SouthSide woes... finding a place to test and fit clubs (ATL)

Yahash

Reaction score
Handicap
I am hoping this is the more appropriate thread.

For all you ATL area folks, is there anything on the southside for fitting or testing clubs? Making the 1-2 hour trip to Kennesaw/SandySprings/SugarLoaf, etc. is a bit rough. Closest thing to me is technically Edwin Watts in Buckhead area, but thats still a haul.

Anyone know of a gem that I dont???

Really would like to get my hands on some of the new stuff out there before heading into a fitting at Club Champion in Sandy Springs.

Man, I don’t know a ton about he southside to be honest. If my dad were still active I’d go to him but he’s retired. Frankly, I avoid the big stores around here. I’d do Club Champion or the Golf Doctor. Cool Clubs used to be a good outdoor option but they are indoor as well now. If you find something cool let us know. @DMoney79 and @Thinnedit84 are south.

For the kind of fitting your speaking of there is no such place. Atlanta is your best option. It’s sad but that’s the truth Club Champion or such is going to be the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the kind of fitting your speaking of there is no such place. Atlanta is your best option. It’s sad but that’s the truth Club Champion or such is going to be the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Btw Heron Bay is part public now. You can book on GolfNow.

There's Dana Upshaw ( think he is still active) in Warner Robins but that's still likely an hour +

Dana Upshaw sold his business.
IIRC, he was doing some limited work out of his personal workshop, but that's a different topic. His old shop is now called the Golf Improvement Center, and I believe they carry clubs from the major golf companies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I do have a fitting with club champion next week for my irons. Got a free fitting from Amex. I will just keep looking for demo days and make the trip up to ATL.

Thanks guys. I do have a fitting with club champion next week for my irons. Got a free fitting from Amex. I will just keep looking for demo days and make the trip up to ATL.

Tell me about free Amex Club Champion fittings?

Tell me about free Amex Club Champion fittings?

I have the Delta Reserve AMEX card. They sent me a promo for a free driver or iron fitting. Considering I don’t put my driver into play at all, it made sense to go irons for now. I would recommend the card, and if you don’t have it PM me as we can both get a bonus on a referral. (I put as much business through it as possible.)

Back