• Hampton Cove, Huntsville, AL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shoals, Muscle Shoals, AL

• Oxmoor Valley, Birmingham, AL

• Ross Bridge, Birmingham, AL

• Other location (please specifiy in post)

• Total voters
Sweet Ole Gray!! Cant wait to see what you have cooked up for a prize.

Ok, tee times for Friday are set! 8:20 a.m. is the first tee time on friday, this may have to change if there is frost on the ground. we also have 12:20 set aside for the first afternoon tee time. The cost for the entire day of golf is $32. Is this ok with everyone? Saturday golf is still being set up at the moment. But at least friday is set. Also, I was kind of thinking it would be cool to snag up some THP gear for my Uncle for hooking us up. What do you guys think?

Recap:

Friday morning tee times start at 8:20 a.m.
afternoon tee times start at 12:20 p.m.

cost= $32 ALL DAY!

love, Jeff Overton

ok...Saturday Update:

Old Union

9:00 a.m. - $34

replay is at 1 p.m.- price will be cart fee(so I am guessing $12-$15)

This is awesome! I am getting excited now. Other good news, they have passed alcohol in that town so there is a GREAT chance the convenience stores will have beer. Wooohooo!!!!

bump....I would recommend people get there around 8:00 Friday morning!!!

Guys this sounds great. I'll do my best to get the OK from my wife after work today so I can go ahead and give my 100% certainty of being able to come.

This outing keeps getting better. I am really getting excited. I am starting a new physical therapy routine this afternoon. This little outing has motivated me more than you can imagine I hope to play 36 on Friday. I haven't been able to that in some time. I can't wait.

This outing keeps getting better. I am really getting excited. I am starting a new physical therapy routine this afternoon. This little outing has motivated me more than you can imagine I hope to play 36 on Friday. I haven't been able to that in some time. I can't wait.

Man, between you, gray and me we might have to load up on Ben-Gay and corn squeezins to get around all 36 before dark.

Guys this sounds great. I'll do my best to get the OK from my wife after work today so I can go ahead and give my 100% certainty of being able to come.

Sounds great! I hope you can make it!!

hahaha, squat thrusts!

Man, between you, gray and me we might have to load up on Ben-Gay and corn squeezins to get around all 36 before dark.

Your old?

on a for real note, I think once I get final numbers we may try to get some handicaps(roughly) and split into some teams for a little catains choice, that will def help on playing faster as well as less swings for everyone! This format would be for the second rounds only

Lol. I got 2 special mason jars loaded in my truck's tool box just in case. That tonic will help you make it thru a round lightening fast.

Your old?

Age isn't a number, it's a feeling. This morning I feel in the high 80's...least I can shot my age that way. I've got some knee issues going on, and that cold weather has got me a bit worried but it's nothing a few frosty silver bullets can't fix :)

Lol. I got 2 special mason jars loaded in my truck's tool box just in case. That tonic will help you make it thru a round lightening fast.

that is excellent!!!!!

Age isn't a number, it's a feeling. This morning I feel in the high 80's...least I can shot my age that way. I've got some knee issues going on, and that cold weather has got me a bit worried but it's nothing a few frosty silver bullets can't fix :)

hahaha, we can put you and ole gray in the handicap cart...haha, I kid! Very true, tapping the rockies always helps!

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know I am backing out of coming to the outing. It just feels a little weird to me to be the only woman staying in a cabin full of men and I think Gray deserves a guys weekend out like I have with the girls from time to time. I love playing golf with you guys and I plan to tee it up again with the gang in May, but this trip will be for Ol' Gray and the guys! I'll be there in spirit and rooting each one of you on for a great time!

ahhhh Kellybo, thats too bad that you have changed your mind. We would love to have you around if that helps. Hell, Gray will be in bed by 7pm anyway. hahah. If you change your mind let us know. Now who is gonna do the dishes...hehe, I kid!

Thanks One-T! I appreciate your comments but I think I will have a good time hanging out with my kitty cats and playing some local golf with the gals. Let the boys have their fun! Tell Uncle Daddy I'm sorry but he will have to clean the dishes since I'm not coming. :)

ahhhh Kellybo, thats too bad that you have changed your mind. We would love to have you around if that helps. Hell, Gray will be in bed by 7pm anyway. hahah. If you change your mind let us know. Now who is gonna do the dishes...hehe, I kid!

yessir: November 12th-14th. Blairesville, Ga. we have a cabin rented that will cost about $40 a person(I think), that is the cost for the whole weekend! haha. It will fit everyone fine. If people have air mattresses I would recommend bringing them just in case. Let me know what other info you need

Golf is at Butternut Creek and Old Union

We are going to have two cabins this year. They are right beside each other and if can get 16 golfers that will put eight put cabin and be approx $47.00 each for two nights stay! Like one-T said it could be cheaper if a few more show up.

I will send directions to the new THP'ers coming to our SouthEastern Group outing. Just request my email address on a PM and I will send you the direction attachments along with certain cabin rules set forth by the owner. No biggies just common sense stuff we have to take care of.

You mean between myself, UncleDaddy, SW, & Clam Fist we will have four crumpy old men :D

that is excellent!!!!!

hahaha, we can put you and ole gray in the handicap cart...haha, I kid! Very true, tapping the rockies always helps!

I might sure nuff need a rope to pull me up the side of those hills. Especially if I have a sidehill lie :D .. Tapping the rockies is definitely on the agenda :drinks: ! This is building up to be a show nuff fun outing and I for one am getting stoked up!

Sorry about my sweet wife (KellyBo) not being able to attend however she felt bad about the thought of whupping all of our arse's, so she faked dropping out :surrender:

I went to therapy and got some new exercises and stretches that will keep my neck and back loose. I hit a bucket of balls right after that and felt better than usual. It seems I'm on the right track.

By the way, just so you guys know, I am a fairly young and healthy guy. I just have a nagging neck injury that has been acting up. It makes me lose feeling in my left arm. Don't worry I won't slow y'all down. It won't be a problem. I just think this outing sounds too fun to miss.

Also, I am a terrible golfer, a true hacker. I don't know my handicap because I can't count that high, so pair me up accordingly.

I went to therapy and got some new exercises and stretches that will keep my neck and back loose. I hit a bucket of balls right after that and felt better than usual. It seems I'm on the right track.

By the way, just so you guys know, I am a fairly young and healthy guy. I just have a nagging neck injury that has been acting up. It makes me lose feeling in my left arm. Don't worry I won't slow y'all down. It won't be a problem. I just think this outing sounds too fun to miss.

Also, I am a terrible golfer, a true hacker. I don't know my handicap because I can't count that high, so pair me up accordingly.

we're all hackers clam, it's all good. you gonna be there for friday and saturday's festivities? we'll prolly pair us all up in 4somes for the afternoon session and have a little scramble, that way you won't get too tired.

I will drive down for Friday and play all day, but I have to be back at work Saturday morning. The new hire didn't work out.

I will drive down for Friday and play all day, but I have to be back at work Saturday morning. The new hire didn't work out.

geez man, you'd think with the state of the economy good help would be easy to find these days. you can't stick the wifey in there on saturday dude? you're gonna want to experience the course we're playing on saturday dude!

geez man, you'd think with the state of the economy good help would be easy to find these days. you can't stick the wifey in there on saturday dude? you're gonna want to experience the course we're playing on saturday dude!

Yeah I hear its 11 miles long, hopefully its all elevated tee boxes

Yeah I hear its 11 miles long, hopefully its all elevated tee boxes

it's a beast of a course for sure, depends on what tee box, but it's a monster. i loved it though, it's in the middle of nowhere and it's stunning. you guys are in for a real big treat.

Just don't hit it into the rough at Old Union. I am a pretty small guy so I won't look for a ball in the rough for fear that they will never find me, not to mention me finding the ball.

Just don't hit it into the rough at Old Union. I am a pretty small guy so I won't look for a ball in the rough for fear that they will never find me, not to mention me finding the ball.

hahahaha, that was hilarious!

gray, about the cabins...I was under the impression that danny and the gus from your club were all staying there and the rest of us were staing in the one we had last year.

This is what we have so far and this format even's out the rent for everyone. I would like to confirm who is definitely coming so this can be the final arrangements. One-T,, the three guys coming down from North Carolina, check on them to confirm they are definitely in. We can all mingle back and forth between the two cabins and even have a Ryder cup style format between the two with the groups being an even number. If anyone else would like to come, please make a statement on this thread so we can count ya in.

Cabin #1

olgray
TC
one-T
UncleDaddy
Setho
jingramgbr - first time thp SE group outing
DirtGuy - first time thp SE group outing
SW Fla - first time thp SE group outing

Total = 8

Clam Fist - Friday golf only
SeeMoreGuy - Saturday golf only
AdWillingham & Dad - Saturday golf only

Golf Only = 4

Cabin #2

DannyBoy

chester
rodney
bee
bubba
bruce
neal
chumphries - first time thp SE group outing

Total = 8

i really don't understand why the need for two cabins gray. it seems as though it would be much cheaper if we just all stayed in the one. let the youngsters have that big basement and the older dudes can have the main level and the lofts. plus, i'm not so sure that a couple of those fellas can even make it yet.

I forgot to mention with eight per cabin the rent will be $56.87 per person and this includes both nights. If for some reason we have six drop out we will combine everyone into one cabin and adjust the rent accordingly. Hutch might make an appearance to our outing so we want to make sure everything is per instructions on the contract we signed or I signed :O). I listed eight in our cabin. If more show up there is a $10.00 per person per day increase in rental fee. If the sixteen stay and play all show up, we have even amounts in each cabin and the fun begins!

i really don't understand why the need for two cabins gray. it seems as though it would be much cheaper if we just all stayed in the one. let the youngsters have that big basement and the older dudes can have the main level and the lofts. plus, i'm not so sure that a couple of those fellas can even make it yet.

I am good for sleeping on the floor.

It would make it much more simple to just go with one cabin I agree 100 percent with that. Let me talk with DannyBoy and see who for sure he has coming. I am thinking if we have four more non comittals then it's one cabin.

Back