Srixon Trispeed Mini-review

kidzwitgunz

Reaction score
Handicap
Picked up a few of these the other day and here is a short (maybe) and sweet (for sure) mini-review:

Price: Very good picked mine up at Academy on sale for $21US after tax.

Feel: Kind of subjective here but it passed the "bite" test pretty good, comparable to the Gamer and HX Bite etc. Felt fairly soft of the club, though a little clicky on the irons/wedges. Spin around the greens was on par with other "bargain" 3 pieces. Equal on spin IMO to the Gamer, less than the HX Bite and obvisouly less than the high end balls. Sounded good of the driver didn't notice the clicky-ness here.

Trajectory: Here was my main gripe, the flight was noticeably higher for me with EVERY single club (driver thru SW) yet much more pronounced on long irons. While I did not LM this thing the ball got up into the air quicker and stayed there (when compared to my experiences with the Gamer et al). So it had to have good downrange penetration since distance seemed actually a little further. However it was annoying to over club on a tight pin, par 3 off the green etc. Plus I found on holes with wind I felt I had to fight ballooning a little. And I am a little scared of hitting it "too" high since I have a tall, late-relase, fast, and steep plane that gets the ball higher easier. Though again only from my long irons not driver as much, must have to do with the spin or compression maybe?

Durability: MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than the Gamer et al. On harder turf courses or courses with lots of rocks etc I will game this because of this one fact.

Overall: Out of 10 I would give this an 8. Not an "A" but better than average. Unless the product blows my mind competely nothing gets a "10". My only main complaint was the higher trajectory, especially with my loner irons. In my game I do not need ANY heighth and like to control trajectory a little more. The sound/feel was also "clicky", not bad and in fact the end result was better IMO than the "sound/feel" alone but to me this is not a deal breaker.

Durability is a BIG thing to consider to and here IMO they beat out everything in this pricepoint. Price wise it is more than the Gamer, but less than some of the other cheaper 3 pieces. Trajectory-wise I am going to stick with the Gamer for now, but I don't mind playing them at all on certain courses just need some more time to nail down the difference in trajectory for me.

Last edited:
Picked up a few of these the other day and here is a short (maybe) and sweet (for sure) mini-review:

Price: Very good picked mine up at Academy on sale for $21US after tax.

Feel: Kind of subjective here but it passed the "bite" test pretty good, comparable to the Gamer and HX Bite etc. Felt fairly soft of the club, though a little clicky on the irons/wedges. Spin around the greens was on par with other "bargain" 3 pieces. Equal on spin IMO to the Gamer, less than the HX Bite and obvisouly less than the high end balls. Sounded good of the driver didn't notice the clicky-ness here.

Trajectory: Here was my main gripe, the flight was noticeably higher for me with EVERY single club (driver thru SW) yet much more pronounced on long irons. While I did not LM this thing the ball got up into the air quicker and stayed there (when compared to my experiences with the Gamer et al). So it had to have good downrange penetration since distance seemed actually a little further. However it was annoying to over club on a tight pin, par 3 off the green etc. Plus I found on holes with wind I felt I had to fight ballooning a little. And I am a little scared of hitting it "too" high since I have a tall, late-relase, fast, and steep plane that gets the ball higher easier. Though again only from my long irons not driver as much, must have to do with the spin or compression maybe?

Durability: MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than the Gamer et al. On harder turf courses or courses with lots of rocks etc I will game this because of this one fact.

Overall: Out of 10 I would give this an 8. Not an "A" but better than average. Unless the product blows my mind competely nothing gets a "10". My only main complaint was the higher trajectory, especially with my loner irons. In my game I do not need ANY heighth and like to control trajectory a little more. The sound/feel was also "clicky", not bad and in fact the end result was better IMO than the "sound/feel" alone but to me this is not a deal breaker.

Durability is a BIG thing to consider to and here IMO they beat out everything in this pricepoint. Price wise it is more than the Gamer, but less than some of the other cheaper 3 pieces. Trajectory-wise I am going to stick with the Gamer for now, but I don't mind playing them at all on certain courses just need some more time to nail down the difference in trajectory for me.

If you are an 8 handicap you should try the ZStar or the ZStar x, very good balls and a little cheaper than the really high end balls.

If you are an 8 handicap you should try the ZStar or the ZStar x, very good balls and a little cheaper than the really high end balls.

Yea I know but because of cost issues I thought a cheaper ball review was in order. Bought my first box of the ZStar and ZStarx so maybe I will do a review later. My main point was to just share some info I found, still don't know if I like the heigth to me it is a little harder to control when compared to others in this range but still far, far, far better than any 2 piece.

I played around with some of these earlier in the year. Definitely a softer ball, but good spin. I liked using them on Par-3 holes, they seemed to stick really well when dropping out of the sky.

If you haven't tried them, you would probably like the Bridgestone e7+. I tend to get plenty of height on my shots as well, and it keeps a lower trajectory and good carry with a higher compression core than the e6 or Trispeed. A little more expensive usually, like the rest of the e-series, but a great ball imho.

I played around with some of these earlier in the year. Definitely a softer ball, but good spin. I liked using them on Par-3 holes, they seemed to stick really well when dropping out of the sky.

If you haven't tried them, you would probably like the Bridgestone e7+. I tend to get plenty of height on my shots as well, and it keeps a lower trajectory and good carry with a higher compression core than the e6 or Trispeed. A little more expensive usually, like the rest of the e-series, but a great ball imho.

Yep plan on giving these a more thorough testing once I play through my Gamer's and Trispeed's. I was fit into these and the B-330S, just haven't gotten around to buying some yet. Also I am glad to hear that I am not imagining the "air-ness-aibility" of these and some other balls on the market right now! Though I knew I was pretty safe in saying cause even my dad noticed so....... Still it is nice to know I am not off my rocker.

And another side note on soft-ness, they are definitly softer, much softer than the some of the other "bargain" 3 pieces, what throws you off is the sound at impact I am coming to find. Kind of like it sounds harder than it is, if this makes sense?

Yep plan on giving these a more thorough testing once I play through my Gamer's and Trispeed's. I was fit into these and the B-330S, just haven't gotten around to buying some yet. Also I am glad to hear that I am not imagining the "air-ness-aibility" of these and some other balls on the market right now! Though I knew I was pretty safe in saying cause even my dad noticed so....... Still it is nice to know I am not off my rocker.

And another side note on soft-ness, they are definitly softer, much softer than the some of the other "bargain" 3 pieces, what throws you off is the sound at impact I am coming to find. Kind of like it sounds harder than it is, if this makes sense?

It does. They did sound pretty solid at impact, which seemed odd with how soft the feel was.

It does. They did sound pretty solid at impact, which seemed odd with how soft the feel was.

Hard cover, low compression. Try the Taylor Made Burners and the Burner TPs too, they are similar hard cover/low compression balls. Also try the Wilson Px3 if you can find any. It is in my opinion the best low cost, good distance, decent spin 3 piece ball I have ever hit. They have a 4 piece Tx4 that is a 4 piece ball that has been available for a while now that I haven't hit yet but I will soon. I play the Srixon zstar, callaway tour i and the Px3 when I can find them and I like the Wilsons just about as much as the other two. The Callaway has more spin and distance for me, the Srixon flies lower and is better in the wind, but overall the Wilson is a good ball, does everything well.

I recently bought a dozen trispeeds and i love em
great quality for the price
i liked that they provide durability and good feel...they work for me!

Back