Spouses/partners and golf

About five months in to dating my fiance (been together three years now) I took her mini golfing while we were on a trip for my coaching duties. Let's just say she was not a golf lover after that. Fast forward to now and she's seen how much I love playing. She said she wants to take "lessons" this summer. I quote lessons because it's called "Wine and Wedges". It's only for women and I don't know how much learning actually goes on but it is definitely a start and I'm happy to have her even be interested in it!

Regarding THP, she thinks I'm silly for being so excited to be on this website but is completely supportive of everything I do. I talk her ear off about all the experiences I enter and how cool it would be to win. She just nods and smiles at me while I do that :LOL:

Last edited:
Mrs. Reject has reluctantly started golfing with me. She would rather be running, but has arthritis issues. She also has a ladies 9 hole league she really enjoys so that is nice!!

my wife enjoys golfing and I love that.

I introduced my wife to golf almost 15 years ago. For a couple of years she played maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
Then the addiction hit her as bad as I have it. She now plays as often as possible, has become the president of the ladies league at our home course and plans all of our vacation trips around golf.

My wife doesn't have interest in golf. She lets me do my thing as long as I don't play too much. I'm guessing that is probably more than a couple of times per month.:( She just kind of chuckles at my golf obsession. I was away from it for a while but it's bitten me again. I want all new equipment but there's little chance of that happening. It is what it is and it's better than nothing.

My wife play's and loves it. She has a lesson every other week and we go practice at least once or twice a week. She is putting in the effort to improve and is doing great. She shot a 46 on the nine holes we played last weekend which is a pretty tough desert course. She is not into the gear like i am but she likes the clothes lol.

My wife is a fanatic! She loves golf and we play together at least once a week. She has a great long game and putts well. Almost all of our vacations revolve around golf! I am blessed!!

My wife and I play three times a week and have been doing this since we retired some thirty years ago.

My wife does not play normal golf. By that I mean she doesn't play the ball from tee to green. She just putts the ball for her par.

What ever par is for that hole, that's her target score after dropping a ball at a point on the green farthest from the flag pin.

She started doing this when she wanted to just ride along. We ran into courses who said she could ride, only if she had her own clubs. The first time thisnhappened, we actually rented her a set of clubs, just so she could ride with me.

She now has her own bag of clubs that contains a5i, 8i, wedge, and a putter. She only uses the putter.

When we play together the competition is my tee to green game, vs her putting game.

She supports my playing golf whole heartedly because of these lovenly, some what heated competitions.

Nope, my wife hates & so does our daughter. My wife was turned off it by her father who is a perfectionist with a passion for it & tried to teach her at an early age, which turned out horribly. She does support my love for it, especially now that I've been really bitten by the golf bug. We've come to an agreement for Sat. mornings, that since she like to sleep in & I get up early that this is a perfect time for me to go golf.

Indifference is the word the comes to mind when the subject of golf comes up. She has no objection to my golfing obsession or being on THP all the time. Heck it's taken her most of our 35 years together for to be come a Cub's fan. :D

My Wife was never interested in golf, until about five years ago when a team building exercise at work decided the group should go play golf. She asked me to walk her through the basics so she at least somewhat knew what she was doing. I found a set of used ladies clubs and a bag at a thrift store, and that's what she used. Turned out, she had so much fun that day that she wanted to start playing regularly. She even got me to sign up for lessons with her at the local Golf Galaxy. We both bought new clubs a couple years ago, and we try to play as often as possible. Since we live 40 miles from our hometown friends, who also golf, we play more often with each other than we do with others. She's my golf buddy now, and I don't hate that.

She's already been talking about this season, and is determined to play more than we have been.

We participated in two LIITA events and had a great time.
Wife has played several rounds over the years and has just joined me out on the course during a round. She prefers to sleep in than join for a early round, but does not mind when I go play.

Man! This is awesome that some of you play golf with your wives. I wish mine was interested but I understand that she isn't. She's got some physical issues that wouldn't really allow her to play anyway... like hip pain, knee pain, degenerative discs in her lower back... plus she's just not interested.

I don't think I could even get her to drive the cart. It's just not her thing. But! As long as she doesn't complain about me buying golf stuff every once in a while, all's well..

My wife doesn't golf, has no interest in it. She's not athletic and doesn't have the attention span to focus on it for 3-4 hours. She had fun when we went to TopGolf and would gladly go again, but no interest in actually taking up the game. She fully supports my golf addiction though - encourages me to play as much as I want to, never complains about it, and doesn't object when I buy new golf stuff. We're both completely okay with having our own things and not pushing the other to become involved in them.

My wife talks about playing as she did a little growing up. I’ve seen her swing and she has a lot of work to do if she wants to get out there.

I would be open to playing with her if I got a chance to play more than I do now but at only a round or two a month that I get now I can’t risk it

No she doesn’t ... and she has never played any ball games. I play with seven other guys on a regular basis and only one has a wife that plays. I envy him that.

My wife tried a couple times and it's not for her. She enjoys that I have a passion for it but no desire to play again.

My wife tried a few times, but after 4 neck surgeries and two back surgeries, it is out of the question for her now. She will occasionally come out and ride in the cart. The only time she will raise an eyebrow about me playing is when I've been working away from home for several months, and make plans to meet up at the course with my friends a little too soon.

My wife and I play together. She's new to it and not great at it, but she likes it. She already spends a LOT of her down time doing things that actively frustrate her (games, speed puzzles, etc), so a more physical based one is probably good for her and she showed interest when I took it up again. That turned into her be very supportive of my golf pursuits and as it reached a point where it was becoming too much for her I felt it best to encourage her own interest in it. Outfits and gear are pretty easy hooks. So sometimes she just wants to wear the cute shoes and use her new ______ (insert club), or just drink, drive the cart, and heckle me, and other times she wants to work on her swing or scoring. We have fun. It's probably good for me to play with her too, because it's hard to take my stuff too seriously when I do.

My wife has zero interest in golf, and that’s probably a good thing for both of us. She’s all good with me playing. Pretty much every significant purchase I’ve made has because she talked me into it.

Played in a 2-man tournament a few weeks ago and we played some practice holes with a father-son combo. The son is around 30 and fits the definition of long and crooked. We're walking off a green and I picked up a wedge and handed it to him. I noticed a tight wear pattern on the wedge (which I didn't expect) and made a comment. He gave a sheepish smile and said it's his wife's club. Dang! Apparently, she's a 4. Her brother played 4 years at Oregon. Needless to say, he married into a very serious golf family. They told a story about golfing when she was 8 month pregnant. She played from the forward tee and almost beat both of them. I asked if he golfs much with his wife. Another sheepish grin before saying he likes playing with his dad more because his wife crushes him from the same tee box.

My wife is my main playing partner. She has the same club addition as I do, so all is good, I just need to get ride of some clubs before buying more. (y)

I bought Linda a set of clubs not long after we started dating. Early on she took a set lessons that put her on the right path. Over the last eight years we’ve played many times locally and on vacations. She has already played a couple of times this year but I have to remind myself not to torture he with the foul weather golf my brother and I enjoy so much.

Last edited:
she can, has clubs, but doesn't care for it like i do. She is more of a gamer

Back