Spyglass Hill 6/28 - What will Heez shoot?

47/54 = 101

yeah i shifted to the high side. Rust, a miss that creeps in late (that could hurt) - a tough test of a track. So I went for the over!! Good luck and enjoy it no matter the outcome!

Good luck! 46/43

Shot an 85 at Pebble two years ago. Lovely round. 105 at Spyglass the next day!

Yeah but with the restrictions in place it doesn’t seem worth the coin. I’m the high capper in our group and none of us have been playing much. Because it’s a group thing we decided it just didn’t make sense.

It’s either get a caddie or get someone on THP something cool! All should be sure to add a few strokes for me flying blind.

Ah my mistake, I thought they'd be making a forecaddie required.

My prediction still stands!

You may want to walk and spring to get a caddy. It's a haul from the cart path to some of the fairways and there are straight up tee shots were you are like "UH....where?" and with so many places to lose tee shots.

The bunkers are no joke, above your head, in many cases - and the long uphill par 4's will seem to never end and this is all before you get on the greens. I really wish they showed Spyglass more during the yearly tournament, it's absolutely gorgeous and I would pay to go back there twice over PB again.

47/54 = 101

yeah i shifted to the high side. Rust, a miss that creeps in late (that could hurt) - a tough test of a track. So I went for the over!! Good luck and enjoy it no matter the outcome!
54/51 = 105 o_O
Did I mention that this is Price Is Right rules? You go over and you are eliminated!! 😂 **joking**
You may want to walk and spring to get a caddy. It's a haul from the cart path to some of the fairways and there are straight up tee shots were you are like "UH....where?" and with so many places to lose tee shots.

The bunkers are no joke, above your head, in many cases - and the long uphill par 4's will seem to never end and this is all before you get on the greens. I really wish they showed Spyglass more during the yearly tournament, it's absolutely gorgeous and I would pay to go back there twice over PB again.

Definitely going to be walking, especially with the cart restrictions. The bunkers are going to be a struggle, not my greatest strength and if that pull creeps in I predict I could be frolicking in the sand more than I'd like. I've shot decent scores at most of the other Peninsula courses, just need to keep my expectations down as I play better. This thread is helping, making it about fun which is where I do best.

My playing style is pretty conservative and I go out of my way to take trouble out of play. The course plays long, but I guarantee you my trusty steed (3 wood) will be used off the tee with some regularity.

So twenty three guesses and the score average is 91.3. I'm actually really curious how this plays out. I'll be sure to update you guys on my range progress this week and offer my guess before I tee off.

Did I mention that this is Price Is Right rules? You go over and you are eliminated!! 😂 **joking**

Definitely going to be walking, especially with the cart restrictions. The bunkers are going to be a struggle, not my greatest strength and if that pull creeps in I predict I could be frolicking in the sand more than I'd like. I've shot decent scores at most of the other Peninsula courses, just need to keep my expectations down as I play better. This thread is helping, making it about fun which is where I do best.

My playing style is pretty conservative and I go out of my way to take trouble out of play. The course plays long, but I guarantee you my trusty steed (3 wood) will be used off the tee with some regularity.

So twenty three guesses and the score average is 91.3. I'm actually really curious how this plays out. I'll be sure to update you guys on my range progress this week and offer my guess before I tee off.

I hope your range progress is horrific and your game goes backwards ... but I'm biased :D

Well, I am being lazy and haven't hit the range yet. Thinking I will get out tomorrow and perhaps Friday for a couple range sessions.

Weather is looking like high 60s, mostly sunny and winds 8-12 (slight concern there). So I was pretty spot on with my weather prediction.

Anyone else want to throw out a prediction?

Hit the range this morning. Can tell I have been sitting too much. Chiro appointment on Thursday should help the cause. Going to really stretch well the rest of the week. Struck everything okay, not my best, but serviceable. Also didn’t really hit anything off the map terrible. Hoping for one more range session, but we shall see.

@TheHeez whats up buddy! Have a blast out there! Golf or no golf lately it’s mostly like riding a bike 😂

That being said I’m sure it won’t be easy especially if the winds kick up. I bet you still keep it under 100 so go 50/48

@TheHeez whats up buddy! Have a blast out there! Golf or no golf lately it’s mostly like riding a bike 😂

That being said I’m sure it won’t be easy especially if the winds kick up. I bet you still keep it under 100 so go 50/48

Thanks my man! Its definitely like riding a bike. At this stage of my golf life, I generally know how to keep the ball in front of me and my scores are always in that low/mid 80s range.

So my course handicap is a 15, so I guess I should shoot an 87? I'm going ambitious with a 43/46=89. Keepin' it under 90!

Thanks my man! Its definitely like riding a bike. At this stage of my golf life, I generally know how to keep the ball in front of me and my scores are always in that low/mid 80s range.

So my course handicap is a 15, so I guess I should shoot an 87? I'm going ambitious with a 43/46=89. Keepin' it under 90!
I like the confidence! My score guess was based on factors you mentioned but I know you can play...Have fun and lots of pics!

Oh man, I'm jealous. I have played Spy Glass four times in the past 30 years. Four of the best butt kickings I ever enjoyed. It's the toughest of the bunch in that area.

I was always 6-8 strokes over my cap.
My best round was an 87. 4 years ago.

So, a 10.7 capper who hasn't recently played much, with no caddy.

I'm going with 53/51 for a 104. I expect you will play better than that, but all the other good numbers seem to be well represented. So just a distancing from the others guess on my part.

Weather will make or break the front 9. After that, depending on the greens, and where you start putting from on them, will make the rest of your day. One way, or the other.

My advice is to not let the course get to you. Just be patient, and play your normal game..

Heez.......man I am so jealous. No matter what you score you can say you played Spy Glass.

I'm going to say 47/52 for a 99.

Oh man, I'm jealous. I have played Spy Glass four times in the past 30 years. Four of the best butt kickings I ever enjoyed. It's the toughest of the bunch in that area.

I was always 6-8 strokes over my cap.
My best round was an 87. 4 years ago.

So, a 10.7 capper who hasn't recently played much, with no caddy.

I'm going with 53/51 for a 104. I expect you will play better than that, but all the other good numbers seem to be well represented. So just a distancing from the others guess on my part.

Weather will make or break the front 9. After that, depending on the greens, and where you start putting from on them, will make the rest of your day. One way, or the other.

My advice is to not let the course get to you. Just be patient, and play your normal game..

I'm starting to notice a trend, the folks that have played it are guessing high. That is mildly concerning.

But I know something that they don't know, when things go south I can always lean on my Epic 3W and the smoke show that comes with that beast of a club!

Heez.......man I am so jealous. No matter what you score you can say you played Spy Glass.

I'm going to say 47/52 for a 99.

It is definitely a course that I have wanted to play for a number of years and with the cancellation of my Bandon trip, the boss lady was more accepting. Living about two hours away makes it a place that I visit quite frequently. Carmel is my wife and I's favorite getaway location and I've probably played two dozen rounds at the various other courses.

Spyglass is actually very playable from the correct set of tees. Play too far back, though, and you are hitting 3-wood into some of those par 4's!

I'm going to say the weather is going to be nice and you are going to shoot dead on your course handicap, which should be about 13? So 85 for you!

48/51 = 99...that back nine is a brute! Fantastic course though - the first 5 holes are incredible (the 4th is one of the most unique holes in the world), but the difficulty really ramps up starting with 6. Enjoy!!!

Have a blast Stephen! The time I played there it was unforgettable. Its a fun course, greens can be a bit tricky depending on the speed. I broke 100 so I expect you to do the same. I'm going to say 46/49 for a 95.

I will go a smooth 89 43/46 for my guess.

Less than a week from game day! Looking forward to hearing about your experience at this fantastic course!

Have a blast Stephen! The time I played there it was unforgettable. Its a fun course, greens can be a bit tricky depending on the speed. I broke 100 so I expect you to do the same. I'm going to say 46/49 for a 95.

Thank buddy! I am very much looking forward to it. I can't wait to get that first par out of the way!

Less than a week from game day! Looking forward to hearing about your experience at this fantastic course!

The countdown is on!

I hope it’s an 84 for ya, but I gotta play the odds.

98 51 Front 47 back. That course from that yardage is going to be a beast.

I played it 4 days in a row back in the early 2000's and it was a real treat! Surprisingly, there are only a few holes that have an ocean view and those are right at the beginning. Anyway, the front 9 is much tougher IMO and the wind can be a huge factor.

If playing strict rules of golf, I'm going to go with 52-47 for a smooth 99!

Watch out for the ice plants; it seems so easy to hit a ball off the top of them but it isn't... hehehe

44/44 ...you’ll play well enough and have fun.

Back