Spring Creek golf course in Hershey PA

golfguy2021

Reaction score
I am going to Hershey PA this weekend and there is a 9 holes golf course in Hershey PA called Spring Creek. Anyone in THP played there before and can comment on it?

TIA

I am going to Hershey PA this weekend and there is a 9 holes golf course in Hershey PA called Spring Creek. Anyone in THP played there before and can comment on it?

TIA
Sure thing, I have a frequent player card there. It’s a short and entertaining course with most of the par 4’s being drivable if you’re feeling aggressive. They have carts and push carts available, the course is super walkable. It’s owned by Hershey Country Club and was closed all of last year so they’re still getting it back into shape. The fairways are cut and the greens are in decent shape (although slow). A few tee boxes need some work and they don’t have all of the bunkers back in play yet, but it’s getting there. Photos below are holes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9.
94B597A3-1A46-4C6C-89EF-E1A1CD6CA818.jpeg
1CF6EC98-4C8A-4BFB-A1C1-3D4638914301.jpeg9F5819FE-762D-463F-BD00-CD11643D6FBE.jpeg90CBD956-305C-40F0-9F3B-A83E9BCF3956.jpeg4F805DFF-9E5D-4106-92BC-F83A9B5B5B96.jpegD5EA90B4-BA65-4708-9D9F-485DF3ECF4C5.jpeg9DE079B5-3C17-4A91-9C78-ED7F63C18077.jpeg

Pretty much. It’s a fun option and the closest one to downtown Hershey although there are a few 18 hole courses in the area as well.

@RealPretendPsychic: Can you point me to a few public 18 holes golf courses in the Hershey area? One of my nephew will be competing in the tennis tournaments in Hershey this weekend and I would like to play golf with my other nephew.

@RealPretendPsychic: Can you point me to a few public 18 holes golf courses in the Hershey area? One of my nephew will be competing in the tennis tournaments in Hershey this weekend and I would like to play golf with my other nephew.
Dauphin Highlands is the closest one that I’d recommend. Course is fun, but pace of play is usually brutal. Deer Valley is also close, generally in good shape, a nice easy course, but also has pace issues. A little further east you have Royal Oaks, which is generally in good shape and pace of play is good. Iron Valley also a bit further east is by far the most fun course in the area, but more expensive. Sunset, Par Line, and Fairview are the last few courses, but they’re not great. Armitage is across the river to the west and was in good shape when I played it last year.

Glad to see this thread, as I will be in Cleona PA next month, (8th - 11th) which I believe is near Hershey.

I might check that 9 holer out.

Cleona is about 25 minutes from Hershey. You'll only be like less than 10 minutes from Royal Oaks and 20 or so from Iron Valley

That 9 hole course was great for me and my then 10 year old son back in the day. Family friendly for sure.

That 9 hole course was great for me and my then 10 year old son back in the day. Family friendly for sure.
They have a foot golf course now too, which my dad is dying to play 😆

That is a nice looking 9 hole course.

I played @spring Creek on Saturday afternoon with my nephew. It is a nice executive course with one exception:

The first hole is very dangerously close to Chocolate Avenue. Someone can really hook the ball to the left and that ball will land on the street with incoming traffics. You're talking about a disaster waiting to happen. That golf ball can go through the car windshield and kill someone. I am not kidding.

The pro there told me that it happened a few times last year, and fortunately the ball didn't hit any cars. To me, that's really scary.

Other than that, I love the golf course. it is very well maintained. Will definitely go back. (y)

I played @spring Creek on Saturday afternoon with my nephew. It is a nice executive course with one exception:

The first hole is very dangerously close to Chocolate Avenue. Someone can really hook the ball to the left and that ball will land on the street with incoming traffics. You're talking about a disaster waiting to happen. That golf ball can go through the car windshield and kill someone. I am not kidding.

The pro there told me that it happened a few times last year, and fortunately the ball didn't hit any cars. To me, that's really scary.

Other than that, I love the golf course. it is very well maintained. Will definitely go back. (y)
Its a terrifying first hole. I usually aim right side of the fairway for that reason! I’ve never been in the road on #1, but I have put one long right on #9 into the road.
2A375F42-C478-4124-A171-F46B1568D390.jpeg

Back