I usually play Z-Stars, but I had some Q-Star Tours. Tried them today and I can't say I noticed much difference, except maybe they're a little firmer. I can't say I played better ... lol. I lost two of them in 9 holes. One hit a tree on the 8th hole and God knows where it went. The other hit the cart path on the 9th hole and again God knows where that one went.

A546182E-FA12-4B30-B3ED-DE77D5106270.jpegF5382FE9-44F7-4BA2-9615-64FF1B375B4D.jpeg

Got these into play today and was extremely pleased with the durability, visuals of spin and finding it and feel. Word of advise don’t putt color over color as one might get dizzy 😆. They hold up really well ball showed little wear through 9 holes even after flushing a tree dead on. I’m not a high spin player but the ball responded great for me around the greens today and was able to score a PB. Not saying the ball did that but why risk it.

Played 9 holes with these yesterday and have to say I liked them even more on the course than I did in the sim. Around the green it is a riot to see the spin and on approach shots, the hop after hitting the green is crazy looking. Alignment is fantastic while putting as well.

Add to that, the Q-STAR Tour is still a rock solid ball that really works well for me.

I used these for some short game practice yesterday. Very fun, it became a contest with myself to try and roll the perfect put with no wobble. It was harder than I thought.

Not a fan. It remind me of some of the Nitro balls that you see at Walmart. Srixon needs to quit with the gimmicks and just start making better golf balls.

I got through 12 holes and gave up on it. If it wasn’t for my playing partner I couldn’t track it at all once the ball got to its landing point and if it was red side up was very tough to see in the rough.

I will say as a line drawer on my balls for putting the seam was great for putting and lining up the driver. But like matte red balls ive tried in the past, my eyes just don’t pick that shade up well.

Also coming from a ProV1x this felt like a marshmallow.glad I’m only out on an $8.75 sleeve.

I got through 12 holes and gave up on it. If it wasn’t for my playing partner I couldn’t track it at all once the ball got to its landing point and if it was red side up was very tough to see in the rough.

I will say as a line drawer on my balls for putting the seam was great for putting and lining up the driver. But like matte red balls ive tried in the past, my eyes just don’t pick that shade up well.

Also coming from a ProV1x this felt like a marshmallow.glad I’m only out on an $8.75 sleeve.
I'm curious about the differences of people who can't see red balls. For me personally red is the easiest color for me to find and I've tried about ever color of golf ball that exists. I wonder what causes this.

Thats super interesting as one of the things @Canadan @JDax and myself commented on yesterday was how easy it was to track in the air and find. Obviously everybody's eyes are different. Out of curiosity, what color is the rough you are playing out of? Meaning was it green or dormant of some sort?

Thats super interesting as one of the things @Canadan @JDax and myself commented on yesterday was how easy it was to track in the air and find. Obviously everybody's eyes are different. Out of curiosity, what color is the rough you are playing out of? Meaning was it green or dormant of some sort?
I'm curious about the differences of people who can't see red balls. For me personally red is the easiest color for me to find and I've tried about ever color of golf ball that exists. I wonder what causes this.

I’m not sure on the red. I normally play a yellow ball and see them easily from start to finish. But like 3/4 through the shot with the red my eyes seem to lose track of it. My buddy said the same thing today. I was like where did that end up and he couldn’t track it all the way either.

@JB our rough is about as thick and plush green as we’ll get in a season.
Here’s a pic. The yellow pops to me if that side is up. The red I would drive right on by today. I remember a few years back my buddy and I were trying the red Maxfli matte ball
When it came out and he scrapped it after a few holes just couldn’t see it in the rough 8F659BE2-28AF-4F49-97ED-775E9C43CD45.jpeg

I’m not sure on the red. I normally play a yellow ball and see them easily from start to finish. But like 3/4 through the shot with the red my eyes seem to lose track of it. My buddy said the same thing today. I was like where did that end up and he couldn’t track it all the way either.

@JB our rough is about as thick and plush green as we’ll get in a season.
Here’s a pic. The yellow pops to me if that side is up. The red I would drive right on by today. I remember a few years back my buddy and I were trying the red Maxfli matte ball
When it came out and he scrapped it after a few holes just couldn’t see it in the rough View attachment 9003771
That is interesting. To me they both pop, but everybody’s eyes are different

Got these into play today and was extremely pleased with the durability, visuals of spin and finding it and feel. Word of advise don’t putt color over color as one might get dizzy 😆. They hold up really well ball showed little wear through 9 holes even after flushing a tree dead on. I’m not a high spin player but the ball responded great for me around the greens today and was able to score a PB. Not saying the ball did that but why risk it.

I still have a headache from watching that thing. Surprised I didn’t have a seizure.

My main partner is color blind (red/green), if he ever played a red ball into the rough, it’s as good as lost.

Seems to be very player dependent on these as far as visually being able to pick it out on the course but these were by far the easiest to pick out I’ve ever played and had been able to see while playing. Normally avoid playing other brightly colored matte balls as they tend to “glow” and become blurry but hadn’t had that issue here with these. I for one went into this thinking it was a little gimmicky but am very pleased as on top of the visual aid in alignment, finding out on the course, and visual spin this is a far nicer ball than most if not all the other matte offerings I’ve seen.

Supposedly Divide will also be available in yellow/blue and yellow/orange colors at some point...would those colors work? Or did the feel of the Divide vs. your normal ProV1x turn you off from even trying other future color combos?

This is the first Srixon ball I've ever tried. While I really like the red/yellow combo I've also mentioned that I really lucked out that the QST seems to fit me well.

Supposedly Divide will also be available in yellow/blue and yellow/orange colors at some point...would those colors work? Or did the feel of the Divide vs. your normal ProV1x turn you off from even trying other future color combos?

This is the first Srixon ball I've ever tried. While I really like the red/yellow combo I've also mentioned that I really lucked out that the QST seems to fit me well.
I’ve never cared for the matte blue balls. Those are tough for me to see as well.
Orange id have to see in hand.

Divide is REALLY fun to see out on the golf course.

On the putting green it's just flat out fun. I'm not at all the guy who uses a line to putt, so I personally found it distracting to my putting routine to line the ball up to the hole and then try to putt like that. I did a ton better by only showing a single color and getting the feedback with how end over end I could roll it from there, which I would argue was just as visual.

Second, it's really entertaining to watch out there. Not as much off the driver and long irons, but around the green and even when it lands on the green, you get instant feedback on how your ball is reacting on contact. We had a couple shots that were flop style and out of bunkers where it would hit with some side spin and you could SEE the zip occurring as it landed and started to roll out.

One of the funniest things to me was watching it land from full shots on the green... My brain is so conditioned that every time I saw the color change I thought "oh damn that's a hell of a mud ball" hahaha - When really it was just the two sides being visually different.

I played it for at least 9 holes and got pretty used to it. At no point when trying to hit did I find it distracting at all.

I need these bad

I’m starting to think these might be a game changer for me off the tee. I realize after spending some time with alignment sticks at home that my driver game is really struggling because my ball position is too far forward. I’m playing 9 tomorrow evening and I’ve devised a way to use the alignment line and change my setup routine to fix my alignment and ball position.

if I can find a way to go pick up a dozen before my round I think the pronounced halves of the ball will help even more than they would with putting alignment.

Back