Review Sqairz Arrow Golf Shoe Review

Nice write up, thanks for the review.
I gotta admit I will sacrifice some comfort for looks.
These look like work boots though.
What I can’t understand is, square toe dress shoes weren’t taken seriously and did not see much fashion in them why a golf shoe? Comfort.. I know.

I agree, work boots and bu** ugly.(n)

Based on these reviews I'll take a pair of Roundz... Seems like asolid shoe if you can rock the square toe.

Based on these reviews I'll take a pair of Roundz... Seems like asolid shoe if you can rock the square toe.
You will stop noticing it after one round unless you are looking for it. The bad news - your playing partners will not.

Golf restrictions are easing up and the Sqairz are clamoring to go outdoors. But they have to make it off the shelves to make it on the greens.

Question for everyone - What is the ideal price point for you to take a chance on a new brand of shoes like this without seeing them in person? Obviously I have no say in the matter but would a sale price of $150 move a lot of shoes?

Golf restrictions are easing up and the Sqairz are clamoring to go outdoors. But they have to make it off the shelves to make it on the greens.

Question for everyone - What is the ideal price point for you to take a chance on a new brand of shoes like this without seeing them in person? Obviously I have no say in the matter but would a sale price of $150 move a lot of shoes?

I bought Athalonz for $140 without seeing them in person. As long as the return policy is good, I had no issues. Wear them around house, look at them for a few days and decide. I kept the Athalonz. They are not beauties either, but work.

I have a few thoughts about these shoes.

Like others have mentioned, the square toe does help with alignment, particularly when putting.

The shoes are comfortable to wear, but they are not light and the sole is not nearly as well cushioned as my Pumas or Adidas Code Chaos that I recently purchased. I walked for my 18 hole round today and the soles of my feet ache, something that I don’t experience with my other shoes.

These shoes are extremely stable through the swing.

In short, there are many pros and I like them, but they don’t really work for me when walking 18 holes. If I am only playing 9 holes walking or if I am riding in a cart for my round, I truly like these shoes.

Just finally sat down and gave this one a read @Molten and it's very well done. These still aren't a pair that would hit my ponder list, but it sounds like they tick a lot of boxes.

Just finally sat down and gave this one a read @Molten and it's very well done. These still aren't a pair that would hit my ponder list, but it sounds like they tick a lot of boxes.
Yeah, it’s a real problem that is a lot like the square driver (holy crap! A theme!). Check a ton of boxes but people won’t buy it if it doesn’t look good.

Yeah, it’s a real problem that is a lot like the square driver (holy crap! A theme!). Check a ton of boxes but people won’t buy it if it doesn’t look good.

I can kind of get over club looks if it performs. Cure putter was like that for me. Looked like a tire wrench, but I went on a great stretch of putting with one. Shoes are something that I don't know, there are SO many good options out there that I like the style better than these and I'm just not sold that the performance I would get would be above and beyond what others provide. With that said, these do seem to have some positives, but in the end, just not for me.

I thought the hats would be the turning point.

I can kind of get over club looks if it performs. Cure putter was like that for me. Looked like a tire wrench, but I went on a great stretch of putting with one. Shoes are something that I don't know, there are SO many good options out there that I like the style better than these and I'm just not sold that the performance I would get would be above and beyond what others provide. With that said, these do seem to have some positives, but in the end, just not for me.
Honestly, when the soft spikes are new and the molded spikes are new, you probably won’t find a better gripping shoe. Others might come close but I’m skeptical they would be better. As they wear down I’m curious if the playing field levels.

I thought the hats would be the turning point.
Hahahaha, square just doesn’t have a place in golf I’m learning (other than a square club face). I’ve considered the square strike in forming this opinion too.

If they weren't so much, I would probably buy a pair. I have wide feet & were square toed boots so I wouldn't be scared to wear these in public.

If they weren't so much, I would probably buy a pair. I have wide feet & were square toed boots so I wouldn't be scared to wear these in public.
That’s what I asked about yesterday. What’s your ideal price point to take a chance?

That’s what I asked about yesterday. What’s your ideal price point to take a chance?
Without trying them on, probably about $125-$150 if they have good return policy.

Without trying them on, probably about $125-$150 if they have good return policy.
With the killer leadership they have at the company, I don’t think they are going to act like a fly by night company. They already dropped the price once, so maybe a sale will make a splash.

Hey @OITW and @Canadan - I may have tested the waterproofing today. I also tested the mudproofing.

9AAA1B42-2559-431B-81F8-98E2D61FE7DF.jpeg

Annnnnnnnndddddddd.........
It’s fantastic. I actually believe the waterproof claim here. My socks were dry when I took the shoe off and it was cart path only WITH PUSH CARTS! It was that wet. Huge win for Sqairz.

holy cow @OITW lives!

Ok, so a bit more on the shoes with a wet and sloppy nine holes that I squeezed in (before paying for it). I expected to slip a bit in all the water and wet grass but not a single traction issue. And the waterproofing was as advertised. I’m going to try to clean them on Tuesday, so I’ll have to report back on that.

I remain impressed with the comfort and quality even if they aren’t the best looking - did anyone take advantage of the sale Sqairz was running?

Good to know they're water proof. I didn't take advantage of the sale because I've got 2 unworn pair of shoes on my shelf courtesy of an apparel sale a few years ago.

I've now worn a pair of these just about every round for the last month, roughly 20 rounds. Playing early mornings when there is still dew or the course has just been watered is not a problem as these shoes are definitely waterproof. When I first got them I immediately noticed that they were a little heavier than golf shoes I have typically worn in the past. Even though I ride I like to walk quite a bit and have even played in CPO conditions and my feet do not get tired. Fit and comfort are terrific.

That extra weight translates to two areas, a really "sturdy" pair of shoes that are going to last a long time, and added stability and balance. I am convinced these will outlast a couple of pairs of typical golf shoes which makes them more cost effective when that is taken into consideration. I think Sqairz believes they will last as they offer a "Spikes for Life" program, 12 free spikes for which you only pay $5.99 shipping and handling. As far as stability and balance, I can't quantify it with additional distance or lower scores but I do seem to more frequently hit those kinds of shots that bring you back time and again (flushed irons, crushed drives). I am definitely attributing that to better balance and traction.

The attention to detail is incredible as well. The "sta-put" laces, metal around the eyelets for the laces, rubber that comes up to protect the toe, and not a loose stitch or one out of place to be found. I think the quality is outstanding.

Bottom line for me, these are the best golf shoes I've ever owned.

I've now worn a pair of these just about every round for the last month, roughly 20 rounds. Playing early mornings when there is still dew or the course has just been watered is not a problem as these shoes are definitely waterproof. When I first got them I immediately noticed that they were a little heavier than golf shoes I have typically worn in the past. Even though I ride I like to walk quite a bit and have even played in CPO conditions and my feet do not get tired. Fit and comfort are terrific.

That extra weight translates to two areas, a really "sturdy" pair of shoes that are going to last a long time, and added stability and balance. I am convinced these will outlast a couple of pairs of typical golf shoes which makes them more cost effective when that is taken into consideration. I think Sqairz believes they will last as they offer a "Spikes for Life" program, 12 free spikes for which you only pay $5.99 shipping and handling. As far as stability and balance, I can't quantify it with additional distance or lower scores but I do seem to more frequently hit those kinds of shots that bring you back time and again (flushed irons, crushed drives). I am definitely attributing that to better balance and traction.

The attention to detail is incredible as well. The "sta-put" laces, metal around the eyelets for the laces, rubber that comes up to protect the toe, and not a loose stitch or one out of place to be found. I think the quality is outstanding.

Bottom line for me, these are the best golf shoes I've ever owned.

Im starting to think you are dead right. Every time I reach for a pair of shoes it’s these and they are so well done

Im starting to think you are dead right. Every time I reach for a pair of shoes it’s these and they are so well done
I never thought of golf shoes as equipment before getting these. I always bought based on fit, color, style and price.

Back