As I mentioned earlier, I planned on playing the red/yellow version during my league tournament on Saturday.

Great overall performance, which is to be expected from the Q-Star Tour family of balls.

My only knock is even though they look like a fishing bobber, they don't float. :confused::D

I saw the orange/yellows in person for the first time yesterday and the difference between the two sides seems like they would be impossible to discern midair so it would play like a yellow ball which might appeal to some, but then have the added bonus of a great putting alignment aid.

Echoing others' sentiments - saw the yellow blue as well and the blue looks impossible to see - especially since it's so smokey up here.

I will stick with my yellow reds.

I used this ball yesterday for the first time albeit only on the practice green.

I’ve found two of these now and they’re both in the wife’s bag. She played one tonight and it is so much freaking fun! I love watching the flight with the two different colors spinning.

I’ve found two of these now and they’re both in the wife’s bag. She played one tonight and it is so much freaking fun! I love watching the flight with the two different colors spinning.

right? fun ball to put in play

Orange Divides showed up today. I now have all three colors. I think the Orange/Yellow will be the easiest to see when playing as they're both bright colors, but yet the Orange and Yellow are different enough to be useful for putting practice. Some quick photos in the yard...the colors turned out to be difficult to get accurate photos of.

IMG_5766.JPGIMG_5769.JPG

Looks like the yellow/orange balls are finally in stock here. Will have to stop by and pickup a box after todays round of golf... two selves will be reserved for putting practice and I'll game the other two selves.

I played the blue/yellow yesterday in a scramble. It was a hit. It does look freaky mid flight and I got a number of remarks, mostly positive. They are a little harder to find than the red/ yellow design.

Played the orange and yellow balls on Wednesday. I thought it was pretty easy to track in the air and was really easy to find in the rough.

I mainly bought the divide for the putting green, but I really just couldn't get them lined up well. Every time I thought the divide was pointing 6 inches or so outside the hole it was actually right at the hole and I missed the putt.

That said they look pretty cool when pitching and chipping around the green, it goes from a bobber to looking more like a lure reflecting light in all different directions.

played the blue/yellow for a few holes today..."oh wow, is that a blue AND yellow ball???...cool"

They finally had some Divide's available locally. Picked up a couple of boxes of yellow/orange balls.
Will have to put a couple of selves aside just for putting pratice.

Not sure if it's new thread worthy so I'll post this here. Ping just released two-color practice balls. Solid foam. Yellow/Orange. They even have the little eye logo like their old balls used to. The Divide has to have triggered this release, yes? Photo from Ping's website:
ping_punchcollection_lifestyle_foamballs.jpg

Not sure if it's new thread worthy so I'll post this here. Ping just released two-color practice balls. Solid foam. Yellow/Orange. They even have the little eye logo like their old balls used to. The Divide has to have triggered this release, yes? Photo from Ping's website:
ping_punchcollection_lifestyle_foamballs.jpg
If anything Ping triggered the release of the Srixon Divide.

On the one hand sure, but since Ping stopped doing them before the turn of the century (I think), can we really say that?

Yeah of course Ping did two-tone first. I meant triggered the re-release I guess? Ping hasn’t done anything with balls for years (that I can remember). Now less than a year after Divides come out Ping sends everyone a reminder they did two-tone long ago with these practice balls.

I already ordered some Ping practice balls just for fun 🤗

On the one hand sure, but since Ping stopped doing them before the turn of the century (I think), can we really say that?
Yes... Ping was the first to do it... it was their idea.

Yeah of course Ping did two-tone first. I meant triggered the re-release I guess? Ping hasn’t done anything with balls for years (that I can remember). Now less than a year after Divides come out Ping sends everyone a reminder they did two-tone long ago with these practice balls.

I already ordered some Ping practice balls just for fun 🤗
It doesn't matter if Ping stopped making golf balls years ago... they were the first to do it... it was their original idea. Srixon and possibly others in the near or distant future will have copied Ping's original idea. What do people not understand ???

Yes... Ping was the first to do it... it was their idea.
I get that - so anytime a new car comes out, we should thank Ford? And I assume that Tesla thanks GM everytime they sell an electric car? C'mon, yea Ping did it first - I think nearly everyone (certainly everyone here does). But they stopped making balls let alone 2 tone balls years ago - before most people on this site ever hit a golf ball. So, yea, I think it's fair that Ping is remembered, but I think we can thank Srixon for making a playable version ;).

I get that - so anytime a new car comes out, we should thank Ford?
Ping did not invent the golf ball. Ping was the first with the two-tone golf ball... call it divide it you wish.
Must be the need to be right generation. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I played the back 9 with these on Sunday and they really do look crazy mid flight. They look pretty cool putting too and I almost feel like they are easier to line up my putts. I was pleasantly surprised at how straight they were off the tee and yet still had decent spin around the green. That was only my second round after pretty much missing the last 5 years, so I really expected to be all over the place, but that wasn't the case. I had a lot of fun playing those and now I'm going to have to buy some of those Ping practice balls. lol

This Saturday will be the second league tournament that I will be playing the red/yellow Divide. I really like the performance I see from the Q-Star Tour and the Divide just makes it fun.

Played the divide during a par 3 round yesterday. Performed great for me. Even on some hard-ish greens, they still spun enough to land and stick right around the pitch mark. Most fun might be seeing the ball hit the green, and bounce with the backspin. Great ball!

Played the divide during a par 3 round yesterday. Performed great for me. Even on some hard-ish greens, they still spun enough to land and stick right around the pitch mark. Most fun might be seeing the ball hit the green, and bounce with the backspin. Great ball!

I enjoy it immensely around and on the green. I like seeing it spin on greenside shots and when rolling on the green. I’m going to play it in my round tomorrow.

I played the Red/Yellow divide during my league tournament again yesterday. The consistency of the ball's performance was stellar.

And rumor has it a 95 yard shot onto the green will have some backspin. TourDivide1.jpg

Back