Speed Trap from Eyeline Golf

-CRW-

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this? I searched and didn't find anything on THP. I like the premise, especially with the rods, but just don't think it's worth $100 bucks.

http://www.eyelinegolf.com/products/speed-trap

6_1024x1024.jpg

Not sure I would spend $100 on this either, honestly. I like the premise of the product, but this is something anyone could make at home or on the range with some tall tees, or basic drills.

Agree don't see spending $100 on that. a couple tees (preferably the THP logo'd Epoch" would do the same thing for you if hitting off grass practice area.

Anyone have one of these for sale for use in my basement area? Don't feel like dropping $175 CDN for a new one.

Oooh, "speed rods".....can I get these for my car?

My old golf teacher has one. It's great to learn to keep from coming OTT. However, I had issues with lifting up to avoid the plastic at the bottom.

What are the "posts" made of? if they are foam this could be made extremely easy with a cut up pool noodle and a few tees.

What are the "posts" made of? if they are foam this could be made extremely easy with a cut up pool noodle and a few tees.

They are made of foam with Velcro at the bottom. Should be good videos on their website. Check EBay, I have seen them there.

I have one of these, and when ever my swing gets out of sorts (I fight an OTT move), one range session with this normally gets me fixed up. Great training aid.

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one. Love it. Always gets me back in line :)

Anyone still using one of these? I'd like to get something like this but I don't feel like spending 100 bucks. I'm sure I can rig a setup somehow to work on preventing coming over the top.

Anyone still using one of these? I'd like to get something like this but I don't feel like spending 100 bucks. I'm sure I can rig a setup somehow to work on preventing coming over the top.

I bought mine on eBay from someone who apparently sells a lot of them. It was about $79. Don't buy on Amazon - parts are missing - common complaint - I sent the one from Amazon back and eBay'd it.

The new one have tethers so when you hit the red thing, instead of going 15 yards down the range, it's tied to the tether. Nice addition. My club path tends to go from in to out - this helps remind me of my natural tendency - I think "cut."

It's a training aid that does work.

for those still looking, you can get these on ebay for around $50 even from US sellers. Got mine fast. My buddy bought his from Amazon and it came with a carrying bag, but otherwise identical (his was $60). That being said, it hasn't helped me yet, but that's because i'm constantly over the top--but once i figure that out, i look forward to using this.

for those still looking, you can get these on ebay for around $50 even from US sellers. Got mine fast. My buddy bought his from Amazon and it came with a carrying bag, but otherwise identical (his was $60). That being said, it hasn't helped me yet, but that's because i'm constantly over the top--but once i figure that out, i look forward to using this.

Bought my first one on Amazon and it was missing several of the rods - returned it, and went eBay - where it arrived new and with all parts.

Blast from the past. Just ordered one of these through my HS acct for the team as I'm looking for another visual to help the kids train path that isn't alignment rods. Easier for them to set up consistently more than anything.

Will update as it goes, once it arrives of course.

Speed Trap 2.0 came in this morning. Hoping to work with it this week myself and with some kids on it. Will report back as I get some time on it.

Speed Trap 2.0 came in this morning. Hoping to work with it this week myself and with some kids on it. Will report back as I get some time on it.

I’ll be waiting for your feedback. As someone who struggles with coming over the top, I feel that this could be beneficial.

My 1.0 has been sitting in the garage for over a year. I started using it when I set up my sim but honestly now I can get the same setup with a couple of head covers and a wet rag.

My 1.0 has been sitting in the garage for over a year. I started using it when I set up my sim but honestly now I can get the same setup with a couple of head covers and a wet rag.
While I don't disagree with the ability to get the same feedback, the visual is much more effective in setups like this most times, and honestly thats where much of the effectiveness of the training aids exists. I know for my kids, they'll get way more out of this with the foam pegs than they would headcovers.

While I don't disagree with the ability to get the same feedback, the visual is much more effective in setups like this most times, and honestly thats where much of the effectiveness of the training aids exists. I know for my kids, they'll get way more out of this with the foam pegs than they would headcovers.

Do you find the kids have much more of a hesitant swing? I found that I was so worried about hitting the plastic that my swing was tight and hesitant.

Do you find the kids have much more of a hesitant swing? I found that I was so worried about hitting the plastic that my swing was tight and hesitant.
We have a small session on it yesterday, and initially yes, but with time it rewires their focus. I love the plastic being there because it gives a true harsh feedback, IMO that can be very beneficial.

We have a small session on it yesterday, and initially yes, but with time it rewires their focus. I love the plastic being there because it gives a true harsh feedback, IMO that can be very beneficial.

Yes. It would vibrate up my hands into my spine. Not a good feeling.

I realize that I could achieve the same thing with headcovers or with a couple of water bottles placed in certain locations. However, I remain interested in this type of training aid because I feel that my mind receives a better visual from this aid with its foam pylons.

I realize that I could achieve the same thing with headcovers or with a couple of water bottles placed in certain locations. However, I remain interested in this type of training aid because I feel that my mind receives a better visual from this aid with its foam pylons.
Visuals are critical, I've become more and more a fan of them in improving the golf swing.

Back