Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Just replied and business counter part is in DC today checking out that project. It sounds like the scope will over ride the Iowa work, but still hopeful. Can't commit, but still very interested.

Sorry not good enough Doug. Your limo will be waiting

Sorry not good enough Doug. Your limo will be waiting

Outstanding! At least this time when you open up the door, I won't say to myself "Holy crap, this guy is going to kick the #$%# out of me!"

I've heard from enough people now to tell everyone the date. The Southern Iowa 2014 THP Gathering will take place the weekend of June 28-29. First post has been updated. I called the course and confirmed they are available. For now, I have 3 tee time slots lined up for Saturday, 8:30-8:45 and then 1:30-1:45. Then Sunday is also set up for 8:30-8:45 in the morning. Sunday afternoons are rarely busy, so we can decide later, or even that Sunday, if anyone wants to play Sunday afternoon.

Apparently, from 10AM-noon on Saturday, the Michelob Ultra Amateur tour will be rolling through, but it won't be a problem for us as it's a very small event.

We are two months away from this everyone. I'd like to start getting a head count by the end of May if possible so I can increase or decrease the tee times if necessary. Also, you should all be thinking about what you want to do for lodging. Getting lodging at the course is typically extremely difficult. In fact, right now, it appears they are completely booked up for that weekend. Probably ok, since it's also pretty expensive. Let me know what you guys think. Hotel options are in the first post.

Look forward to seeing all of you.

~Rock

Booking vacation now. I'll leave Doo Dah/ work @ 10 am. Friday. 5 1/2-6 hr drive

If we can pick either motel it works for me. Just all stay in the same is where the funs at.

As for the hotels, here's what I'll say. The Nodyroc in corydon is plenty cheap. We have ONE nice restaurant in town. If we stay at the Motel 8 or whatever is over in Centerville, that town has options for food, McDonalds, Taco Bell, plus about 8 other restaurants (and a really great ice cream place). We will not have that option in Corydon. Saturday night dinner probably won't be a big deal since we may just eat at the resort where the course is, but some people like breakfast. I guess we do have a diner here in town where breakfast is the only good thing it does.

~Rock

I'm a simple man. Lil dinner of fast food works.

As a reminder. For people who want to arrive Friday, my home course is 9 holes of municipal glory, measuring at 2355 yards. I think its $25, whether you play 9 holes or 54, it's just $25.00. If we get enough to show up, I'm in tight with the golf board and they'll cut us a deal on green fees even. There is no club house, and therefore no cart rental. However, I have my own cart, and I can line up 2 others with ease. If we need more carts, it shouldn't be a problem. My town has a population of 1000. I personally know most people at the golf course.

~Rock

Anyone know anything about these two places to stay:
http://rathbunlakemarinas.com/

http://greygooseinn.net/

For the marina hotel, it is old, poorly built, can be noisy, and it costs twice what it is actually worth. If we had enough people, it could be a fun option since it is next to a nice 'bar food' restaurant, and its probably about 8 minutes away from the course. I've never stayed at the Grey Goose Inn, but I know where it is at. It is in the only spot on Rathbun Lake that they let homes get built. It is mostly old and retired people. Probably a nice place to stay, but don't expect to be spending all night outside partying is my guess.

It has been a long time since I was in the Marina hotel, so maybe it has changed, but I doubt it.

~Rock

For the marina hotel, it is old, poorly built, can be noisy, and it costs twice what it is actually worth. If we had enough people, it could be a fun option since it is next to a nice 'bar food' restaurant, and its probably about 8 minutes away from the course. I've never stayed at the Grey Goose Inn, but I know where it is at. It is in the only spot on Rathbun Lake that they let homes get built. It is mostly old and retired people. Probably a nice place to stay, but don't expect to be spending all night outside partying is my guess.

It has been a long time since I was in the Marina hotel, so maybe it has changed, but I doubt it.

~Rock
I figured they'd be a bit closer to the course.

This is such a close get together that I don't really want to miss this, however I don't have much of a choice. The weekend prior to this is my youngest daughter's 4th Birthday, and as such I'm taking that weekend off. I don't get 2 weekends off in a row, just doesn't work for me at my job. Unless one of you want to explain to my 4 year old why Daddy can't be home for her 4th birthday party because he's has to work, so he can play golf the following weekend? What? No takers? lol

Have fun though, guys!

This is such a close get together that I don't really want to miss this, however I don't have much of a choice. The weekend prior to this is my youngest daughter's 4th Birthday, and as such I'm taking that weekend off. I don't get 2 weekends off in a row, just doesn't work for me at my job. Unless one of you want to explain to my 4 year old why Daddy can't be home for her 4th birthday party because he's has to work, so he can play golf the following weekend? What? No takers? lol

Have fun though, guys!

Yea, that's the unfortunate breaks of these types of things. It's impossible to fit everyone's schedule. Family comes first and we all understand that. Hope we get to tee it up another time!

~Rock

I figured they'd be a bit closer to the course.

It's worth a shot really. Once we have a better idea of how many are coming. The marina hotel only has like, 12 rooms, so we could just own and dominate it.

~Rock

It's worth a shot really. Once we have a better idea of how many are coming. The marina hotel only has like, 12 rooms, so we could just own and dominate it.

~Rock
Sounds good!

I would too, I can schedule some business in Kansas City before hand, then I could follow you up or we could car pool.

I would be all over this

Rock I don't know how I missed this, but as of right now I plan on being there. I am leaving for Hawii tomorrow, but will talk to the wife and put in some vacation when we get back. I will just throw your name out with my boss since her husband is related to your wife which should work to get some time off. I also dated a girl from Centerville for like four years that ended badly so I would prefer to stay out of that town as much as possible :).

Rock I don't know how I missed this, but as of right now I plan on being there. I am leaving for Hawii tomorrow, but will talk to the wife and put in some vacation when we get back. I will just throw your name out with my boss since her husband is related to your wife which should work to get some time off. I also dated a girl from Centerville for like four years that ended badly so I would prefer to stay out of that town as much as possible :).

Sweet. Look forward to seeing you here. Sounds to me like Centerville is the new favorite spot for a hotel choice.

Kidding, of course.

~Rock

Looking forward to seeing him or motel ? :p

Looking forward to seeing Woody, of course. Just so long as he doesn't attempt to kill me in the golf cart. He knows what I'm talking about on that one.

Personally, I think it should be our goal to find this lady of centerville and try to resolve these ill feelings. Get some closure on the situation. Can't be going through life with grudges and bad feelings.

~Rock

Looking forward to seeing Woody, of course. Just so long as he doesn't attempt to kill me in the golf cart. He knows what I'm talking about on that one.

Personally, I think it should be our goal to find this lady of centerville and try to resolve these ill feelings. Get some closure on the situation. Can't be going through life with grudges and bad feelings.

~Rock
Remember golf carts are open for a reason, and we will not be finding this lady as I don't want to remember those times of ill judgement.

Back