I’m starting to think these might be a game changer for me off the tee. I realize after spending some time with alignment sticks at home that my driver game is really struggling because my ball position is too far forward. I’m playing 9 tomorrow evening and I’ve devised a way to use the alignment line and change my setup routine to fix my alignment and ball position.

if I can find a way to go pick up a dozen before my round I think the pronounced halves of the ball will help even more than they would with putting alignment.
I've used the writing on a ball to encourage that kind of thing in the past, so I absolutely see where you're coming from.

Hopefully you're able to get some to share. Sounds pretty damn smart to me.

I've used the writing on a ball to encourage that kind of thing in the past, so I absolutely see where you're coming from.

Hopefully you're able to get some to share. Sounds pretty damn smart to me.
Yeah. I realized in my previous routine I was aligning to where I soled the club and not the ball. This put the ball probably 2 inches too far forward so I think using the alignment on the tee will give me a reference to make sure I line up square to the ball. I can certainly do it with a small alignment line on any ball but these Divide balls just scream alignment and should really help my position and making sure my aim is right At the same time.

Yeah. I realized in my previous routine I was aligning to where I soled the club and not the ball. This put the ball probably 2 inches too far forward so I think using the alignment on the tee will give me a reference to make sure I line up square to the ball. I can certainly do it with a small alignment line on any ball but these Divide balls just scream alignment and should really help my position and making sure my aim is right At the same time.
I was thinking the same thing, one color toward the target and visually extending the line to my left heal. I tend to let the ball creep forward in my stance with driver.

I’m starting to think these might be a game changer for me off the tee. I realize after spending some time with alignment sticks at home that my driver game is really struggling because my ball position is too far forward. I’m playing 9 tomorrow evening and I’ve devised a way to use the alignment line and change my setup routine to fix my alignment and ball position.

if I can find a way to go pick up a dozen before my round I think the pronounced halves of the ball will help even more than they would with putting alignment.

As someone who also tends to play the ball too far forward, I’ll be interested in how this turns out for you.

Got my first round in yesterday with the Divide. Great ball striking round overall (11 GIRs) and the ball felt much softer off of the face than the Z-Star XV. I noticed more of a difference off of the irons than I did off of the driver and putter. I didn't hole any putts of significant distance yesterday, but I was playing on some bumpy greens. I played with 1 ball on each 9 and they seemed to hold up really well. It is definitely a plus not having to worry about the putting line smear off after hitting it on a full shot. Of course, I did receive a few comments on the first few holes regarding the ball, but it was really cool to see the spin while the ball was in the air.

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and absolutely say that this ball helps my alignment off the tee and on the green. I only got to hit 2 holes with the driver because my shaft broke at the handle on the 2nd hole but both balls found the fairway. I haven't been doing that very much recently. I played the remaining holes with the 3 wood off the tee. It is something I need to practice more anyway and I generally found a lot more fairways than usual. Setting up the ball on the tee perpendicular to my setup absolutely gave a good point of reference for me to check the ball position in my stance.

I did find from a putting alignment standpoint that it absolutely helps me line up putts better. My putting wasn't great today. Green were lumpy and slow and I put myself in some not great positions on the green. I ended up doing as well as could be expected with those conditions.

I played this ball for 9 holes tonight in my league. I REALLY like this ball! I find them easy to see in the air and find on the ground. I could see these balls from far away and I am usually the one asking where my ball is.

I like the alignment for putting but I choose a color for off the tee. I only lost one off a tree into god knows where. But they seem to hold up well not much scuffing on the 2 balls I used. I think they do stay dirty due to the matte coating but that's just my opinion.

Solid ball that I liked far more than I expected too.
I'll post more thoughts after I play with them some more.

Last edited:
I bought some on Saturday (first new-premium priced balls that I've ever bought) and have just been practicing putting on the carpet while I wait for the weather to cooperate some more and I absolutely love these. They are fantastic for telling me how bad I am at putting.

The local residents decided to have a par 3 contest this weekend. Might have to put these in play for the first time ever Saturday!:unsure:

I am watching the most recent episode of School of Golf with Martin Hall on the Golf Channel and the episode is about putting. He is using the Srixon Divide balls and has some of the blue and yellow ones. Those look interesting and I'm looking forward to trying those.

The whole episode is about aim and alignment so it is interesting to see how he's using this ball in relation to those tips.

Loved Qstars in the past, will definitely be picking up a dozen of these to give a go....mostly because I think watching them spin in the air will be awesome.

So I’m assuming based on the Srixon description of these being like “the classic Q STAR TOUR” and also because they are a matte finish that the DIVIDE does not have the “spin skin” finish that the latest Q Star Tour balls have, correct?

I saw that Srixon has a Z-Star and Z-Star XV in white/orange and white/yellow on the USGA conforming list. Not sure they'll ever see retail release but it is something they are at least attempting.
Would be fun to see those on tour and hear reactions from commentators.

It would also be fun to see Srixon pros in Divide hats half yellow half red, or another color...the hats would probably look ridiculous though :ROFLMAO:

It would also be fun to see Srixon pros in Divide hats half yellow half red, or another color...the hats would probably look ridiculous though :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of the awesome color block silk button ups I was rocking in the early 90’s. :LOL:

I saw that Srixon has a Z-Star and Z-Star XV in white/orange and white/yellow on the USGA conforming list. Not sure they'll ever see retail release but it is something they are at least attempting.
1619114455521.png

Yeah, I suspect the the white/orange and white/yellow as designated on the conforming list is probably a Japan only release, at least initially.

This is the link I found in another forum online.

The half white might work for those who have an aversion to playing colored balls.

Although if I could get a full orange Z-Star I might be into giving those balls a try.

Last edited:

They’d look like they worked at Hot Dog On A Stick! 😆

0BE8178F-A7D1-486E-B0FB-FEC998973BB7.jpeg

Cool concept. I’ll be ordering a dozen to try when practicing. Pitching and putting only. I could see half my shagbag being these balls

Played 18 with the Divide today. Windy conditions. Ball is great. Love putting with it. You really get to see if you put a good roll on the ball.
Teeing off I just pick a color (I think Yellow goes farther).
I had a few 1 hop and stop on the greens and I love watching the ball spin when chipping. I find that when I am hitting running chip shots that don't get too high it almost seems like the ball is flashing.

These balls seem pretty durable but they die get dirty quickly.
d92cf753508821afcbf6711285034419.jpg

I bought a dozen of these and put them in play. My game was crap, but these balls are fun to play. For me they’re easier to track in the air and easier to find in the grass. Watching them spin with short irons and wedges is a lot of fun (on the few shots where I made decent contact). I doubt I’ll keep buying them since I never spend that much on balls, but I’ll enjoy them while I have them.

Yeah, I suspect the the white/orange and white/yellow as designated on the conforming list is probably a Japan only release, at least initially.

This is the link I found in another forum online.

The half white might work for those who have an aversion to playing colored balls.

Although if I could get a full orange Z-Star I might be into giving those balls a try.

Interesting! I went to the Dunlop site and while there also found Tri-Star.

1619402933321.png

1619402862552.png

1619402894994.png

Last edited:
Back