Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
UPDATED 6/23/2014

Southern Iowa Get Together - Summer 2014
Where: The Preserve At Honey Creek. (and maybe Corydon Golf Course)
Located on beautiful Rathbun Lake, this is a links style course. It was the Golf Digest #10 Best New Public Course in 2009.
When: June 28-29
Lodging: FoxTail Cabins (current estimate is $43.50/night, actual price depends on number of people in the cabins).
Green Fees: as low as $32.25 + tax. Replay rate is $25.00 + tax. Includes cart.
*NOTE* - It turns out, you can get a 4 round punch card for $124 + $5.00 fee. You can use that card yourself, or share with others. I confirmed with the golf course that the replay rate stays the same. So here's what that means. For $61.26, you can play 36 holes in one day by taking advantage of the 4 round card offer. Without this deal, it costs $59.00 + tax for the first 18 holes, and $25.00 + tax for 18 hole replay. Deadline to purchase these cards is June 6. Link can be found here.

Want to come to this, but sad you missed the discounted rate cards? Well good news, we have 4 rounds of discounted rates available. You only need one punch per day (replay rate is cheaper than punch card rate). So hop in, post in the thread, we'll get you hooked up for one day or all days or whatever you want. Obviously, there are only 4 punches available, so supplies are limited. Jump in now to secure you're cheap golf at a great course!

Team Illinois - the artist formerly known as Prince, Rambler, manlai, Illinimick
Team Iowa - the King, sleuth, FlyingWedge
Team South-West aka Team Bulldog* - IceyShanks, bulldog, Texashacker, Woody#s

In

Friday at the Corydon Golf Club

McRock
dhartmann34
Rambler
Bulldog
Manlai
woody_74 ??
Illinimick
IceyShanks ??

Saturday 8:30-8:45 AM (at the Preserve)
Flying Wedge, Iceyshanks, Woody#s, Prince Hartmann
McRock, Rambler, Manlai, Sleuth
Illinimick, Bulldog, Texashacker

Saturday 1:30-1:45 PM
McRock, Woody#s, Bulldog, Illinimick
Texashacker, Rambler, Flying Wedge
Sleuth, Prince Hartmann, Manlai

Sunday 8:30-8:45 AM
King of Corydon (McRock), the artist formerly known as Prince (Prince Hartmann), I just want to rock and roll all night, and party everyday (Texashacker)
Rambler, Flying Wedge, Illinimick
Bulldog, Woody, Manlai

Maybe
crazygolfnut
fairband
GregZee

Unresponsive
Agent Jay
Golfever
perkis
rallo

WELCOME TO THE PARTY!!! dhartmann and I have a dream of winning the lottery and going back to college. We haven't won the lottery, but to further that dream, we are going to Frat this event up THP style by filling up a duplex cabin. Were staying in FoxTail Cabins, which is about 5 minutes from the course. Specifically, we're staying in Big Bear & Bear Cub Cabins. These cabins will hold up to 12 people, although it's only going to sleep 8 comfortably. Were gonna air mattress/sleeping bag/sleep in Flying Wedge's carpeted bed of his truck to fit the rest.

Big Bear
http://www.foxtailcabins.com/big_bear.php

Bear Cub
http://www.foxtailcabins.com/bear_cub.php

Pictures of The Preserve at Honey Creek

1385563_10151946706815629_444398436_n.jpg

1376464_10151946706760629_2055767932_n.jpg

1390739_10151946706400629_713948469_n.jpg

~Rock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post.

I'm feeling sentimental, and there are so many of you that I call friends, and golf with you guys is perhaps the best golf I have ever played (even when I don't play well, the memories will be with me to the end).

So I'm throwing out an idea, a somewhat unheard of idea. I'd like to invite any of you to play golf in Southern Iowa. We're rural, there's nothing down here. But we do have a pretty nice resort course here in South Central Iowa. And to put it bluntly, I love you guys, and I love playing golf with you, and I want to be a host to you.

So this is just a feeler...no dates in mind, just gauging interest. I'm thinking of having a Saturday and Sunday play at The Preserve at Honey Creek in South Central Iowa. The course can be found here. http://honeycreekresort.com/golf/ It's not the best course in Iowa (but it surely is top 10 public course), but it truly is a beautiful links style golf course. The resort has cabins, which if we booked out early enough, we could snag up in groups and get a pretty good per person accommodation rate. Also, there's stay and play rates with those cabins.

Just to sweeten the deal, and to try and give back to my friends, I will provide free drinks at one cabin (aka, I'll work to get a couple of cases, keg, or pony keg, depending on how many turn out). In addition, anyone that wants to play on the Friday of whatever weekend this summer is chosen, you can play with me at the Corydon Municipal golf course. It does not rent carts, but I anticipate I can track down enough carts from my friends at that course for us to borrow. (it's like, $20 for all day play). But there's more, those of you who do show up Friday can stay with me in Casa de Rock, which is free, and may or may not include a free grilled out meal with some great Iowa corn fed beef (staying at my house is wife pending, but assuming she doesn't fear it turning into an all night party, she should be ok with it). If you prefer your own room, our local Nodyroc hotel (Corydon spelled backwards, which is where I live) is dirt cheap, $40 or less per night.

It's kind of a strange possible outing, because we will be near zero major cities, but it's good golf, good people, and a great time. And seriously, I won't be offended if there's not much interest in this. I know this is the middle of nowhere.

Again, this is just a feeler, and very.....very preliminary to see if there's interest.

~Rock

Last edited:
I'm feeling sentimental, and there are so many of you that I call friends, and golf with you guys is perhaps the best golf I have ever played (even when I don't play well, the memories will be with me to the end).

So I'm throwing out an idea, a somewhat unheard of idea. I'd like to invite any of you to play golf in Southern Iowa. We're rural, there's nothing down here. But we do have a pretty nice resort course here in South Central Iowa. And to put it bluntly, I love you guys, and I love playing golf with you, and I want to be a host to you.

So this is just a feeler...no dates in mind, just gauging interest. I'm thinking of having a Saturday and Sunday play at The Preserve at Honey Creek in South Central Iowa. The course can be found here. http://honeycreekresort.com/golf/ It's not the best course in Iowa (but it surely is top 10 public course), but it truly is a beautiful links style golf course. The resort has cabins, which if we booked out early enough, we could snag up in groups and get a pretty good per person accommodation rate. Also, there's stay and play rates with those cabins.

Just to sweeten the deal, and to try and give back to my friends, I will provide free drinks at one cabin (aka, I'll work to get a couple of cases, keg, or pony keg, depending on how many turn out). In addition, anyone that wants to play on the Friday of whatever weekend this summer is chosen, you can play with me at the Corydon Municipal golf course. It does not rent carts, but I anticipate I can track down enough carts from my friends at that course for us to borrow. (it's like, $20 for all day play). But there's more, those of you who do show up Friday can stay with me in Casa de Rock, which is free, and may or may not include a free grilled out meal with some great Iowa corn fed beef (staying at my house is wife pending, but assuming she doesn't fear it turning into an all night party, she should be ok with it). If you prefer your own room, our local Nodyroc hotel (Corydon spelled backwards, which is where I live) is dirt cheap, $40 or less per night.

It's kind of a strange possible outing, because we will be near zero major cities, but it's good golf, good people, and a great time. And seriously, I won't be offended if there's not much interest in this. I know this is the middle of nowhere.

Again, this is just a feeler, and very.....very preliminary to see if there's interest.

~Rock

I would love to make it. Just have to see if I can get the weekend off. I do have vacation in the middle of May.

Put me down as interested.

I could be talked into this. Just have to work on dates, family etc. Its on my watch list.

Hmmm, this could be fun!

This would be pretty easy for me to pull off. Just have to get closer to a date to make sure it will work.

It's a maybe for me. My year is pretty booked already and have to keep the peace at home.

I'd love to jump on this. Obviously the date will determine final availability, but add me to the list as probable!

Depending on when this is, I may be game. Just a hop, skip and a jump for me.

You know I'd be in!

Sounds like a great time. Please keep us updated if this moves forward.

I'm definitely interested. Subscribing. Just got the date works

Buddy!! I didn't read anything but the title & YOU KNOW I'M THERE! !!
ok now I'll go back & read. :D :thumbup:

Depending on the dates, I might be able to make this.

I would be interested depending on dates of course. There is a Minn. get together on June 7th that can't make.

Depending on dates / times I'd be interested

Also in depending on dates.

Just giving this a warm weather bump. We'll probably start working on dates in the next couple of weeks when Spring really kicks in and all of us Midwestern people have a heavy golf fever.

~Rock

I really hope this works out for me Rock. I miss you and the Des Moines crew we had last year!

I really hope this works out for me Rock. I miss you and the Des Moines crew we had last year!

I hope so too. And just as a heads up to you and everyone else, this will not happen before Memorial Day. This will be a summer thing.

~Rock

I just picked up perfect shorts for the occasion....
nedu2yju.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Those are bright!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so u can find me while I look for my ball in the weeds! Less than five bucks a pair with my kohls coupons....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Back