South Carolina in 2 days and on a budget?

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
So...I've got Monday the 21st and Tuesday the 22nd available for some awesome SC golf before the Morgan Cup.

I'm planning 3-4 rounds on those days, and I'd love to play some good courses. I'm on a budget, but I'm thinking still that I could pay the 100 bucks for Dunes?

For now I'm thinking these:

1 round at TPC Myrtle Beach
1 round at one of these: The Dunes / one of the Barefoot courses (which one?) / Tidewater
1 round at Heritage
1 round at Pawleys Plantation (on Tuesday afternoon, a short trip to True Blue villas)

So I'm looking at 70+100+65+41 in green fees.

Is one of the Dunes / Barefoot / Tidewater worth the extra money? It's not like it's 500 USD, but still...50 vs 100 is always an extra round worth...

Any ideas or suggestions?

I have played all the Barefoot courses and love them. I especially liked the Love course. It will be well worth it. I last time I played there it was around $75.00

I'm a huge fan of Pawleys plantation right down the street from TB, it's a great test of golf all the way around and will let you know exactly where your game is lol. Also another good one in that area is the Heritage club, a beautiful course that has a myriad of tests and inexpensive to boot. Always in good condition.

Thanks guys, I'm familiar with golfnow, I'll check out mbn too!

Is golfdesk.com a legit thing as well?

Some good choices, very hard to go wrong in MB. Regarding Barefoot, I would play the Love, it's my favorite of the courses on site, playable with it's share of character.

I play the Dunes about 3 times a year and I guarantee you wont regret spending the money, especially with their new champion bermuda grass. I also recommend heading down to True Blue-Caledonia Golf Club for some great long, challenging holes. TPC Myrtle is also a great course that will test any level golfer. Just be careful of the wildlife at TPC Myrtle, I had to stop and let 8 turkeys cross the cart path and fairway and a couple of deer haha.

I play the Dunes about 3 times a year and I guarantee you wont regret spending the money, especially with their new champion bermuda grass. I also recommend heading down to True Blue-Caledonia Golf Club for some great long, challenging holes. TPC Myrtle is also a great course that will test any level golfer. Just be careful of the wildlife at TPC Myrtle, I had to stop and let 8 turkeys cross the cart path and fairway and a couple of deer haha.

I'll be playing the TB & Caledonia on Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat & Sunday :D The Morgan Cup 2014, The Ultimate Golf Event Period is held there.

My next stop will include waterway hills. I always just booked my rounds in the entry way of the martins golf superstore ( not sure what company it was). Always good deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Oyster Bay which can be booked at mbn.com. myrtle beach national is always a good bet for 36 holes. Be sure to include Kings north. Enjoy your time in myrtle and don't golf yourself out before the MC.

I think it will be 18 on Monday and 36 on Tuesday. Leisure golf, slow rounds with rum & coke.

Grande dunes makes a killer Bloody Mary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater is closed for renovations so they're out.

But I will be in MB this coming weekend (friday thru monday) and playing Kings north and Pawleys Plantation so I can update you on their conditions when we get down there!

I think it will be 18 on Monday and 36 on Tuesday. Leisure golf, slow rounds with rum & coke.

I'll be in town on Monday. What time are you playing?

I'll be in town on Monday. What time are you playing?

Nothing booked...my buddy and I arrive to Charlotte on Sun. evening, and after that we are all ready to play.

It would be awesome if you'd join!

Nothing booked...my buddy and I arrive to Charlotte on Sun. evening, and after that we are all ready to play.

It would be awesome if you'd join!

Plan on it! I'll be in early on Monday.

Plan on it! I'll be in early on Monday.

Cool!

I think we will drive Monday morning to Myrtle area, play somewhere, like barefoot fazio maybe or Pawleys plantation, then find a hotel.

Lets PM about this tomorrow?

Back