Spiked vs Spikeless?

Midman03

Reaction score
Looking at picking up a new pair of shoes. Wondering to go spiked or spikeless. Currently looking at the FJ Pro SL and Addidas Tour360 XT, both spikeless. Any opinions on these or other recommendations?

I like spiked in thick grass or any manner of wet conditions. Spikeless are great on warm, dry days. At least, that’s my preference.

FWIW, my spiked pair are UA Spieth model, and spikeless are Adidas CodeChaos.

Both have their advantages. If the round is any kind of important to me. I wear spikes.

Looking at the exact same shoes. Also contemplating the Tour 360 XT spiked.

I play spikeless and don't have any problem. I have not tried spiked so my opinion is a little biased.

I just switched over to spikeless due to trying to walk most of my rounds and my first few with spikes had my feet killing me at the end of 18. If I was going to be in a cart, I might go back to spikes, but not sure, am really enjoying spikeless right now.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

I have both. Adidas Adizero for wet grass. Puma NXT Ignite Disc for dry days.

I have the footjoy freestyle...couple years old but great shoes. Very comfortable.

I wish we still had the metal spikes...maybe not the best for the course i guess but I loved the grip

Always spikeless

I have the Adidas Tour360 xt sl spike less. Honestly probably the most comfortable golf shoes i've ever had. The grip is good too.

I have been wearing Adidas shoes with rubber spikes for quite a while. The grip is great but but they into the ground a bit more than I would like and they aren't the best to walk in. With deciding to walk a lot more lately, I'm going to transition to spikeless.

100% spikeless here. I don't miss slipping around on spikes on concrete, having to use vise grips to replace them when they're welded in place from dirt and grass, randomly losing spikes when they twist out of the shoes, etc. I very seldom play in wet conditions, so spikeless give me plenty of traction and they're more comfortable to boot. Added plus is that I can wear them to/from the course and not have to mess around with changing shoes.

I have multiple pairs of both and I prefer spikeless for comfort but I can't wear them all the time here in the pacific northwest. Too much rain and they slip a lot. Also... waiting for my pair of 360XT AND 360 XT Spikeless to arrive :)

Personally I have found Adidas shoes to be the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever worn, to the point that one pair I once tried I couldn't even stand in them, let alone walk
I know a few people who have Footjoy shoes (my wife has a pair on order) and they love them

I have 2 pairs of Puma shoes, a spikeless Ignite NXT Disc and the newer PWRADAPT Caged spike shoes and they are ridiculously comfortable for me

Like anything, go try as many as you can and see what is the most comfortable for you

I have both and wear spikes when we have wet ground, which means most early morning rounds and spikeless for dry days.

Prefer spikeless, especially since I walk all of my rounds. If you walk a lot, check out True Linkswear's collection.

I walk 98% of my rounds and have been contemplating spikeless, but I have very active feet so i'm a little nervous spikeless won't have enough traction for me.

My feet are oddly proportioned and I have bunions plus very high arches so I can't be too picky about the style of golf shoes. Anything I find that fits, is comfortable and supports my arches without squeezing the bunions will suffice.

But I only buy spiked golf shoes if I absolutely can't find suitable spikeless ones. The spikes collect grass and mud, make footing uncertain on hard surfaces and just aren't necessary. I currently own three pairs of spikeless shoes and one pair with spikes so I basically never have to wear the spikes.

I prefer spiked for just about any conditions.

I wore spikeless probably 90% of my rounds last year. This year though I've only worn spikes.

I wear spikeless most of the time except on crappy weather days. Being in Michigan I need to have both

Spikeless are great in dry conditions, but after slipping one time in dew you will want spikes. I go both ways and usually have both pair in the truck when traveling to a course.

Back