine
  • ¼ small onion, chopped
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 2 apples, seeded, cored, quartered
  • 2 medium potatoes, baked
  • ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 cup (115 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
[/FONT]

[h=2]Directions[/h]
  1. Place chicken stock, wine, onion, celery, apples, potatoes, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
  2. Select Variable 1.
  3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
  4. Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
  5. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
  6. Drop in cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
500xNxharvestcheddarsoupmainjpg.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1hVjIbY6Su.jpg

So we can expect a recipe right bro

I’ll write it down. I️ cook from memory so need to write down the recipe

We are a soup household! Both cold and hot soup. Love it all.

For Thanksgiving, one of our twin 2-year-old granddaughters kept asking for the soup. We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal, so we couldn't figure out what she was referring to...until we noticed the gravy. Sure enough.

I love a good cheese soup, and have a Vitamix, going to have to try that recipe out JB.

Tonight's dinner was a bowl of carrot soup, left over turkey and a slice of pumpkin bread. Delicious soup and a great way to use carrots from the garden.

I love a good cheese soup, and have a Vitamix, going to have to try that recipe out JB.

They have a number of recipes and I have tried two and both have been great. Freaking awesome that when using the Vitamix, you dont even have to heat the soup, because the blades turn so fast its hot.

Beef & mushroom. Simple & delicious!
fd76bbdb34a87404cc25680fc0e20c77.jpg

Think I need this recipe dude! It looks fantastic

My wife makes a Chicken Gumbo that makes me giddy to eat. Usually served with a cheese bread side.
I always eat so much that I feel terrible for two days afterwards but so worth it.

9f976f6324734e0f995bc8109eb3f009.jpg
0a4caa8952141bed72eda1d8dd744411.jpg
4f80c861894cf5b519415934facc1fd1.jpg

Little Corn Chowder for this cold Sunday afternoon!

Back