MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
Hey guys/gals. Do you ever mot wear DriFit type clothing when it's colder out, say low 50's with some decent wind? Today is one of those days here and I'm wearing cotton material shirt/sweater with rain gear in the bag, just in case I need more layers. Anyway, just wondering coz it feels weird not wearing my normal DriFit clothing for golf. I feel like I'm going in the office. LoL

I still wear my drifit/wicket materials during the colder days. I just keep warm by wearing more layers.

I wear it no matter the weather. As Ghost said, just add a base layer or a light sweater or vest.

I wear it no matter just add the correct amount of layers for the temp or vary the material of the base layer.

like everyone has said....layers layers layers

wear mine all the time, no matter the weather, just matters on how many layers

I don't wear cotton because I'm a sweater regardless of the weather. If it's a chilly day I'll wear an under layer of under armor. That usually keeps me nice and warm.

I was warm for the whole round last Wed. I normally wear a DriFit Nike combat longsleeves, then a regular DriFit shirt, then layer with a windbreaker or two if need be. I wanted to try something new. It was alright since it was mid 40's by the time we got done. Shot a 90 with two birdies. My normal score is low to mid 90's. I hope it doesn't get too cold again. LoL. I don't like wearing layers when playing.

Layering is the answer, but i know what you mean...that's why i'm relocating to a warmer place to play year around.

Layering is the answer, but i know what you mean...that's why i'm relocating to a warmer place to play year around.

That would probably be the best thing to do. Haha

I was a runner and cyclist for a few decades on the east coast thus have a lot of "seasonal" gear which I use regularly on the golf course since I don't have golf specific threads.

I wear dri-fit log sleeve mock turtle neck with a zip on cool days and cool-max long sleeve on really sunny hot days. I wear short sleeve henleys on in between days if it's cloudy. The sun gets me hivey, thus the long sleeves on sunny days.

I go for tidy and comfy at this point 1) because I find women's golf togs insipidely "cute" and 2) because they cost to dang much.

Being a tad weird, I've considered wearing a sedate cycling jersey (cool-max) so I could use the back pockets for balls, tees, etc. but figured it would go over like a skunk at a garden party so I refrained.

spazzdog

Back