I think I could play these. If they made them in Z-Star XV I would be all over them. Wouldn't have to manually do the putter line on my ball which would be a huge plus.
See...now that could be cool. Wonder if these sell through well that we might see that happen?

Yeah, these look awesome. I’ll definitely have a dozen or two.

i don't hate this as much as i thought i would. i think it would look pretty cool with a pitch shot spinning in the air. or a putt rolling end-over-end. that said, and this is me being honest, i don't think i would game it with a group of friends because they would probably make fun of it relentlessly.

I'd definitely play this ball. I'm using the Vice Pro Soft right now because I wanted a soft red urethane golf ball and they were the only ones to make one that I could find. While this is only half red I'd definitely hit them and use them to check my roll alignment in my putting

Fun article @Jman I actually am intrigued by these. Would I game them? No probably not BUT I would use them for practice purposes.

I CAN'T WAIT to be made fun of by my friends for rocking this ball on the course this year!
Hey, I’ve played a Lady Precept and got laughed at until I took all their money, same will apply here ;)

Omg I need these! So awesome.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Hey, I’ve played a Lady Precept and got laughed at until I took all their money, same will apply here ;)
I would never play a lady ball. These things on the other hand...

1616764626231.png

Fun article @Jman I actually am intrigued by these. Would I game them? No probably not BUT I would use them for practice purposes.
I think this is where they’ve got a TON of appeal, the two tone design is truly dead useful in practice work

I find it interesting that Srixon chose to use the QST to have this feature.
I imagine that they could have easily gone with the Soft Brite or QS line to bring this out.

Here is a question, is there another Matte Urethane Cover Ball on the market?
I don't think Volvik's Matte Golf Balls are with Urethane.

I play the Q Star Tour now and cant wait to get these. I think blue and yellow is one of the other color combos, but not sure the 3rd. Either way I think these are going to be hot sellers and I will be grabbing a few dozen myself!

This sums it up for me too. But. I probably would game one when I'm playing with a certain guy - the guy who gives it to people for using any color ball other than white.

I would game the heck out of these! Big fan of matte balls and the being able to visualize spin with a Truvis, so this is kind of the best of both worlds. "Divide" is a great name for these IMO.

See...now that could be cool. Wonder if these sell through well that we might see that happen?

Srixon has been a bit of a trail blazer in the colored ball category. The optic yellow z star about 8-10 years ago was the first tour caliber ball I can remember not just white.

These look awesome.

I like the Q Star Tour balls and currently have some in my bag now. Pass on these though and not a fan of matte finishes-feel cheap to me. For putting practice I'll use these:

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 9.54.23 AM.png

Hello old Ping balls. They were probably painted on. I have one still kicking around the house somewhere.
And the Pings were hard as a rock

I love this new offering from Srixon

Srixon has been a bit of a trail blazer in the colored ball category. The optic yellow z star about 8-10 years ago was the first tour caliber ball I can remember not just white.
Yup, and it was a GOOD yellow. Maybe still the best.

Yup, and it was a GOOD yellow. Maybe still the best.

I agree. If they did this divide in a tour ball but not matte. I would play it. Watching those colors blend as it spun would be cool. Get an yellow and blue and spin it green!

I think it would look pretty cool spinning and then releasing on the green

I agree. If they did this divide in a tour ball but not matte. I would play it. Watching those colors blend as it spun would be cool. Get an yellow and blue and spin it green!

Q-STAR TOUR is a tour ball, right? Or do you mean just glossy over matte?

I just think this is a fun offering that could certainly help out in practice. I like fun.

Back