Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
How important are your specs to you? I will admit to not caring for a long time. Now I make sure they are where I want them. I check lie angles, lofts,

I checked some wedges today after I did some club work on some wedges. They seemed off so I checked loft and lie.

They were spot on for lie but a one was 3 degrees off for loft. I didn’t check them before I did the shaft change so I cannot blame the manufacturer. The second wedges was right on.

I am not really sure I makes a difference to my over all game and performance but i don’t think it hurts either.

It’s important to me. I’ve seen how far offline shots can get for me when they are too far off with lie angle.

I don’t think SW is too big of a deal as long as it’s within a point or two of what you are used to. But I’m sure everyone is different.

The biggest factor for me has always been whether the shaft fits me. If it doesn’t I can’t swing my normal swing and things go sideways fast.

Honestly, I've never once had any of the specs checked on my clubs. I just order them and play what they send me, trusting that they did it right. I'm not a club builder/tinkerer and don't have any of the equipment to check them myself, so I'd have to take them to a shop and it's just never been a priority for me to do it.

I agree that it can't hurt to do it, although I'm not sure how much, if any, effect it would have on my game unless they were way off.

I get mine rechecked every so often. I also always have new sets checked. It would shock you how often and far off sets are even when custom ordered. I am not sure I have gotten a set from anyone yet that was right throughout.

Used to be. Not anymore. Unless the flight visually or the yardage is way off, i dont get it checked often

Important.

Initially, I make sure they're right where I think I want them. Then after putting them in play for a bit I adjust according to the flights and data. Once they're dialed in I check them after a while, after about 50 rounds, or if I've made a swing adjustment that's showing up in them.

Shaft length is really important to me as a 6’5” golfer, I’d really be putting myself at a disadvantage if I didn’t play longer shafts. And that of course ties into lie angle too so I have to take that seriously. I’ve got a much faster than average swing so I have to carefully consider flex too... if I was average height/build/strength I don’t think I’d obsess over specs but I have no choice so yes it’s really important to me.

How important are your specs to you? I will admit to not caring for a long time. Now I make sure they are where I want them. I check lie angles, lofts,

I checked some wedges today after I did some club work on some wedges. They seemed off so I checked loft and lie.

They were spot on for lie but a one was 3 degrees off for loft. I didn’t check them before I did the shaft change so I cannot blame the manufacturer. The second wedges was right on.

I am not really sure I makes a difference to my over all game and performance but i don’t think it hurts either.
I've always felt like it was an advantage to not have questions about your equipment.

I've never had my clubs checked. I've never been bothered really. My game isn't good enough or consistent enough for me to even tell the difference if something like loft was off on one of my clubs.:confused2:

It’s important enough that I bought a Mitchell loft and lie machine. ;)

So like every month you check them?

no not that often.. that’s crazy.. haha. But I will check them every year and I check them if I change anything.

no not that often.. that’s crazy.. haha. But I will check them every year and I check them if I change anything.

I was just joking with O&S there....

It would be neat to see what my actual specs are compared to what the website and fittings said, but I am guessing like most never checked.

Back