Played the Q-Star Tour Divide for one round last week and I just couldn't get used to it. I'm sure it has it's benefits, but I wasn't a huge fan. Went back to the Chromesoft LSX triple track pretty quick. Didn't know what to think of the matte finish either, I'd like to try the Z-Star sometime and I think this is an interesting concept it was just too distracting for me and my already messed up head (when it comes to golf). LOL.
I am curious How did you use it to tee off? I always pick 1 color to tee off. I think the Red side go farther!:ROFLMAO:
I do putt with it sideways but that lets me see how my roll is.

I am curious How did you use it to tee off? I always pick 1 color to tee off. I think the Red side go farther!:ROFLMAO:
I do putt with it sideways but that lets me see how my roll is.

Honestly I didn't tinker with it much and that's on me. I've played Callaway exclusively all year, but my wife bought these for me for Christmas and when I was getting low on CS in the bag I gave these a shot. I didn't really pick a side on the tee and that was probably a mistake and i played the Blue/Yellow so maybe that wasn't the best choice either.

On the green I did line it up sideways, but after a year of using Triple Track it just messed with my noggin.

I'd definitely like to spend more time with them because I've really enjoyed the Q Star Tour in the past, it's a great ball.

Later this year I'll try them again and see if picking a color off the tee helps and see if I can find some red ones.

Ha! I'd forgotten all about these. I'd bought a couple boxes just before I took my golf hiatus.

I wonder if the red is harder to find than the orange would be. It certainly stand out more in hand.

I wonder if the red is harder to find than the orange would be. It certainly stand out more in hand.
I always thought red from other MFGs was super hard to find in rough.

I always thought red from other MFGs was super hard to find in rough.
You wouldn't think so, but, oddly: It is. Or can be. Particularly in fall leaves.

I did a test two autumns ago, comparing the visibility of various ball colors in a mix of rough and leaves. Much to my surprise, the ones easiest to spot were bright green, green/yellow, and bright yellow, IIRC. Even the almost fluorescent red ball I had was less visible than those. And that was really bright.

The worst, of the colors I had, was pink. White wasn't much better.

I think I posted that test here. I'll see if I can find it.

Here we go: Fall Golf Ball Color Test

Last edited:
Purely subjective but I’ve lost more red/yellow than orange/yellow. To my eyes the orange/yellow stand out more in most golf ball hiding places at the courses I typically play

I want to get these for scrambles lol

I play the Q-Star Tour and love it. I found one of the Red/Yellow divides and now use it on the par 3's when I'm sure I won't lose it. I like them a lot and will be buying a dozen. I wish you could buy a dozen white with one sleeve of divides.

“Bob, did you just hit a pumpkin?” Joey Coldcuts haha

The Red is definitely harder to find when it is in the Rough.

The funny thing is that the Only place I ever see the Orange is in small proshops.

Still think they are missing the boat with a Pink version.

@JB any information on new colors for 2023?

I play the red/yellow and my wife plays the orange/yellow, and frankly the red/orange colors are so close, I don't see much of a difference. I also changed my Oakley lens to golf lens which have a tint that makes finding redish balls easier.

I like the orange/yellow the best. Red/yellow is very close. Not a fan of the blue/yellow combination.

Now, if they would make a Q-Star Tour Divide that didn’t have the matte finish:unsure:?

Now, if they would make a Q-Star Tour Divide that didn’t have the matte finish:unsure:?
and a Pink one!
I wonder why they make them matte? Is it cheaper?

I wonder why they make them matte? Is it cheaper?
No, not really.
They make Matte in the QST and Glossy in the Z-Star lineup. Choices to cover all bases.

The Q-Star Tour Yellow balls are glossy.

I wonder if a study has been done whether the Matte retains more dirt? I feel like Matte balls get dirty quicker.

The Q-Star Tour Yellow balls are glossy.

I wonder if a study has been done whether the Matte retains more dirt? I feel like Matte balls get dirty quicker.
I have read that, and my experiences seem to bare that out. Also, the glossy ones seem to be easier to clean.

I just picked up some more, they are so nice while practicing putting indoor during the winter

Back