Spikes or Spikeless - Defend

I like spikeless...I can wear them to and from the golf course, with a few stops in between. I don't notice any difference in gripping, and there are no spikes to struggle with when they need to be replaced.

Spikes - tried spikeless - and even when playing with others on wet grass you can hear their foot slipping - I mean how can you be to grippy??

Spikes - tried spikeless - and even when playing with others on wet grass you can hear their foot slipping - I mean how can you be to grippy??

That’s interesting. I’ve worn spikeless a lot in the last few years, and unless the ground is REALLY soggy I’ve never had an issue. I usually have a pair of each, and for sloppy rounds I’ll wear the spikes, but even on damp grass I’ve never slipped in spikeless

Both. It's about conditions for me.

Here in Ohio, if you wear spikeless it better be a dry spell in August. I have an old pair of trues that are pristine because they don't get worn. I would love to try spikeless again but most times I'm playing its pretty damp in am or soggy tee boxes. Maybe it was the design of the soles that were problematic. It left a bad taste.

Although, a more agressive sole I had in a pair of aididas boost spikeless have worked out better but the rubber spikes are more pronounced than the flat sole of Trues.

That being said had luck with Adidas so I would try the codechaos or a spikeless will h a more agressive sole. Reccomendations here are always interesting and appreciated!?6a810af5-4cd4-4335-9299-57c5464dbd39_1.0ea21c34a4138e08ae8ac8de86884a90.jpeg

You could be right - I only tried spikeless once - and they sit in the garage, even though they are super comfy - just like the feeling of digging in - I play a lot of munis where the conditions/grass are pretty poor

Spikes all the way.

One time I tried some Puma spikeless, extremely light, easy steps, but one slip and I said no thanks.

I'm sure spikeless is much improved these days and I'm sure plenty of people don't slip. But I prefer spikes and see no reason to change.

I need traction, whether the spikes are removable/replaceable is not of importance.
Favorite shoe to date was the adidas gripmore, i wouldnt consider those spikeless.

current shoes are the FJ superlite xp, very comfortable.
Again, not replaceable but have plenty of 'spikes'.

t-greygreen-x.jpg

both and i switch at whim. about the only time I go spiked exclusively is when I know the course is going to be wet/soft. otherwise it just depends on the day, whats closest when im grabbing shoes (i also dont match shoes to outfits), my mood, etc

Soft spikes. It's all I have. I still miss metal spikes occasionally. Not sure how the pros can get away with wearing them on the courses they play but they're better than I am. Look out, maybe the USGA will change the rules to spikeless only because Webb Simpson hits the ball too far because he's got too much grip:ROFLMAO:

I was strictly spikeless until this discussion came up earlier. It prompted me to consider having at least one pair of soft spikes. So my newest pair has spikes. I don't expect to wear them a lot, but if they turn out to be better than I thought I may change my tune.

Bought a pair of spikeless. Haven't tried them out on the course yet.

I prefer my golf shoes to have spikes for traction. Some of them have removable spikes and some of them have them molded into the outer sole, but I don't think I'd like a true spikeless shoe to play golf in.

It’s got a ridiculous name, but I do like the Nike ‘Articulated Integrated Traction’ sole (the moulded fins) on the Lunar Controls. Technically it’s spineless but it certainly has as much, if not more grip than spikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spikeless. We don't get much wet/soggy in AZ, and I must not have very active feet in my swing because slipping has never been a problem for me. I like being able to wear them to/from the course, and spikeless are just more comfortable to me.

I also don't miss screwing around with digging out old, worn out spikes that were virtually glued into place from dirt, grass and impact/twist forces. Changing spikes was always an exercise in frustration. Nor do I miss skidding around like ice skates on smooth concrete before/after the round. The old metal spikes were really bad for that, but some of the harder plastic spikes did it too - especially when they were brand-new.

I have actually never tried spikeless but it's top of my equipment wishlist.

Back