Srixon Z 355 Irons Preview

Wow i like these. And those shafts.....

I'm not going to sugar coat it. Seeing these in hand, holding them next to 545's. I had these all wrong. I was expected a bigger, chunkier, clunkier looking set of irons. Just not the case at all. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.

I'm not going to sugar coat it. Seeing these in hand, holding them next to 545's. I had these all wrong. I was expected a bigger, chunkier, clunkier looking set of irons. Just not the case at all. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.
Would you say there fall between the 545 and 745

I really like the sound of this.

I would say they are a progession to the 545s based on what I saw for about two minutes last week.

No, they are more game improvement than the 545. But setting them up next to each other you will see a very subtle difference. Sole width is practically identical and in some ways looks narrower. The V sole has been slightly modified, again just a small tweak.

No, they are more game improvement than the 545. But setting them up next to each other you will see a very subtle difference. Sole width is practically identical and in some ways looks narrower. The V sole has been slightly modified, again just a small tweak.

Everything I hear about these makes me want them.

Hmmm...maybe some forgiveness in my future.

The look of the 545s and 745s impressed me so much that I am not sure that these stood much of a chance. Don't get me wrong, these are nice, but I don't see them being in the same league as the others. I would like to think that I can game the 745s or 545s, but I will need to test them all to see which is the best fit. I have hit the 745s on a simulator and thought that they weren't that hard to hit, but I haven't had the chance to compare them to the other Srixon offerings.

past two years Srixon has really stepped up to the plate

I love my CB3s but these look right up my alley! I loved the look of the 745s and 545s and these fall into line

I love my Z545s...Srixon has really gone all in and I like it. Will have to swing the Z355s to see if I make a change.

Just saw a pic at address of what I believe is the PW. Not sure if its the angle of the photo, but the offset looks substantial. I wish clubs came with a low offset version. If you want forgiveness you better like offset cause that's what your getting...argh.

Just saw a pic at address of what I believe is the PW. Not sure if its the angle of the photo, but the offset looks substantial. I wish clubs came with a low offset version. If you want forgiveness you better like offset cause that's what your getting...argh.

If you're interested in a low offset club with a great amount of forgiveness, the 545 is probably the place to look in the Srixon line. The audience for these is going to be looking for launch, which the added offset will provide.

I love my 545's but am curious to give these a hit to see how they compare. Might have to call at the club where I got my 545's to see if they will be getting these and if I can give them a hit

If these are as easy to hit as the 545 then Srixon are going to be on to a winner, I just think that (here in the UK) they need to get themselves out into the market more as they are not a club you see very much and it is a shame based on what I think of my clubs

Srixon has the 545 and Cleveland has the Altitude that both offer forgiveness by size without large amounts of offset. Adding an iron to the line that features more offset seems like a good idea actually.

Definitely a sharp set of irons. Nice looking side profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the color scheme on these, and they look far slimmer than what my idea of a GI iron looks like. And I mean that as a 100% compliment.

I loved the Z545's so much i just ordered a 2nd set just to have them in case my primary's wear out. They are just that good. These look interesting however, but could them end up being better than the 545? I can't imagine that. But if they are, WOW to Srixon.

Srixon has the 545 and Cleveland has the Altitude that both offer forgiveness by size without large amounts of offset. Adding an iron to the line that features more offset seems like a good idea actually.

Ya I don't disagree with that, I just like a bit longer heel to toe, and was hoping the 355's were gonna fit that bill as I really like the sole design as well. It almost seems like the 155's have less offset from the 6 iron pics, which would be weird, but maybe just looks that way.

Ya I don't disagree with that, I just like a bit longer heel to toe, and was hoping the 355's were gonna fit that bill as I really like the sole design as well. It almost seems like the 155's have less offset from the 6 iron pics, which would be weird, but maybe just looks that way.

Just a looks thing. I would say the 355 and 545 are really similar heel to toe after having them side by side 2 days ago.
I do want to mention in here as well though, since a few asked, there are not plans to have the 155 line in the US for those in this country.

FWIW - offset is less than in Ping's G series.

Just a looks thing. I would say the 355 and 545 are really similar heel to toe after having them side by side 2 days ago.
I do want to mention in here as well though, since a few asked, there are not plans to have the 155 line in the US for those in this country.

Okay good to know, will maybe wait to see some more comparison pics. Will end up with either the 545's or maybe give the 355's a shot for next season.

Im sure the THPers that are going to Up & Down w/ THP & Cleveland Golf will get a chance to test some things out and offer feedback as well.

Back