• Hampton Cove, Huntsville, AL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shoals, Muscle Shoals, AL

• Oxmoor Valley, Birmingham, AL

• Ross Bridge, Birmingham, AL

• Other location (please specifiy in post)

• Total voters
Kelly and I are open as we plan on driving up Thursday evening and staying at the Holiday Inn which is right beside Hickory errrrr I mean ButterNut Golf course.

Are we planning to get in 18 or 36 holes? Tee times don't matter to me, I'll adjust my schedule accordingly.

Are we planning to get in 18 or 36 holes? Tee times don't matter to me, I'll adjust my schedule accordingly.

I'm hoping we can get in 36 providing we get off early, get some lunch and back at it again. It's not often enough us THP'ers get to golf together so make the most of it. If someone is tired then they can head to the cabin however checkin time is 3:00 p.m.

I'm hoping we can get in 36 providing we get off early, get some lunch and back at it again. It's not often enough us THP'ers get to golf together so make the most of it. If someone is tired then they can head to the cabin however checkin time is 3:00 p.m.

Cool. Sounds good to me. I'll probably just pull an all-nighter for the drive south.

Cool. Sounds good to me. I'll probably just pull an all-nighter for the drive south.

Dirt --- You must be a young buck? Drive all night and play golf all day. Now that's my kind of THP'er!

Dirt --- You must be a young buck? Drive all night and play golf all day. Now that's my kind of THP'er!

Guilty as charged, sir!

Early sounds good to me, that way we can bust our our tails on the frosty greens.

dude, my house is about an hour and a half from the course, you are more than welcome to crach there the nght before. Ok, so I am gonna get them for as early as possible. my uncle is in Florida until next week so I will know tee times next tuesday!

dude, my house is about an hour and a half from the course, you are more than welcome to crach there the nght before. Ok, so I am gonna get them for as early as possible. my uncle is in Florida until next week so I will know tee times next tuesday!

Thanks for the offer but it looks like it'll take me around 10 1/2 hours to Franklin or Blairsville. I'll probably just head out after work Thursday and catch a quick nap in the truck when needed.

I might be a chipper and putter for the outing. Read the update on my knee in the random topic thread. Bad news today from the knee doc.

I might be a chipper and putter for the outing. Read the update on my knee in the random topic thread. Bad news today from the knee doc.

Gray if need be I'll throw ya over my shoulders and tote ya to the ball...of course we could you one of them fancy blue flags to hang on your cart, then you can drive where-ever you durn well please.

Gray if need be I'll throw ya over my shoulders and tote ya to the ball...of course we could you one of them fancy blue flags to hang on your cart, then you can drive where-ever you durn well please.

He could make a heck of a polo game out of it. :wink:

SW --Too funny dude! :laughing:

He could make a heck of a polo game out of it. :wink:

I can't wait to meet you newbies. You guys sound like you will fit right in with the last crowd we had :D..

Seriously though I might have to move up to the senior or ladies tees and wear a dress ... I should be able to play with my new fancy knee brace on but will have to hit the ball with my feet together so as not to twist my knee to much. Heck I can still hit it pretty decent with the feet together drill and my chipping and putting should be stellar as that is all I can do right now.

I have an idea Gray, we can have alternate shot for you till you get within comfortable distance so you won't stress your knee and you will still get to play. Heck, I would hit driver - mid iron and let you pitch and putt which you would get to do a lot of because I miss a lot of greens.

I have an idea Gray, we can have alternate shot for you till you get within comfortable distance so you won't stress your knee and you will still get to play. Heck, I would hit driver - mid iron and let you pitch and putt which you would get to do a lot of because I miss a lot of greens.

You da man SethO! That might be a good idea pending on what the Doc tells me November 10th. I told my physical Therepist to work my butt off and she took me serious... Maybe I will be standing tall by Nov. 12th. I sure do hope so as I always look forward to seeing my buddies and meeting new ones.

TC -- I got the keys in the mail today dude. Trust me, I will not put any undo stress on my knee. The doc hooked me up with one of the top of the line knee braces that prevents lateral movement. If I don't feel ready and the Doc says no, then I can do what Setho mentioned, be a designated wedge man and puttee. I am very confident that I can take my little 3/4 swing and enjoy myself from the up tees.

Last edited:
Well, I just realized that I made a dumb mistake and now I don't have to pull an all-nighter unless I really want to. Thanks to being an employee of the gov, I get that Thursday off for Veteran's Day.

hahahaha, see bro, you are more than welcome to drive up to mi casa thursday

Well, I just realized that I made a dumb mistake and now I don't have to pull an all-nighter unless I really want to. Thanks to being an employee of the gov, I get that Thursday off for Veteran's Day.

Great news Dirt! You really need to rest up somewhere Thursday night if possible. It's going to be a long day Friday and we want ya to remember all of it :D

hahahaha, see bro, you are more than welcome to drive up to mi casa thursday

Cool, thanks! We'll see how things pan out but that'd probably be the smart choice.

yeah it would, my bro will prob be there as well. So we will do some beer drinking. haha

yeah it would, my bro will prob be there as well. So we will do some beer drinking. haha

Dirt -- Beware dude! Those Calloway boys will get ya in trouble. Especially the old man know as Uncle Daddy :D

Hmmm... I think I could be influenced into some of that fun.

Dirt -- Beware dude! Those Calloway boys will get ya in trouble. Especially the old man know as Uncle Daddy :D

I ain't skeered!

We are harmless!!!

Back