SQAIRZ Limited Edition Nick Faldo Masters Shoes

It's tough to admit this but the look is growing on me a bit. I think I'll end up owning a pair at some point. I'm kind of curious if they actually make any difference like they claim.
They say the swing starts from the ground up so the the increased balance, stability and traction they provide compared to other golf shoes could make a difference. They will not automatically result in increased distance just by wearing them (which seems to be incorrectly assumed that they are saying), but if they give you more confidence in your contact with the ground to enable you to swing faster and experience more center-face contact due to better balance and stability, then added yardage (to be determined by how much of an increase in swing speed you achieve) is certainly possible.

Also, they have some new styles coming though that square toe that so many dislike will still be there. These are th most interest to me:

EunYWpiWYAQCpc0.jpg

Not real big on green but these look good. Just not sure how those shoes would be for walking 18.

Not real big on green but these look good. Just not sure how those shoes would be for walking 18.
The first thing I noticed when I took my first pair out of the box was the weight. They were, to me, noticeably heavier than most golf shoes I have worn. I ride so I can't tell you how one would feel if they walked 18 in them. I think there are definitely two advantages for a walker, though, one being how waterproof they are and secondly the traction they provide.

The first thing I noticed when I took my first pair out of the box was the weight. They were, to me, noticeably heavier than most golf shoes I have worn. I ride so I can't tell you how one would feel if they walked 18 in them. I think there are definitely two advantages for a walker, though, one being how waterproof they are and secondly the traction they provide.

The weight was the main thing I was concerned with. Never have actually see them in person but they just look like they would be heavier from the pictures.

I have never seen these in the wild. In picture I am not a big fan. These do look the best so far for them.

@Nate we need to get John in here to share his testimonial.

Sorry, the green is not bad, but I prefer the grey and blue.

They just look heavy to me. And I am the target market.

They say the swing starts from the ground up so the the increased balance, stability and traction they provide compared to other golf shoes could make a difference. They will not automatically result in increased distance just by wearing them (which seems to be incorrectly assumed that they are saying), but if they give you more confidence in your contact with the ground to enable you to swing faster and experience more center-face contact due to better balance and stability, then added yardage (to be determined by how much of an increase in swing speed you achieve) is certainly possible.
Granted, I haven't dug into the shoes. In part, I don't like the way they look. Also, at first glance, their claims of speed and distance gains kind of seems like snake oil. I wouldn't say it's an incorrect assumption when it's all over their marketing material. I guess I can attempt to dig in to their site to see why it is happening. But, they're definitely not stating that first and foremost. The claims seem silly and frankly, that's a big reason I haven't dug any further into their product.

1614639582391.png

Granted, I haven't dug into the shoes. In part, I don't like the way they look. Also, at first glance, their claims of speed and distance gains kind of seems like snake oil. I wouldn't say it's an incorrect assumption when it's all over their marketing material. I guess I can attempt to dig in to their site to see why it is happening. But, they're definitely not stating that first and foremost. The claims seem silly and frankly, that's a big reason I haven't dug any further into their product.

View attachment 8995883

I agree. Based on their advertising, Sqairz is absolutely marketing the shoes as wear them and increase your distance, not wear them and increase your confidence. Their tag line is even "The New Distance Golf Shoes."

View attachment 8995883
I actually agree with you. I don’t think it’s an incorrect assumption. What if it’s true though? What if more stability gave golfers more distance? I’m not saying yay or nay on the matter, but I do think it’s being dismissed without trial because it’s hard to wrap the brain around. Myself included.

Yet I think just about every study in footwear pretty much says the same thing, which gives this merit. Not these shoes, but that stability would assist.

I actually agree with you. I don’t think it’s an incorrect assumption. What if it’s true though? What if more stability gave golfers more distance? I’m not saying yay or nay on the matter, but I do think it’s being dismissed without trial because it’s hard to wrap the brain around. Myself included.

Yet I think just about every study in footwear pretty much says the same thing, which gives this merit. Not these shoes, but that stability would assist.
Definitely stability is a big factor in golf shoes. I’ve had shoes that feel more stable then others and I seemed to play better in. If stability is what they’re after and what they’re doing a good job of, I think the brand would have been better off using that in their messaging over distance increases. At least in my eyes. Especially since not every golfer is going to be seeing those kind of gains.

But again, these shoes weren’t really on my radar. So, maybe there was some messaging I didn’t pick up on. When I think of the brand, I think of the distance golf shoes commercials.

Reactions: JB
I’d wear them if they could stop my toe pain, I just wish I could try on a pair in person, cannot afford to make a gamble on sizing/feel.

Definitely stability is a big factor in golf shoes. I’ve had shoes that feel more stable then others and I seemed to play better in. If stability is what they’re after and what they’re doing a good job of, I think the brand would have been better off using that in their messaging over distance increases. At least in my eyes. Especially since not every golfer is going to be seeing those kind of gains.

But again, these shoes weren’t really on my radar. So, maybe there was some messaging I didn’t pick up on. When I think of the brand, I think of the distance golf shoes commercials.
I think the catch line is what is being seen, so I agree that it’s bold. Diving in one of the things they are specifically targeting and talking about is the lengths they go to create stability, better balance, etc etc.

It’s a pretty interesting idea. Heavier isn’t really new, as half of the PGA tour are using heavy golf shoes for this reason (among other things). Some on tour are using metal spikes still for stability. Combine that with some studies that have come out over the last decade about pressure points and toe beds and it’s no surprise that a shoe is going with high science to accomplish it and combining all elements into one.

I’m not for saying yay or nay on increase in distance, but I do genuinely believe stability and well built shoes can certainly have an impact. Maybe I can find an authority on the subject to speak on it.

Definitely stability is a big factor in golf shoes. I’ve had shoes that feel more stable than others and I seemed to play better in. If stability is what they’re after and what they’re doing a good job of, I think the brand would have been better off using that in their messaging over distance increases. At least in my eyes. Especially since not every golfer is going to be seeing those kind of gains.

I agree that stability is important, and I've never been able to get used to spikeless golf shoes with more flexible soles. I play early in the morning often when there is dew on the grass, and the spikeless lighter weight shoes slip when I swing. I can generate 2-4 mph more clubhead speed with metal spiked golf shoes, but I'm glad they're not allowed as my surgically repaired knees don't need the extra torque at my age. ;)

I've always gravitated towards the spiked shoes with stiffer soles - right now, my favorite is the Puma Ignite ProAdapts. Less expensive, lighter weight shoes don't seem to offer the same stability or hold up nearly as well for me. These Squairz shoes look like a great shoe that offer a lot stability but I just bought two pairs of shoes with green accents. :)

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 6.23.51 PM.png

I think they should sell these with fake sideburns to get the full Sir Nick Faldo effect.

A couple years ago i switched to the Footjoy Tour S based on their ads saying they promoted stability. I know and have been told from time to time during my swing my foot or feet have moved ( particularly with the driver) and i have no doubt when i stay stable and in balance i hit the ball better. I am really working on stability and in fact ordered a downunder board which at least from what i have read and seen may help promote stability and properly using the ground. Waiting for it to arrive. I know the Tour S definitely helped with stability so if these do as well or better i can understand their claim as to some golfers. Their add does standing alone sound funny but if their claim is that better stability and use of the ground could result in distance as a result of better ball striking there could for some people be some truth to that claim. Might have to check these out.

The second a shoe’s marketing team tells me I’ll gain 9 yards distance off the tee, is the second I change the channel.
And drop your handicap by seven strokes, no less!

Gonna have to pass on these.

Wow, with the 10 extra yards with these shoes, another 15 yds promised with my new driver, and the 10 yds longer golf balls, let's see, that's 35 yds more off the tee. This is great, maybe I'll join the tour?

Wow, with the 10 extra yards with these shoes, another 15 yds promised with my new driver, and the 10 yds longer golf balls, let's see, that's 35 yds more off the tee. This is great, maybe I'll join the tour?

What new clubs and balls are promising 10 and 15 yards?

Back