Soxy plays the Precept IQPlus

soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
"I'll be playing a pink lady today."
"That little pink ball supposed to intimidate me?"
"Not unless I knock it by you."

I played 63 holes of golf over the past 3 days, all with the Precept Lady's IQ Plus. Before I start my review, I have noticed in the other three review a lot of the guys saying "this would be great for my wife" or for slower swing speeds. My swing speed is 85, so not all that slow and I play men's regular clubs.

I have recently been playing the Bridgestone 330RX for my $$$ ball and the Siroxon ADD 330 for my cheaper balls. I have also recently played with the Titleist NXT and ProV1.

Driving: Initially they came off my club with a very low trajectory. However, after the first few drives I started to love this ball off the tee. I actually think I gained about 5-10 yards and was extremely accurate. It produced a great ball flight and was as straight as could be. I ended up winning longest drive for both days over the weekend using these balls.

Iron play: I wasn't crazy with how they felt coming off my irons. Almost as if they were a little heavy. I think just something that I have to get used to, no real complaints though. I felt they held the greens very well from the fairway.

Greens: They actually checked up nicely on the greens and I had to adjust my chipping/pitching to accommodate for this as I was initially hitting the ball too short. I agree with Claire about putting. The first round was pretty ugly as I was coming up short on almost every putt. However, by my last round I really felt I was getting a good roll. The greens I was playing on were not in great shape, so that makes it tough to judge as well.

Pink: The pink came in handy. We play a game during our Friday round where we can't lose a ball that is rotated throughout the foursome. On one hole I went through the fairway (which was a long way away, thanks for the extra distance) and lost my ball in some nasty woods. I refuse to lose a ball during this game so I went into the woods to start digging. The pink ended up standing out and was much easier to find than a white ball. This is even true in the fairway, especially when we were playing a scramble, you always know which is your ball.

My overall impression: Are these out yet and can I get a full box? I have never played "women's" balls before and would not have thought that they would improve things like my distance off the tee, but I am completely sold. Especially at this price. I am a fan of the Bridgestone 330RX too, but can't afford them. Honestly, I liked these just as much. Like JB has said, I encourage everyone to try these balls!

Thanks GG and JB for letting me give these a try!:blob::blob:

My overall impression: Are these out yet and can I get a full box?

Great review, Soxy! I found them at Dick's this past week - $19.99/doz.

Good to hear that Bridgestone has another hit on their hands. I'm getting more tempted to try these out just based on the constant "they flew very straight" comments in all the reviews so far. My swingspeed is a bit higher (~106) but if they fly straight and perform well, I'd be curious to see how they fly compared to the e7+ I usually have in my bag.

Great review Soxy. Im with you. I have been playing the clear and white ones for 2 weeks now and love them. At $20 a dozen they may be my gamer for a while. They came out last week, so you will be able to jump on them now/soon.

what range of swing speed do you think can use these?

Probably up to 100, but they are ideal for up to 90. My swing speed is normally around 95 on the tee and get it up to about 105 once or twice a round and I really enjoyed these.

Back