Srixon Experience Coming in 2021

They are really different irons too. I know a number of people will combo them, but I’m not sure I would consider it personally.

You think they are too different?

They are really different irons too. I know a number of people will combo them, but I’m not sure I would consider it personally.
That is what gives me pause. Based solely on my handicap, I would think that a straight ZX5 set would be best. But I am playing the PTx Pros so well now and my scores keep dropping, and that’s what makes we want to really try the ZX7s. Easy answer would be to combo the set at the 7i, but why wouldn’t I want more forgiveness in the scoring irons? I’m 100% committed to gaming a set from the ZX line this year, but I really need to get them in my hands and give them a try.

Not in look or anything but they are constructed differently for sure.

yeah multi piece hot faced iron and one piece forged.. both are awesome

yeah multi piece hot faced iron and one piece forged.. both are awesome
So your thinking I wouldn't lose as much distance from my Epic Forged going to zx5 view the zx7

So your thinking I wouldn't lose as much distance from my Epic Forged going to zx5 view the zx7
I hit the 7 iron side by side today and the Epic Forged is quite a bit longer for me.

This is such a fun thread, it's all a golfer would want, badically a kid allowed to run wild in candy store!

I hit the 7 iron side by side today and the Epic Forged is quite a bit longer for me.
And for me having the extra distance was a game changer for me last year.

I found Epic Forged to be one of the longer irons out on the market right now, I think they were almost a full club longer than my 585/785 combo set, and the Srixons are definitely not short.

I think they are a bit different. Hard to say what you would or would not lose. But I would expect some distance lose vs the epic forged. How much is the only question.

I think they are a bit different. Hard to say what you would or would not lose. But I would expect some distance lose vs the epic forged. How much is the only question.
With the few rounds I played the ZX7's I was 12-15 yards shorter. I just wonder if the 5's are a bit hotter on the face if I would capture some of that distance back.
The 7's had amazing dispersion and feel, and I hit some of my highest GIR in 2 of the rounds I played. I can sacrifice some distance for that type of dispersion.

With the few rounds I played the ZX7's I was 12-15 yards shorter. I just wonder if the 5's are a bit hotter on the face if I would capture some of that distance back.
The 7's had amazing dispersion and feel, and I hit some of my highest GIR in 2 of the rounds I played. I can sacrifice some distance for that type of dispersion.
I for sure think you would get some back with the 5s.

I for sure think you would get some back with the 5s.
I’m 10 yards longer with the Forged to the ZX5s which makes sense with lofts, although the launch is nearly identical. This was only 7 and PW however.

I’m 10 yards longer with the Forged to the ZX5s which makes sense with lofts, although the launch is nearly identical. This was only 7 and PW however.
That is the interesting part. Are ball speeds similar?

That is the interesting part. Are ball speeds similar?
No, with the loft what they are, the Forged is faster for me iron to iron.

No, with the loft what they are, the Forged is faster for me iron to iron.
Do the ZX5s spin more than the Forged?

I wish our local shop carried Srixon clubs the nearest would be about a 4 1/2 hour drive

:unsure::unsure:

I say when you go to sleep tonight, whatever experience you dream about is the one you choose :LOL:

I only get to pick one though.....I am dreaming about them all right now..

this is gonna be an awesome experience !!! we all know they make great irons but the woods have been sleepers. Lots of good reviews so far on the drivers

For those wondering, we will have details coming about this on the THP Showcase.

Driver : ZX5 likely a hitting test to see numbers over the 7 (have the 785 here)
Fairway: 3W ZX
Hybrid: 3
Irons: ZX5 4-6 ZX7 7-PW
Wedges: Zipcore 51° mid, 56* mid and 60° full
Putter: FRONTLINE ELEVADO SINGLE BEND PUTTER otherwise #11
Ball: Z star XV

Demo day coming up in March at my club. Really excited to try the new lines out. I was the first to sign up lol

Back